[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PCbro here, which 2 consoles should I get and why? Wii U seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
PCbro here, which 2 consoles should I get and why?

Wii U seems the obvious choice but seems to be at the end of it's life almost which puts me off

Better exclusives on PS4 but more IRL friends on Xbox
>>
>>321565841
yes
>>
>>321565841
In another year you'll probably be able to get the wii u and every game that's ever come out on it for maybe $200, so get one of the other two if you must.

>pc-fag, irl friends
>>
The only thing that you can also be used to work with the new one of the most important part is the best way.
>>
Just wait for the wii u emulator in a couple years. That way you won't have to deal with noa's no bikini policy.
>>
PS4 and Xbone if the possibility of the NX releasing in the next two years worries you.
PS4 and Wii U if games like Bayonetta 2, ZombiU, SSB4, Splatoon and Zelda U are worth it to you.
>>
>>321566140
you doing ok anon?
>>
>>321566034
>implying Nintendo ever drops the proce of their games
>>
Wii U still has a bit of online life despite a new thing potentially being released soon. Stuff like splatoon won't be worth emulating ever, neither will smash or Mario Kart if you can't experience them now. And it seems like the NX won't be reverse compatible
>>
>>321565841
why the fuck are you even considering the xbone? no games, unless you like halo...

Don't support your friends dumb decisions, all of mine are getting ps4s now cause they have buyers remorse. Don't fall into the same trap.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 720x540
>>321566597
>lmao having different opinions than me that's fukken dumb do this thing instead all the cool kids are doing it
>>
>>321566140
swift key fag detected
>>
>>321565841
PC / Handheld is the way to go.
>>
>>321566140
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
I'd say WiiU/PS4 covers the most bases, especially if you dig Jap games.
>>
>>321567119
It's not even opinions; if you own a PC the only game exclusive to the Xbone is Halo. That's just math.
>>
>IRL friends have xbox

Get the Xbone then. Even if it is inferior to the PS4, I can tell you that it's fun as shit to play Gears & Halo with friends
I still have my PS4+Xbox, PS4 is great too
Do not get Wii U. You'll have fun for a little but it will collect dust eventually. I sold mine after letting it
collect dust after playing Bayo 2
it was fun, but it didnt last.
>>
>Wii U
+ Most current exclusives
+ Most games that can't be played on PC right now
+ A lot of those games are really good
+ Online is free
- Technically the worst of the three
- Ongoing support is fading fast, there are maybe three notable titles coming out in 2016
- The console will probably be dead by 2017

>PS4
+ Most future potential
+ Lots of games coming out in 2016 if you like Japanese stuff
+ One very good exclusive out now (Bloodborne)
- Very few games to play right now aside from Bloodborne
- Many of the games coming out for it are also on PC or Vita
- Paid online

>Xbone
+ Uh, Scalebound?
+ Maybe Crackdown 3 as well if that winds up being good
- Not many games
- Kind of redundant if you have a PC
- Paid online

Right now Wii U > PS4 > Xbone, but in future it will probably be PS4 > Wii U > Xbone.
>>
Just get a handheld.
>>
File: bait.png (59 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
59 KB, 1000x1000
>>321566034
>In another year you'll probably be able to get the wii u and every game that's ever come out on it for maybe $200
>>
>>321567981
thats not fact though
you're ignoring Forza, Rare Replay, Gears, Killer Instinct, Quantum Break, Scalebound, Gradius V, 360 backwards compatibility
Its not math, thats ignorance
>>
File: mommy.jpg (155 KB, 1000x1403) Image search: [Google]
mommy.jpg
155 KB, 1000x1403
>>321565841
The one that complements PC the best

3DS for Nintendo games and actual interesting IPs

PS4 for almost every Nippon vidya out there the PC will either miss or get 3-7 years later. I'm not talking only about Jrpgs but any nippon vidya, non-delayed fightan' games, gran turismo, all FromSoft games, non-delayed KojiPro games, etc

