[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did denuvo win? Is it uncrackable now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 1444989530578.jpg (30 KB, 685x205) Image search: [Google]
1444989530578.jpg
30 KB, 685x205
did denuvo win? Is it uncrackable now?
>>
Well so far only JC3 didn't get pirated, out all Denuvo games. And I guess FIFA but who the fuck pirates FIFA.
>>
>>321579641
>no
>no
>>
p sure they cracked it

didn't they?
>>
>>321579641
It was only designed to be uncrackable for the first few weeks after release
>>
It will certainly continue to be a pain in the ass since publishers license ongoing support.

Denuvo will continue to patch vulnerabilities which will then take weeks to get through.

The problem here is that Denuvo is continuously making money during all of this why the scene is doing it for free.

A lot of groups will just give up because the e-cred is no longer worth the headache.
>>
>>321579804
just pirate any fifa game in history and it's the same as the latest one, like literally.
>>
>>321579641
Even if it is, and it did, the company is losing money by using it.
>>
Even if all games had Denuvo, and Denuvo was 100% uncrackable, the only thing it would accomplish is pirates would not be able to play games anymore. How would that benefit anyone? It seems like a scenario where no one wins and plenty of people lose. Publishers included, since they have to pay for Denuvo. In fact, only Denuvo wins. So yeah, Denuvo would win.
>>
>>321583482
Of 1000 pirates at least 1 of them will be forced to actually buy the game. So, it's a net win for the publisher and the developer.
>>
>>321583482
>>321581638

The scholars of /v/ are killing me
>>
>>321584041
of 1000 pirates 500 try the game first before decide to buy it, now they cant try it. they lost 500 potential buyers
>>
>>321584260
Steam and Origin both have refund policies which allow you to try before you buy.
>>
>>321584041
That assumes the cost of creating or licensing Denuvo is less than the cost of just putting up with priacy.

Paying $5 million to prevent $1 million in lost sales is pointless.
>>
>>321584041
Is that enough to pay for the Denuvo license? Probably not.
>>
>>321584260
>pirates
>buy
ahahha
>>
What kind of name is "Denuvo" anyway?
>>
>>321584472
I pirate games regularly and have 170 games in my steam library, most of them are AAA titles.
Check mate atheists
>>
>>321584646
its ovuned backwards because pirates got owned
>>
>>321584472
well dude i dont know you but i always pirate first before buying a game if the game dont have a demo
>>
>>321584041
>implying pirates would buy a game they would otherwise pirate.

No, they pirate games they wouldn't buy under any circumstances.

Only exceptions are the people who just pirate to see if it performs to their standards on their system. And those ones are negligible since they buy the game if it does.
>>
>>321584869
Best post I read today.
>>
>>321584260
Oh, the mythical "pirate who pirates to try and if he likes the game he'll buy it later".
I've heard he rides an unicorn and can turn water into gold with a touch of his magic wand.
>>
>Sony created Denuvo
>Sony saved PC gaming

Based
>>
>Dragon Age 3 gets Denuvo
>sells less on PC than both Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2
>Lords of the Fallen sells less than 50k copies

Thank you for converting these filthy pirates into paying customers!
>>
File: 1363225044834.jpg (56 KB, 450x500) Image search: [Google]
1363225044834.jpg
56 KB, 450x500
>>321587826
>>
>>321584472
Pirates are generally also the people who spend the most on movies/music/games.

Aside from the actual poorfags from shitfuckistan but who cares.
>>
>>321584402
2 hours isn't enough desu, though I think Origin's policy is pretty good. Too bad Origin is limited to EA games essentially

>b-b-but what about indieshit games that can be beaten in 2 hours
Plenty of games can be beaten in 2 hours and still have residual content that leave you wanting to come back for more.

I think it should be at least 5 hours since it takes that long for some games to start showing their true colors. Hell I deleted FO4 after 20 hours, though I agree that would be way too generous.

If your game has less than 5 hours content you should probably make a better game. And video games aren't the only thing you can use and then return for a full refund. Pretty much any possible item you can buy at a store could be bought, used, and then returned. It's just the cost of doing business. Want to sell people things? Some of them are going to be dicks.
>>
>>321588014
So the people who pirate video games don't pirate music or films/tv for some reason? Or is this just (You)?
>>
Every single game I've bought, sans multiplayer ones, I've pirated first.
>>
>>321588014
I'm from shitfuckisttan and pirating is he only way i can access movies, music and video games.
Not even a poorfag by local standards
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.