[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can this even be called a "Battlefront" game? >No
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
How can this even be called a "Battlefront" game?
>No space battles
>No campaign mode
>No Clone Wars
>Only 40-player battles
>Only 12 maps
>Only 6 Heroes/Villains
>DLC costs as much as actual game
>>
Because it's a shit product for the massess who fell into the fake hype of the new star wars movie?
>>
>>321578026
>fake hype of the new star wars movie
Are you eastern european?
>>
>>321578026
How is the hype fake?
>>
>>321578182
>Let's release tons of viral trailers and people to talk and market about how epic and great star wars

>People who haven't watched any Star Wars movie or doesn't care at all starts to fall into they fake hype because Star Wars is now "in and cool"
>>
>>321578519
Well, if they fell into the hype and became hyped themselves, the hype is real.
>>
>>321579162
I wouldn't say it's a fake hype but an artificial one.
>>
>>321577620
I bought the battlefront ps4 bundle over the uncharted games since I already played uncharted. This game gets old real quick
>>
>>321579447
I agree. Sorry for sticking to details
>>
>>321577620
>How can this even be called a "Battlefront" game?
EA owns the rights to the name
>>
I went in expecting nothing, played battlefront on ps2/xbox and psp previously

Its possibly the biggest blunder of 2015 because the list of fuckups is something else

just to name a few:

>the game only takes place in old star wars, ie 4 5 and 6, where is prequel heroes like obi wan and anakin, or even yoda for fucks sake he is in the old movies, at least psp battlefront had prequel/originals space fights and ground fights
>piggybacking on this the game HAS NO CONNECTION WITH THE FORCE AWAKENS EITHER WHY
>shitty BF4 engine with dynamic resolution dropping in large rendering scenes
>NOTHING IS THE PROPER SCALE, EVERYTHING IS TOO SMALL
>it takes you years to play as a hero, and you get the same shitty palpatine fuck that shitty hero
>NOTHING IS TO SCALE
>literally 6 levels
>endor is at night for some reason
>too many experimental game modes that add no new gameplay
>gunplay distance of most blasters falls within the awkward range between short and sniper long, most of the game youre just shooting really far away hoping to hit something
>shitty unlocks that add nothing to the game
>NOTHING IS TO SCALE
SERIOUSLY WHY IS EVERYTHING SO TINY THIS REMINDS ME OF TWISTED METAL
>>
>>321581415
Endor has a night and day version
>>
>>321581667
is there a version where the ATAT is bigger than an SUV?
>>
>>321581415
Gonna point out a few of your incorrect points.
>piggybacking on this the game HAS NO CONNECTION WITH THE FORCE AWAKENS EITHER WHY
there's a jakku map
>NOTHING IS THE PROPER SCALE, EVERYTHING IS TOO SMALL
everything is scaled pretty well actually, i don't think you're very well versed in star wars
>it takes you years to play as a hero, and you get the same shitty palpatine fuck that shitty hero
You can choose the hero you want when you use the pickup
>literally 6 levels
There's like 10-12? different size maps for different game modes
>endor is at night for some reason
There are both day and night versions of Endor

I think it's a pretty bad game but your criticism is shit in places, get smarter.
>>
>>321581823
when nobody is looking at it it turns to the size of a bus
>>
>>321581823
yes, but they aren't as big as they were in the movie
>>
The air battles are shit, you can just spawncamp without being able to defend yourself because you're stuck in a 2 secs cinematic of your respawn.
>>
>>321577620
>clone wars
>wanting prequel trash

Fuck you.
>>
>>321581880
>counting air battle versions of maps separate from regular versions of the map
found the EA employee
>>
File: battlefront.jpg (28 KB, 250x352) Image search: [Google]
battlefront.jpg
28 KB, 250x352
How can this even be called a "Battlefront" game?
>No space battles
>No The Force Awakens
>No heroes/villains
>Only 64-player battles
>Only 26 maps
>>
>>321583646
Anon we do get that Battlefront II is the epitome of the series.
>>
>>321582949
There are at least 10 land maps of varying sizes.
>>
>>321584119
Battlefront 1 was better though
>>
>>321584171
How so?
>>
File: 1432162822049.jpg (96 KB, 512x921) Image search: [Google]
1432162822049.jpg
96 KB, 512x921
>bought it today for 40% off
>planned on refunding it
>start having fun despite taking forever to find a game
>start having a lot of fun
>realize im gonna end up refunding it while im still having fun but if i dont ill get bored of it in like 3 days

fuck you ea
>>
>>321582557
Hey man, they might've been bad movies but if you're looking for big busy battles (which battlefront is) then they're fine scenarios
>>
>>321584362
Battlefront 2 tried to do too much and suffered because of it. It added a campaign (1 technically had one but it was just regular matches with some movie context), heroes, space battles, unnecessary classes and weapons, and the overall quality of those was lower than what Battlefront 1 had.
>>
>>321582557
by that logic wanting republic commando 2 is bad

desu clone wars is a better setting for vidya than GCW
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.