Xbone has half its current and future library Also on PC* (It's not even a joke like with the bottom of the barrel PS4 games, Xbone actually gets its biggest exclusives ported 1 year later)

WiiU If rather than interesting IPs, you like the Mario rehashes and hate Metroid/Zelda/FireEmblem/(newest)MonsterHunter/EtrianOdyssey/PhoenixWright/BravelyDefault/Pokemon/AnimalCrossing/SMT games, etc
You might as well get a gamecube or a wii for the same reasons you'd get a dead WiiU at this point, but just stick with the 3DS instead. Or wait for the NX wild ride
>>
>>321568486
>3DS for Nintendo games
Nearly every 3DS game has a superior counterpart on Wii U
>>
File: john cazale.jpg (12 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
john cazale.jpg
12 KB, 300x360
Honestly I've had the most fun with the Wii U out of all three consoles and it really saddens me that Nintendo hasn't done more with it over the past year (especially after the great 2014 we had).
>>
>>321568464
With the exception of Forza and Scalebound, all of those games are either available on other platforms or are coming to PC.
>>
File: 1400730754815.gif (996 KB, 402x234) Image search: [Google]
1400730754815.gif
996 KB, 402x234
>>321568464
Is this a falseflag shitpost? I'm not the guy you replied to, but:

>Forza
Only mainline is exclusive. Horizon also on PC*

>Rare Replay
Are you actually using a game compilation, of which 90% of games are easily emulated on PC, as a reason to own a Xbone?

>Gears
Gears remaster also on PC*. If you mean Gears4, it's made by a new team with no guarantee of quality, might just be another case of 343i. And it's not like Gears ended with a very sour note with Judgement. The best most classical Gears MP is also on PC* and the major bulk of the series is on 360, not One.

>Killer Instinct
Also on PC*

>Quantum Break
You mean the game spin-off from one of the 45 mediocre TV series releasing in 2016? This is the Order1886 equivalent on the Xbone, something to hide and be embarassed about, not proud of.

>Scalebound
Got your first good one on the list

>Gradius V
PlayStation 2
JP July 22, 2004
NA September 14, 2004
EU October 8, 2004
PlayStation Network
JP April 15, 2015
NA April 17, 2015
EU April 22, 2015
???????????????????????????????

>>321568685
Really now?
Is AnimalCrossing:Amiibo version better than the mainline games on 3DS?

Are the ZERO non-spinoff zelda games on WiiU bettter than on 3DS (which also has the spin-off, mind you) ?

How is DonkeyKong, Smash, or any other WiiU version of a multiplat vastly better than the 3DS's version?

Is it worth getting the slightly better version and lose all EO games, or every new MonHun, or every B.Default, or every FE game?
>>
>>321565841
If you're on PC, you have access to almost all of the triple-A shit, with better FPS and graphics, with free online, right? Exclusives are most of what matters. Right now, at least on console, Wii U has the best exclusive:

-Action - Bayonetta 1+2
-Party Games- MK8/Smash
-Third-person Shooter - Splatoon
-Adventure Shit - WWHD, Xenoblade, new Zelda pretty soon, etc.

Of the other two, only PS4 has a decent exclusive, and it's Bloodborne. If you have PC, Wii U is the only thing that offers a variety of experiences that you aren't just going to get better versions of on PC.
>>
>>321568685
no it fucking doesn't
>Monster Hunter better on 3DS
>Animal Crossing on 3DS
>Zelda Remakes are better on 3DS
>Wii U doesnt even have its own proper Zelda
>>
>>321565841
Get 2 PCs, they are far better than anything you'd ever find in the slums of console gaming
>>
>>321570001
horizon isnt on PC
Rare Replay has 360, OG Xbox & N64 titles that dont emulate well
Gears is coming to PC too late
Killer Instinct is coming to PC 2 YEARS LATER
Quantum Break has Remedy & Sam Lake working on it, could be good
I meant Raiden V, not Gradius - it's still a shmup exclusive to Xbone
>>
>>321570946
>Monster Hunter is a Nintendo Game
What.
>>
>>321570001
>Really now?
Yes.
Mario Kart 8 > Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D World > Super Mario 3D Land
NSMBU + NSLU > NSMB2
Tropical Freeze > Returns 3D
SSB for Wii U > for 3DS
etc etc
>>
>ever even thinking about xbone
>>
If you already bought a 3DS and PSVita, which are the superior two gaming devices right now, then:

