[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New FPS game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5
File: poll.png (520 KB, 768x434) Image search: [Google]
poll.png
520 KB, 768x434
DAY 3
Hello 4chan.

In what era would you like the next big FPS game to be in?

Please answer via this poll and feel free to discuss: http://strawpoll.me/6364779

Best regards!
>>
>>321585104
>no first world war
>no Napoleonic wars
Fuck off.
>>
>>321585291
There is no marked for it. Sorry, mate.
>>
10 votes in 10 minutes, thanks everybody!
>>
>>321585423
People would have said that there was no market for a weird Eastern European fantasy RPG filled with slavic folklore based on some obscure author's work that the guy himself deemed to be a failed experiment, but the third release in that series won GOTY and sold millions.
How the fuck do you know what there's a market for?
>>
>>321585104
>vietnam level
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
>>321586223
I have no idea what game you are talking about, but as you self explained the THIRD release went mainstream. That is the problem; it has to be a best seller straight away, or else it is not worth developing.
>>
>>321585104
>Old school killing Nazis
I want to play as the nazis.
>>
>>321586525
Me too but it will never happen.
>>
>>321586581
The German team on Red Orchestra is always the most popular one.
>>
>>321585104
none. how fucking unimaginative can you get?
>>
>>321586525
This.
>>
>>321586773
It's called mainstream. Gotta have something guaranteed a bestseller.
>>
File: 1448685936053.png (437 KB, 712x540) Image search: [Google]
1448685936053.png
437 KB, 712x540
>>321585104
>Nazis and Vietnam beating terrorists and robots
You fucking faggots need to get the fuck out. Who the fuck wants to use the same dated weaponry with their mosin and PING meme weapons all the fucking time when you can use new and more unique weapons in modern and future times with much more customization and combat options?
>>
>>321587416
WW2 combat is the niche now, ever since cawadooty modern warfare came out.
>>
>>321587416
Maybe because people are tired of all the fancy customization etc. In Cod Ghosts is was like 1000 different classes possible. It becomes to much "elite" and "professional". Isn't games supposed to be fun? I personaly love the old shooters, where there was very limited weapons and perks/combat options. It creates a tighter AND more fun game.
>>
>>321586503
>I have no idea what game you are talking about, but as you self explained the THIRD release went mainstream
I was referring to the Witcher series, for the record.
The first game aimed for a niche market and got surprisingly good sales for it (1.5 million last I heard), breaking mainstream with the second game, and the third sold six million as per an article in September, four million selling in the first two weeks.

Getting that sort of number of sales will take time to reach whatever you do, and you do yourself a service by identifying an area where there's little competition.
FPS games are common as fuck, and if you something so damn generic, you will be eaten up by people doing the same shit as you are doing better/as part of a bigger franchsie/doing something interesting with it.
You need to find something unique and attention-grabbing to get people's interest, do it correctly and with luck you build up momentum so that in a few years your series gets big. I'm not even talking about my wanting a Napoleonic shooter, just generally about trying to be at least a little bit imaginative with the stuff you do, otherwise you'll just find your time and effort wasted.

Alternatively if you just want to make money selling unimaginative shite, make a 2D pixelated indie platformer with somewhat catchy music and a pretentious story. Bam, you made a few millions easily.
>>
>>321587416
Even in a modern setting where there are many more weapons available, If the game actually cares about realism you'd be using only the weapons and accessories in service, which wouldn't be that much more than the arsenal you'd have in a WW2 game.
>>
We need a good wild west fps game set up like battlefield or call of duty. That shit would be fun as fuck god damn it!!
>>
>>321587902
I completely agree with you, that was a great read. I too want a "strange" era to be created a FPS around, but I am affraid it will sell limited copies.
>>
>>321585104
I want a FPS that you use bows instead of guns. It could be in dark age britain.
That would be nice
>>
>>321587416
>their mosin and PING meme weapons all the fucking time
As opposed to the M4 "sandnigger trigger" and AK commie shooter?
>>
>>321588239
(...) but I am affraid it will sell limited copies.
Because it will refelct an realistic, historic era and not a made up (Whitcher). I do love fiction story games but in this context I am talking about war games that deal with reality (1939-2025).
>>
>>321588314
Native Americans vs colonialists lol
That shit would be fun
>>
>>321587813
>>321587943
Yeah I get that, but WW2 and Vietnam (to a lesser extent) already had their time in the spotlight. We really don't need any more games based around them. There really should be more shooters that don't try the CoD route and do modern and future shooters more realistically with a good amount of customization in more of a class sense, kinda like Insurgency or Planetside.

