[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some games one could play either "actively"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 10yevki.png (203 KB, 767x502) Image search: [Google]
10yevki.png
203 KB, 767x502
What are some games one could play either "actively" or "passively"?

Runescape comes to mind first, so I guess I'm looking for Runescape-esque games. To me, playing passively is like doing something that isn't very mentally demanding - such as clicking on trees or water bubbles and tabbing out to something else. Essentially, letting the game "play itself", though you're still accomplishing something just by having it on running.

Playing actively is the more traditional way and demands more brainpower. Games like League or Guild Wars come to mind since you need to divert almost 100% of your brainpower to accomplishing something. Runescape somehow manages to ask for less brainpower and yet still draws enough attention to be considered "active" - namely due to its simple combat system. Obviously I'm referring to Oldscape.

Are there any other games (preferably online and mouse driven) that can conform to whether or not you're feeling lazy?
>>
>>321545098
haha :D

THIS!!!!

\thread xD
>>
That's a very interesting question OP, though I don't know the answer.

Just thought someone else should reply besides our /v/edditor over here
>>
Hearthstone i guess, i mostly tab out and don't give a fuck about what happens but can still get gold and shit
But if you want you can sit down and really tryhard and improve constantly, so I guess that is one
>>
Cookie Clicker
>>
>>321544408
MMO's, I guess. You can play passively by doing quests and collecting stuff. And you could play actively by doing pvp or dungeons.
>>
eve online i guess
>>
>>321544408
Hinterlands, Sacred, Gothic 3, Morrowind, San Andreas, Underground 2 or Project Cars.
Definitely space games like Elite Dangerous or Freelancer/Darkstar One.
Lost Planet games.
Garrysmod.
Uh... Company of Heroes. Rise of Nations/Legends are great for eco turtling.
>>
Would Banished count?
>>
>>321544408
guild wars 2
>>
X3: Terran fucking Conflict

Game has an "accelerate time" button and it still is the most passive game I know of. I can play it and Warframe at the same time and make progress in both.
>>
>>321544408
EVE Online.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.