PS4 > Wii U >>> Xbox One
>>
File: rad.jpg (83 KB, 412x441) Image search: [Google]
rad.jpg
83 KB, 412x441
>tfw idort wins again
>>
File: 2016.jpg (2 MB, 707x3000) Image search: [Google]
2016.jpg
2 MB, 707x3000
>>321571852
Ever since MFHU, MH has only been on nintendo console outside of japan, yes. Doesn't matter if it's 1st, 2nd or 3rd party.
The only exception was MHP3, but that's only in japanese

>>321570893
If you honestly think BB is the only worthwhile exclusive on the PS4 (right now) it's obvious you haven't searched very far.

>>321572097
That's all either subjective or a completely different version
I can do the exact same thing you just did but turn the ">" to the other side and my rebuttal would be just as good as yours

Here, have a taste:
HyruleWarriors 3DS > HyruleWarriors WiiU
AnimalCrossingNewLeaf > AmiiboCrossing
SSB = SSD
So on and so forth

Man, I bet I just burned your ass with a bunch of arrows

Want to know the truth though?
Mario Kart DD >>>>>>>> MK8
SSBM >>>>>>>>> Sma4sh
Metroid Prime >>>>>>>>> nothing
2 Zeldas >>>>>>>>> nothing (yet)
Fzero GX >>>>>>>> nothing
Actual 3D Mario >>>>>>> nothing

why not just get a vastly superior&cheaper Gamecube instead, then?
>>
>>321573210
>HyruleWarriors 3DS > HyruleWarriors WiiU
It isn't even released.

>why not just get a vastly superior&cheaper Gamecube instead, then?
It's still better to buy a WiiU because it supports WiiU AND Wii AND GC games.
>>
>>321571852
Nintendo has an exclusivity deal for Monster Hunter right now. It's not coming back to Sony anytime soon
>>
File: Anime.jpg (87 KB, 524x702) Image search: [Google]
Anime.jpg
87 KB, 524x702
>>321573971
>buying a dead console only to play games of its superior predecessors

well well, not a bad idea when you put it that way

I just love how we had to get this low to justify a WiiU purchase, though
>>
>>321574962
A Wii U purchase is justified because of the sole factor that the ps4 and xbo are shit atm
>>
>>321574962
If you have nothing interesting for yourself on WiiU, it doesn't mean others don't have too. I'm just proposing the best option to be enjoyed all the games on Nintendo consoles.
>>
>>321565841
>groups wiiU with actual consoles
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>Wii U seems the obvious choice but seems to be at the end of it's life almost which puts me off

What the fuck, people don't like to buy early consoles because they don't have games, and then people don't want to buy late games because they won't get games anymore? What the fuck is with that latter mentality.

Last I checked that never stopped PS3 users from buying the console even when PS4 was already out.
>>
>>321573210
>HyruleWarriors 3DS > HyruleWarriors WiiU
>>
>>321573210
>Mario Kart DD >>>>>>>> MK8
>Metroid Prime >>>>>>>>> Metroid Prime Trilogy
>2 Zelda >>>>>>>>> the same zeldas but HD
>"actual 3D Mario" >>>>>>>> a better 3D Mario
Fuck off.
>>
>>321573210
>SSB = SSD

Super Smash Brothers = Super Smash Drothers?
>>
>>321566384
nintendo don't decide their retail price
>>
>>321573971
It doesn't natively support GC games. You need to softmod a wii u to play GC games.
>>
PS4.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.