>>321588329
I honestly try to avoid those guns when possible.
>>
>>321588636
I was about to suggest this.
You could do cool shit with the Conquistadors too, trying to find gold and fucking around with the Aztecs.
>>
File: 1383673147369.jpg (80 KB, 800x487) Image search: [Google]
1383673147369.jpg
80 KB, 800x487
Battle of Little Bighorn with aliens
Civil War with magic
Korean War versus dinosaurs
Grenada but troglodytic subhumans come up from the ground mid combat
Cold War but sexy
>>
File: D7Dcu7j.jpg (87 KB, 605x949) Image search: [Google]
D7Dcu7j.jpg
87 KB, 605x949
We need more Vietnam games.
>>
>>321589005
Tomahawks, spears, swords as melee options
Ranged weapon options??
>>
>>321589174

Macuahuitl for melee
Atlatl for ranged
>>
>>321585104
Every war that happened in Africa.
>>
>>321588969
There have been tens of games regarding WW2 and the Vietnam War, but actually it is quite a long time since a game with these two eras have received a worthy game about them. I am talking multimillion budget. Wouldn't it be tempted with a WW2 game with an unlimited budget so that writers and programmers could make a jaw dropping game?
>>
>>321589461
since when?

if it has black people only it won't sell
>>
hutu and tutsi conflict
interesting but it won't sell
>>
>>321589828
Loadout

>machete
>handgun bartered from peacekeeper
>glass jar full of flies with sleeping sickness

First map is a hotel
>>
>>321589828
It would be impossible for the game developer to decide which side the player should be on.
>>
>>321589727
protag will be white(american accent) and will be siding with the blacks to destroy britbongsmade by ubisoft
>>
settings barely matter because if the devs are retards its always city in ruins with a different color filter.
>>
>>321590846
As usual.
>>
>>321589727
just make a operation dragon rouge game
it got shorts , fn fal, uzis and soldiers of fortune if the opening of blops2 was ok the dragon rouge should be.
>>321590846
better with the because they could just use afrique 50 for the intro.
>>
>>321585104
How about an fps set in a world where almost ALL GUNS are unreliable? like they break or explode in your face, like everytime you use one you are litterally GAMBLING because it could explode in your face and get you either hurt, blind, deaf or even severely multilated
>>
>>321592397
a gang war game could be cool
>hi-points are the best guns in the game
>>
World War 1
>>
>>321592974
An interesting era but it does have many video game friendly historic event. Majority of WW1 occurred in trenches.
>>
>>321592397
Make guns something the player relies on in tight spots and the majority of the game is something else, like melee or traps.
>>
Fantasy, give me more Hexen-style shit

Science-Fantasy would be cool as well
>>
>>321587416
What about Mecha Terrorists in Vietnam who were created by Nazis?
>>
>>321596445
Hold up. How about those nazis... What if they were... Zombie nazis?!
>>
>>321597085
>Robot Jihad has their puppet strings pulled by Nazi Zombies

I like it.
>>
>>321593295

>Creeping across no-man's land, freezing when flare shells go off
>Brutal hand-to-hand fighting in the trenches, lobbing makeshift grenades and using trenching shovels as melee weapons
>12 bros in a tank creeping forward towards the trenches, trying to dodge artillery shells that the players in the opposing trenches are trying to call in.
>Aircraft battles that actually feel like they fit the size of the battle space, unlike Battlefield games

Nigga, trench warfare is full on friendly for video gaming;
>>
>contemporary terrorists

You do mean "mentally ill", middle-aged, white, male, USA Americans, right?

Last I checked, they were ones doing shooting up the most buildings.
>>
>>321598693
Black people shoot people more, you just don't hear about it as much because it's not newsworthy.
>>
>>321585104
>FPSes must be set inside a realm of a possible outcome for a real war on earth
>not just making up a super-surreal outcome that has Mankind facing up against anything like undead, dragons, aliens, bronies, or some other rediculous enemy

man even robots are gonna be a real thing on the battleground, and i don't care. give me a shooter where i shoot Bronies or something.
>>
>>321598693
lol, not even close
>>
>>321598826
>not newsworthy

says whom? Niggers i'd imagine.
>>
>>321599139
Because it happens all the time. It's like making a news report saying someone woke up today.
>>
>>321598693

I'll amend my list.

