[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm wanting to take advantage of the steam sale and buy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: BM.jpg (41 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
BM.jpg
41 KB, 460x215
I'm wanting to take advantage of the steam sale and buy something, and I was considering getting this. Played a little bit into HL when I was a kid on my playstation, loved HL2 when it came out. I'm just not quite sold on this but I'd love to play HL with more modernized graphics.

What does /v/ think? Should I get it?
>>
Gonna bump one time
>>
>>321562647
Don't buy it. it's still not finished (missing the last few chapters + many smaller areas around the game). It's literally in early access.

Wait for it to get actually finished. If you HAVE TO play prettier HL1, get the 100% free mod version.

I'd rather pay the price of one cheeseburger for the whole HL collection. Great games, tons of great mods.
>>
>>321563271
>If you HAVE TO play prettier HL1, get the 100% free mod version.
...or mod the original HL1 with the numerous fan-made HQ mods.
>>
>>321563271
Thanks man, I think I'll wait
>>
File: steamlink-hd-1.jpg (191 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
steamlink-hd-1.jpg
191 KB, 1680x1050
>>321563735
np. I can't recommend the original HL1 and HL2 games enough. Grab the Portal 1 & 2 as well while at it.

if that's not enough. Give the STALKER trilogy a try. You can find its rookie guide and beginner's tips posted at >>321563950
>>
>>321562647
You can still get it for free and completely legitimately on the game's mod-db page.
>>
>>321562647
DON'T BUY THIS UNTIL IT HAS XEN
>>
>>321562647
>still no xen
lmao
>>
the damage values are all wonkey, its missing zen those GLARING AS FUCK flaws kill it for me.

they fixed on a rail though, so thats fucking awesome.
>>
>>321564718
Does it have multiplayer?
>>
>>321565117
no. But seriously, who plays HL for MP?
>>
>>321563271
It's bretty good for me personally, and I like all HL games. It's like 8 hours worth of playtime and all updates are free instead of dlc.
>>
>>321565708
It was pretty OK even as a mod, but it's still an unfinished product. Thus, it's not a valid replacement for the actual HL1 for the rookies like OP, who've not beat the game yet.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.