[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should we enforce the laws against violence in video games? Studies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: justice.jpg (53 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
justice.jpg
53 KB, 640x425
Should we enforce the laws against violence in video games? Studies have found a strong correlation between juvenile violence and video game addiction. Too many criminals are getting away from law.
>>
>>321577346
No, we should not.

Would you like to show me some of these "studies" ? Because I have a strong suspicion that they will end up being totally made up bullshit, like the rest of them.
Hell, I've seen more studies showing a clear connection between the appearance + growing popularity of videogames and the steep declining of violent crimes around the world!

tl;dr: Instead of again, in fucking 2015 + 1, trying to demonize a form of media and art, one that's been around for almost 40 years soon at that, we should focus on solving the ACTUAL, underlining root of our problems, that lead to criminal behavior: poor living conditions, mental issues, overpopulation... etc.
>>
Why not be proactive and just ban guns?
>>
>>321577346
How about we ban retards that don't have citations for such bold claims?
>>
File: 1451156008622.jpg (50 KB, 493x312) Image search: [Google]
1451156008622.jpg
50 KB, 493x312
The only thing that would be good from this is that /v/ will finally have a reason complain about censorship.
>>
go back to bait school
>>
>>321577346
>Studies have found a strong correlation between juvenile violence and video game addiction.
I'm pretty sure most studies done on this subject find the exact opposite.
>>
>>321577346
Yes
If you "kill" someone in a Call of Duty multiplayer match, that's not so different from killing him in real life. I mean, the graphics almost look like real life anyway. It should count as murder.
Don't even get me started on those games where you catch animals and trap them inside small plastic balls. Such horrid animal abuse.
>>
File: 1423180760610.jpg (37 KB, 400x248) Image search: [Google]
1423180760610.jpg
37 KB, 400x248
>>321577346
>Studies have found a strong correlation between juvenile violence and video game addiction
Didn't we already do this back in the 90's?
Give it a rest already.
>>
>>321577346
>strictly ban all sex and nudity
>complain but never enforce violence

I've heard the argument "violence is human nature." Yeah, well so is sex and nudity. I want h-games on my home console or else get rid of all violence.
>>
2 things

1st: This is bait so hard that it hurts

2nd: Video games already won constitutional protection as free speech and art so any law that would try to do that would get struck down shortly after being made. At least in USA.
>>
the replies in this thread are proof /v/ has gone to shit
>>
ayy
>>
>>321577346
[citation needed]
peer reviewed studies pl0x
>>
Imagine if someone starts making literal murder simulators for VR. Do you guys think the murder rate will rise, fall, or remain the same?
>>
File: Kaori[1].gif (1 MB, 500x261) Image search: [Google]
Kaori[1].gif
1 MB, 500x261
>>321578282
>watching Akira at school in 9th grade
>people getting blown apart, limbs torn off, mowed down with bullets into human swiss cheese
>no problems, this is just fin-OH SHIT THAT GIRL'S BOOBS ARE SHOWING JESUS CHRIST HOW HORRIFYINGLY INAPPROPRIATE FOR 15-YEAR-OLDS QUICK TURN THE MOVIE OFF!!!
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.