[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>classic style turn-based JRPG >full control over whole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Xenoblade X.png (2 MB, 924x1320) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade X.png
2 MB, 924x1320
>classic style turn-based JRPG
>full control over whole party of characters
>strategy over even basic attacks, have to think about conserving mana and defending when low on HP
>makes sense when you are hit or hit the enemy, as you very directly go to hit them, no bullshit

>neo "JRPG" (MMO Action RPG/Uncharted hybrid)
>no control over party members instead they use half-assed AI that always is too overly aggressive
>no strategy beyond waiting for cooldowns, automatically attack constantly and everyone is a bullet sponge, including the player, except for tacky status effects that "down" you or the enemy
>no conversation of mana, all ability have infinite uses even though it makes no sense
>no items for simple use of a potion of phoenix down or something, that would be too much thought for ADHD millenials
>you hit enemy from miles off with a knife because logic, and enemy doesn't hit you but does and kills you because you were within a mile of their hitbox
>the entire point of this is to make you feel more in control but ultimately you have less control and what you can do is more limited than a good old-fashioned JRPG

was playing Xenoblade X and had my party wipe because the AI is retarded and this game doesn't even try to explain how the combat works outside tutorials, because it knows it's all nonsense.

when will you all realise it's all just a massive illusion of choice trying to fool you into thinking these singleplayer MMOs are good? WoW and KH killed the JRPG genre by forcing them all to conform to being shitty open world "experiences" because that's what they think sells to the modern player.Put in any good PS2 era JRPG and you'll see how unique it is as a genre compared to this new shit trying to ape WoW and make all the autists feel like they're part of a "big world," that is mostly full of nothing except generic big monsters and wilderness.
>>
The battlesystem in the previous Xenoblade was better yea but your just being butthurt faggot
>>
I have fun with it
>>
That's like your opinion and multiple styles of jrpgs exist, they are all fun, have their own faults, and some are just grindfest. Honestly as long as the game is fun, paced properly, and has plenty of moments were you can make mistakes to learn from, then it wins in my book and XCX provides all of that.
>>
>>321576624
no, every style of JRPG like this would be better if it was turn based. Run into the field, encounter enemy, screen shatters and go to turn based. This would fix all the problems at the cost of "immersion" and offend all the ADHD kiddies.
>>
If a tree falls in a forest, does it even make a sound?

If I like the game, and I do, what does it matter how it plays?

Having an opinion is a lot like having a penis, OP. It's nice and all, but don't go around trying to shove it down people's throats.
>>
Turn based, random battle infested, save only at specific checkpoints are dated pieces of dogshit. Get over our nostalgia.
>>
>>321576913
Did you know that being above or below your enemy and whether you are in their blind spot or not affects your critical hit ratio? That's what's so good about controlling your position.
>>
>>321577114
>save only at specific checkpoints
There's literally nothing wrong with this.
>>
File: enhanced-25312-1422981967-2.png (411 KB, 500x307) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-25312-1422981967-2.png
411 KB, 500x307
You're mad because you're bad at the game
>>
>>321576624
>The battlesystem in the previous Xenoblade was better

worst taste on /v/ atm
>>
File: 1314019402128.png (384 KB, 705x720) Image search: [Google]
1314019402128.png
384 KB, 705x720
I like turnbased games and xenoblade X. Xenoblade X is simple as fuck and seems like you can't even figure it out OP. I think you might be stupid.
>>
>>321577114
>Turn based
literally every JRPG besides FF13 and other AAA JRPGs made for American kids, enjoy your fast food design faggot
>random battles
>implying JRPGs have to have random battles or it's a bad thing when they do
now you're just being retarded

>>321577206
Good to know. I'm enjoying this shit but I needed to vent, miss my fucking old school JRPGs and this is not giving me my fix.
>>
>>321577385
He's right though. XCX has less for you to do, relies on soul voice gimmick too much and party members are indistinguishable from eachother. There's no strategy in XCX, just your "rotation" like a mmo. Skell combat is just using arts and hope for cockpit mode.
>>
>>321577568
XCX is xenoblade's combat with additional depth, saying otherwise is incorrect
>>
File: 1330608300286.jpg (44 KB, 409x393) Image search: [Google]
1330608300286.jpg
44 KB, 409x393
>>321577671
>additional depth
>literally less for the player to do and/or think about
You are an idiot. It's so deep using essence exchange, overdrive and spamming starfall blade, rondo,etc for melee combo damage. Other "builds" are even more braindead.
>>
>>321577501
>miss my fucking old school JRPGs and this is not giving me my fix.
So you jumped in not knowing anything about the game, then complain about how it's not like classic JRPGs?
>>
>>321578424
I knew the game would be like this, it's actually pretty good for this type of game but it's still an abortion of what JRPGs should be. It's going down the same road to samey crap as AAA open world games. Feels like I'm playing GTA with MMO combat, in a JRPG world.
>>
>>321577114
Nothing wrong with that.
Random encounters are awful though.
>>
>>321576189
>single player MMO

Opinion disgarded
>>
>>321578910
that's pretty much what it is though
>>
>>321578993
i seriously hope you don't think this, but please, explain how it is.
>>
File: umaru4.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
umaru4.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>321576189
I agree with you OP

As a Mexican weeab who spent like 85$ for the Special Edition the game does a terrible job explaining how things work, you can even read the manual but not all things are always clear

The text is small and the gigantic world makes you feel anxious specially when you find monsters who are overpowered

An inconsistent OST from the Kill La Meme composer

A real shame.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.