"Mentally ill", middle-aged, male, USA Americans.

To be fair, I really don't care about black or white here. After so many fucking grade school/school/hospital/health clinic/public event shootings on home territory by US citizens, I can't help but feel fucking pissed off whenever somebody goes "But the MUHSLUHMS are the real terrorists here!"
>>
>>321599440
from what i see in news, what's newsworthy is this week's cat video, the traffic and weather, and what Obama did that didn't screw america over.
>>
>>321599528
while don't think all muslims are terrorists, Islam does condone acts of terrorism and murder for the sake of God is Good and use that to fuel their terrorism. to Islam to be accepted in the Western world, either Western ideals crumble or Islam gets a reformation like Christianity has gotten.
>>
File: Chitanda is Curious.jpg (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Chitanda is Curious.jpg
201 KB, 1920x1080
why do I always kill nazi, why cant' I be the nazi?
>>
>>321599820

In what way does Islam support terrorism?

I'm not aiming to be an ass; I think that there's a huge difference between a religion specifically condoning acts of terrorism and terrorism that's religiously motivated. Specifically, terrorism that results in death.
>>
>>321598557
Look into Verdun.
>>
>>321600128
'Cause no game developer would dare it.
>>
>>321600606
oh..
>>
>>321600329
compared to the western world, which tries to be accepting of all idealogies, to not be labeled as a bigot, in the muslim communities it's accepted that anybody who is not muslim is deemed ok to murder in the name of god.

Thunderf00t is a good place to go to learn that what the media preaches about "Islam is Peace" isn't the truth. The religion is used to justify violence. Their Ayatollahs have praise some bombings on western civilization. Muslims Jeered silence to the shooting in France.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEir8ORIks0

dunno if this the right video, but he has a few over the years.
>>
>>321600723
When "No Russian" created such a huge controversy, imagine the hysteria when you are gassing 6 million people "for fun".
>>
>>321601005
Sounds like free advertisement. Just like how GTA got started. Everyone wanted that game off the face of the earth. More people got to hear about it, evey cool kid wanted to play it, and so on
So I was thinking mabey a Nazi game could mabey end up the same way, somehow.. mabey?
>>
>>321585104
Those are all shit, done-to-death options. What I'd really like to see is 1930's America, before the St. Valentine's Day Massacre and prohibition ended. Police and Criminals armed with BAR's, Auto 5's, M1928's, etc. Play as the Law fighting bank robbers and moonshiners, or maybe play as criminals and run rings around them. I think it would be really cool to explore both sides around the death throes of prohibition, maybe as a BOI agent.
>>
>>321602397
Very cool idea. But that is not a FPS game. That's a single player story game.
>>
>>321601524

That's acceptable edgy though. Now, I'll confess that I haven't played GTA since Vice City, but unless I'm really off the tracks here, there's no scene in any game where you rape someone, right? Compared to some of the other stuff you get up to in the game (drug trafficking, carjacking, murdering) rape would seem to be par for the course. But it isn't. That's because it's ok to brutally murder criminals, steal shit and sell drugs. It's the same type of stuff you see bad guys doing in movies.

But there's a line. Rape typically is over it. Remember the shitstorm when Sansa got raped on Game of Thrones? No-one batted an eyelid at Theon being exquisitely tortured over a series of weeks, but one off-camera rape scene happens and people flip out.

And playing as the Nazis is typically over the line as well. You can get away with it in stuff like World of Tanks because your character is a tank. Tanks aren't inherently Nazis. Furthermore the perception is that a Wehrmact soldier is separate from the excesses of the Nazis, no matter how untrue that may be. So other games get away with having German soldiers, but even they wouldn't dare have a mission where you execute civilians. Perception matters. Murder may be a worse crime than rape but it's portrayal in any form of media rape is always seen as worse.
>>
>>321603374
>Sleeping with a hooker and then brutally killing her to get your money back is fine
>Rape is unacceptable

I don't get it.
>>
>>321603564
Because you don't use force when having sex with the hooker.
>>
>>321603732
But you have to force your dick into her pussy
>>
>>321604574
not with your itty bitty dick.
>>
>>321604829
Your mom needs me to lube up just to get the tip in though
>>
Jesus...
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.