[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rpg Maker programs.. the potential to make decent game is there,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: header.jpg (65 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
65 KB, 460x215
Rpg Maker programs.. the potential to make decent game is there, but the ability to seems.. lacking.

Foes anyone know of any actuslly good games out there made on any of the rpg maker programs?
>>
d- do you want to play my game, sempai?
>>
>>321551465
What is your game?
>>
>>321552491
It's an rpg maker vx game... maybe you wouldn't like it...
>>
>>321552852
Probably not. I already kind of don't like you becsuse you post like a retarded weeb. But let's have it. What's your game?
>>
theres like a whole category in the steam stored dedicated to games made in rpgmaker

i dont trust them to be not-shit, but i guess someone is buying
>>
>>321552852
Did you use default assets? If yes, then fuck off. There's a billion of those lazy assetless shitgames out there.

I have no fucking artistic talent but even I've been able to cobble together customized sprites with a combination of widely available resources, packs, and programs like GCH.
>>
>>321552960
Nevermind.... only nice people can play it. I'm sorry...
>>
>>321552996
I don't fuck with steam becsuse of just that, it's a cesspool where anyone can dump a shit tier game and call themselves a game designer.
>>
>>321553152
>only nice people can-
Carry your ass back to Tumblr, snowflake.

>>321553137
This.
>>
>>321550786
Sacred Tears TRUE, Legion Saga series, Barkley Shut Up and Jam (well, it was originally a RPG Maker game), Legend of Queen Opala, and some others I can't remember right now (and some I haven't played, like Starless Umbra, Alter A.I.L.A Genesis and one visually fucking amazing french game that I can't find because I can't into french, FUCK).
For other genres made on RPG Maker: Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, Yume Nikki, Ib, Witch's House, and some others.
>>
>>321553137
But RPG Maker is pretty much made for Idea Guys, people with no actual talent in vidya development, just silly ideas.
It is also made for drawfags that can't into programming and pretty much anyone can use it, but ideafags are the main audience. Don't expect them to "fuck off".
>>
>>321554059
Not fuck off in general, just from this thread, noone here will want to use the generic default asset shit we've seen for years.

Plus, those drawfags can hook up with the idea/script guys and make a game together.
>>
Final Fantasy 6 for PC
>>
>>321554263
I see what you did there

and it's sadly true
>>
>>321554181
>those drawfags can hook up with the idea/script guys and make a game together.
And it rarely works, to be honest. Most completed projects are either one-man-team or a group of friends doing something together for fun (and most of the time none of them have dev talents, they just learn stuff as they develop the game).
A drawfag can just follow his dreams and download completed scripts from RPG Maker forums. Or actually be smart and sell his sprite sets to other people.
>>
>>321554691
The latter would be best, yeah. Otherwise true.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.