[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 2016 the year we see it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: half-life-3.jpg (48 KB, 960x576) Image search: [Google]
half-life-3.jpg
48 KB, 960x576
Is 2016 the year we see it?
>>
>>321575323
late 2017
>>
2015 was the year of dreams. If it didn't drop then, it will never see the day.
>>
>>321575384
Thanks gabe.

No but srs, i think 2016 will be the year.
Too many convenient leaks in the past few months.
>>
inb4 the uncle toms
>>
>>321575529
like what?
>>
>>321575529
2017 will be the year. Half-Life 3's development didn't seriously resume until 2014 when developers started shifting away from dota 2.
Plus we already know it won't be a VR game.

It'll be released along with Left 4 Dead 3.
>>
>>321575620
Leaked file names in DOTA updates and steam updates. they had file names that refer to specific HL3 code and reference "open world" RPG type game mechanics for hl3.
>>
>>321575323
No. It will never happen. Valve are only interested in making shitty cosmetic items for games now.
>>
>>321575772
there was no mention of "RPG" mechanics, there was only mention to "RPG", which, you know, could also mean the weapon.
>>
>>321575707
You think another orange box thing is in the works?

seems too bulky of a project.

honestly wouldnt be surprised with another portal desu
>>
>>321575978
these files mentioned quest citizen npc
>>
>>321575323
Too little, to late.
At this point its gonna be a blunder anyway, Gman was some sort of alien shapeshifter all along, Gordon gets voiced and turns down Alyx for whatever reason.
>>
>>321575978
night and day cycles were mentioned hence rpg mechanics
>>
>>321575323
lol
>>
>>321576147
"quest" is a name given to any given group of organized objectives that the player must fulfill, it doesn't mean "quest" as in "RPG quest". Half-Life 2 also has quests.

>>321576249
GTA has night and day cycles and has no RPG mechanics.
Far Cry has night and day cycles too.
>>
who cares
>>
>>321576362
oh sorry i meant open world
>>
with all the fucking rehashes that came out this year you better believe 2016 is half life 3. It's guaranteed to be shit too.
>>
>>321576129
that would be great

TF3
HL3
L4D3
P3

once again, still the best value in gaming history. just like the first OB...
>>
>>321576362
you aint getting it
it was literally named npc_citizen_quest, in regular hl2 and episodes all citizens and rebels are spawned through npc_citizen entity, thats where you set up their models, weapons, sequences, roles etc.
quest citizen gotta work in some other way
>>
>>321576129
If it is it won't be released for at least another 5 years, and I don't think Valve will stay 5 years without releasing another game.
>>
>>321575323
I hope we never see it, Valve drones need to fuck off already
>>
We'll never see it because Valve don't make games anymore

Also, HL3 would be just another shooter today and you know it. 2 had enough gimmicks and the great legacy and setting variety going for it, also virtually no plot dependencies so they could do whatever inspired them.

3 would need to coherently follow 2s plot without shitting the bed, being boring or gimmicky.

IMPOSSIBLE.
>>
>Played through all the main Half Life games this year
>They are all boring as shit

Did I get memed?
>>
I honestly don't think it will ever be released. The only scenario in which I see the game being released is Valve is losing money and quickly slaps it together to try to stay afloat, or Valve goes out of business and the Half Life IP is bought by EA, who will make annual installments similar to Madden.
>>
>>321576996
No they are just very simple shooters gameplay wise by today's standards
>>
>>321577159
>very simple shooters gameplay wise by today's standards
What shooters are you hiding from us?
>>
Today I will remind them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d6yBHDvKUw
>>
>>321576996
I did that last year and thought they were amazing. The first one was the most immersive game I've ever played.
>>
>>321577248
Crysis did something new
Metro did a shit ton new

In fact Metro is more HL3 than you could hope for

Great mechanics, great atmosphere and immersion. Those overground sections when you're scared shitless and your last mask is running out of oxygen

Fuck
>>
>>321577719
Same. I've never been so into shooter campaign since Halo. Fuck it was better than Halo because of all the atmosphere. Metro 2033 is a runner up.
>>
>>321577824
Neither of those games are anywhere near standard. You wouldn't be surprised if the fag that found 40 hours of Half Life boring never even played Crysis and Metro.
>>
>>321575323
Valve doesn't make games anymore.
>>
03/03/2016

cant say much else
-valve employee
>>
>>321578953
my dad works at valve and says you are full of shit
half life 3 comes out in Q3 2019
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdeY1v6jC7Q
>>
>>321578502

Crysis was terrible
>>
>>321579994
It was fun being Predator but it doesn't hold up
>>
>>321579994
>implying
>>
File: 1445958001754_1.jpg (18 KB, 286x210) Image search: [Google]
1445958001754_1.jpg
18 KB, 286x210
>>321575323
>DNF came out last year it was just okay AFAIK but still
>FFXV confirmed to release next year
>HL3 isn't even a thing and likely never will be
You guys don't actually think it'll ever come out, right?
>>
>>321575323
It's a joke to be hyped for this game right? Hl was amazing. Hl2 was just pretty good. I'm only expecting "pretty good" out of hl3.
>>
>>321575323
Not if Europe continues to slap them with lawsuits
>>
Valve has explicitly stated that they aren't making it and have even explained why they aren't making it.

The nature of Valve has changed. They are no longer about making games like most companies. Now they are about management. They manage a store that sells other people's games. The games they do make are platforms for DLC and microtransactions. They are trying to sell people's mods.

Valve considers Portal 2 a failure because it doesn't make them lots of money several years later the way DOTA 2 and CounterStrike do.
>>
Guys, stop.

>During an interview with Geoff Keighley in a one-off podcast called GameSlice (via Polygon), Newell was asked whether or not fans will ever see a proper Half-Life 3. Newell replied: "The only reason we'd go back and do like a super classic kind of product is if a whole bunch of people just internally at Valve said they wanted to do it and had a reasonable explanation for why [they did]."

>"But you know if you want to do another Half-Life game and you want to ignore everything we've learned in shipping Portal 2 and in shipping all the updates on the multiplayer side, that seems like a bad choice," Newell continued. "So we'll keep moving forward. But that doesn't necessarily always mean what people are worried that it might mean."

Nobody at Valve wants to work on Half-Life 3. Nobody. Half-Life 3 will never see the light of day because you have much more job security at Valve doing fuck-all than trying to work on a new, AAA singleplayer experience.

Don't torment yourself for another year, guys.
>>
>>321581910
Translation: We can't think of a way to monetize a game like Half-Life 3 to make its production worthwhile. If you can come up with a great monetization scheme that would actually work we might okay it, but otherwise we'll fire you for even voicing the issue.
>>
It will literally never be released.

Valve is smart enough to know it could never live up to the hype and would do infinitely more harm than good.
>>
>>321582269
It has nothing to do with hype. They're making more money with F2P low budget microtransaction fests than they would ever make with an instantly disposable AAA game.
>>
>>321581656
>>321581910
its official
steam actually killed pc gaming
>they warned you all those years ago, but you didnt listen
>>
>>321575323
Vive launch tittle
>>
>>321582269
>Valve is smart enough to know it could never live up to the hype and would do infinitely more harm than good.
I'm sorry Valve! I said, I'm sorry Valve!
>>
File: Hello_Friend.png (20 KB, 938x716) Image search: [Google]
Hello_Friend.png
20 KB, 938x716
>>321575323
FUCK
YOU
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.