[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I play this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: ffxii.jpg (134 KB, 539x681) Image search: [Google]
ffxii.jpg
134 KB, 539x681
Should I play this?
>>
its great, but if you dont like grinding then hell no
>>
Yes, it improves on the original in every way.
>>
Yes, as long as you can get past the fact that Vaan isn't the actual "main character" of the game
>>
>>321535073
pretty easy when you dont actually have to use him, just keep him out of party once you get 4 people
>>
Yes. Just be sure to plan out your Job/Esper choices ahead of time because you can't go back once you pick them.
>>
>>321534951
No, it's easily the worst FF. Even after factoring in FF2.
>>
>>321535374
Why the hate?
>>
>>321534951
Yep. Battle system is a little different from usual, so you have tasteless idiots like >>321535374 posting nonsense. There people who prefer it like me, and others who likes both, so try it and form your own opinion.
>>
File: 1450802512785.png (998 KB, 800x689) Image search: [Google]
1450802512785.png
998 KB, 800x689
>>321536604
>form your own opinion
>but if the opinion is negative you're a tasteless idiot
>>
>>321534951
Should? No, there is no expectation for you to play any video game at all. You can play it, but the burden of choice is on you.
>>
>>321534951
It is IMO the best FF on ps2. story suffers from director change that happened midway to developement, but it has shitloads of side missions and content. IZJS version fixes most of the gripes people had with the combat system. Not mentioning the godly voice acting that seriously should be remastered so you could hear it without compression.

Vid related https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9769vztXW4
>>
File: Ogir-Yensa-7[1].png (84 KB, 981x533) Image search: [Google]
Ogir-Yensa-7[1].png
84 KB, 981x533
I'm playing through it and it's better than the original, you should play it OP

But man, just imagine how the start of this game would be improved if there were no vaan and penelo
You wouldn't start with that boring as shit hunt and fetch quest
Instead, the game would begin with the attack on the banquet and you'd take control of Balthier

I'm at the ogir yensa sandsea now, on my way to Raithwall's tomb, and I remember HATING this place in the original, so I'll take a break from the game for now
>>
File: pcsx2_2015-12-16_00-39-03.webm (451 KB, 800x302) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2_2015-12-16_00-39-03.webm
451 KB, 800x302
>>321534951
yes
>>
>Haven't saved for few hours
>Get a sudden chill
>Turn the camera around
>There's one of those FUCK YOU orbs starting their attack
>>
>>321539548
Someone had the great idea of making what is probably one of the biggest areas in the game into something you walk through really early on to get to a place you only visit once. And obviously this means it's littered with weak garbage enemies and low quality treasures.
>>
>>321539745
I love how they follow you around until you agro them. so cute :3
>>
>>
Theres a button that speeds up the game by like x5. So worth playing
>>
It's 2015 and time mage is still the worst class fuck you no there is no secret potential if you know the game inside out it just sucks.

Never pick time mage.
>>
File: pcsx2_2015-12-16_14-29-17.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2_2015-12-16_14-29-17.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
last one I got
>>
File: allhailmatsuno.jpg (1 MB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
allhailmatsuno.jpg
1 MB, 3000x3000
>>321534951
It's OK.
>>
Havent played this game.
But I heard its a rip off of The Empire Strikes Back.
Is this true
>>
>>321535374

Listen to this anon, FF12 is a boring single-player MMO, go play Xenoblade Chronicles instead, it's straight up better in every way.
>>
>>321540282
>all these poor souls that missed out on FFXI

It's literally the best one
>>
>>321540284
You mean A New Hope, which is a rip off of The Hidden Fortress, which is a rip off of literally thousands of iterations of The Hero's Journey monomyth.
>>
>>321540435
It still hurts that I missed out on it. I tried it for a week or two a few years ago, but it was a confusing ghost town with pretty dated graphics.
>>
>>321540440
>>321540284
>ripoff
I don't think you understand how culture works.
>>
>>321540325
>Xenoblade Chronicles

hated the battle system in this one
all the challenge came from your allies' retarded A.I., and the fact that you can't hit anything five levels above yours

gambits >>>
>>
>>321535073
This is what irked the shit out of me. I could never finish the game after this became apparent and led to what was the death of the series for me. It's not that I like Vann as a character, in fact I think he's pretty damn underwhelming, but you don't do that kind of shit.
>>
>>321541294
The use of an 'unplayable' main protagonist in Basch/Ashe, with the player character as a virtual onlooker to events much, much larger than his station in life would ever become allows for a unique and refreshing take on the hero's journey compared to what previous FFs had relied on; all of which suffered from a predictable rise from rags to superhuman, world-saving riches instead of a more plausible hero who was full of faults and truly relied on his teammates instead of carrying them through in every instance.

Don't be sad the main character isn't a Gary Sue.
>>
File: Balthier.jpg (582 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
Balthier.jpg
582 KB, 500x700
One of the most unique games and one of the best ones
also amazing English script with great voice acting, the sound is compressed, though, so it sounds bad
Balthier is my husbando
>>
>>321534951
did they add proper widescreen to this one or was it just letterboxed like XII?
>>
>>321540440
>12fags always getting salty that 12 rips off A New Hope and bringing up LE HERO'S JOURNEY

Like, so what? Who cares that the plot completely ripped off Star Wars? Bigs and Wedge are based from Star Wars as well, do they bring down FF6?

I will never understand the salt over this when I have fun playing the game itself.
>>
>>321542364
I'm not saying it as a bad thing, I meant that saying 12 "ripped off" a hero's journey is to discount the thousands of other stories that did as well. It's like saying a girl with a fat ass isn't any good because there's already been a girl with a fat ass in the world.

A good story is a good story, and the fact that its been retold for millennia means its got appeal that spans culture and age.
>>
>>321534951
Yeah, it's fun. This is my first time playing FFXII all the way through and I surprisingly really like the combat/gambit system. They found an interesting way to speed things up and make grinding/mindless battles very low input, but also keep you planning ahead for the more challenging sections/fights. The IZJS changes (from what I rememberof the original) make a huge difference in character variety, so you have to put some thought into how you pick classes and develop your characters. It gives more character to your party.

IZJS also overhauled a ton of random bullshit from the original, and made it harder to miss the good endgame gear.

The music, atmosphere, and environments are 10/10.

Also IZJS has a turbo button that's basically like 2x emulator speedup. It's fucking essential.

Anyway this is the first RPG in a long time that's roped me into its convoluted endgame grind. The last 30 hours I've put into this game has been doing endgame shit and I haven't even started on the super bosses yet. Even at level 99 on everyone and some of the best gear, there's some challenging shit left to do.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.