[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your favorite game of 2015?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
File: geralt_wallpaper.jpg (262 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
geralt_wallpaper.jpg
262 KB, 1920x1080
> You can also post your biggest disappointments in 2015
> You may explain why it was your favorite game if you want

Pic related, no explanation needed
>>
Favorite game that I didn't expect to be my favorite, Bloodborne. I fuckin love it. Honorable mention to the jap release of the Nohr route of FE:If

Biggest dissapointment was MGSV. I didnt' hype it with myself to the extreme levels of fagtarded fanboys did but I expected it to at least be a complete game or at least have SOMETHING other than gameplay to it.I can completely roll with stuff like that but I can not say it was satisfying.
>>
>>321533614
Simply ebin op heres your reply
>>
>>321533847
I don't think that meant that Witcher was his disappointment, but rather his personal favorite game of the year
>>
>Favorite game of the year
Splatoon

>Biggest disappointment
MGSV, which ironically enough, I'd still put it up there as a GOTY candidate for it's gameplay alone
>>
Isaac Afterbirth, despite all its flaws.

Disappointment of the year is MGSV. All it had to be was more GZ with a big dumb revenge story about Big Boss and his bad feels. Instead we got retcons, vocal cord parasites, an open-world grindfest that would make Assassin's Creed look good by comparison, and then after 80 hours it just stops because they ran out of money.
>>
>>321533614
GOTY: Bloodborne
Dissapointment: Devil's Third
>>
GOTY: Undermeme
Disappointment: Many aspects of Hotline Miami 2
>>
Favorite: Xenoblade X
Dissapointment: MGSV (what the fuck has happened koji?)
>>
>>321533614
i honestly thought it was the closest 10/10 AAA RPG to come out in a really really long time.
>>
>>321534818
This is a genuine question - are you gay?
>>
GOTY: Witcher 3

DOTY: MGSV. I thought the twist was fucking stupid, and the open-world was terrible.
>>
GOTY: Witcher 3

DOTY: MGSV, 2nd game I had buyers remorse for. I'll never fall for hype trailers again.
>>
File: 1450030987148.jpg (13 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
1450030987148.jpg
13 KB, 612x380
1. Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved
2. Until Dawn
3. Bloodborne
4. Divinity OS EE
5. N++
6. Tales From The Borderlands
7. Rainbow Six Siege
8. Fallout 4
9. Tearaway Unfolded
10. Black Ops III

Disappointments:
>Her Story
>Witcher 3
>Rocket League
>MGSV
>>
GOTY: TW3
DOTY: FO4 I guess, though I didn't even play it seeing how shit it looked
>>
Witcher 3, easily.

Still gets my dick hard whenever I start it up.
>>
>>321535567
>Geometry Wars 3
>Until Dawn
>N++
>Tales From The Borderlands

>Drake

You must be new here friend.
>>
>>321535567
was 4 the first fallout game you've played?
>>
>>321533614
favourite game: Witcher 3

dissapointment: actually didnt get dissapointed once this year because I literally expected nothing. closest thing to it would be fallout 4 but I just pirated it and still had a decent experience
>>
Wit her 3 is on sale on PSN and I'm off today and tomorrow. Is it worth buying? I never played the first two so I guess I just want to know if I'll be lost and not enjoy it.
>>
>>321535858
It's amazing, you dont need to know anything about the story beforehand. I enjoyed it so much I started reading the books after.
>>
>>321535567
age?
>>
GOTY: Reluctantly, FO4. I enjoyed the story and in a year that sucked this bad it's better than everything else for me since I like single player games.

Biggest disappointment: Battlefront definitely. I know we knew going in that it was going to be terrible, but the potential for a great game is there and that just makes it so disappointing. MGSV is a very close second.
>>
>>321535858
Yup, and it's not really that much related to the prev games
>>
Favourite: Yakuza 5 and The Witcher 3

Disappointment: MGSV
>>
>>321535217
Nope
I'm a sucker for fuck year moments and undertale had a bunch of them
>>
>>321535820
>you don't conform to the hivemimd >:(((
>must be leddit xDDD

Fuck off kiddo.

Geometry Wars 3 is what I've spent the most time playing and enjoyed the most this year. It has a ton of content and is super polished and fluid. Every level is expertly designed and plays totally different, and there's classic survival modes, two adventure modes, co-op mode, hardcore mode, multiple game modes, etc. Honestly the best twin stick shooter I've ever played

N++ is the successor to N+ which I really enjoyed on XBLA. It has a ton more content, levels, enemies, modes, physics etc. Just a really fun and challenging game boiled to just its essence.

Until Dawn and Tales from the Borderlands are both great in different ways. I really enjoy the CYOA story games as they are something new and unique and I really think that interactive movies and cinematic games are going to be more prominent in the industry as time goes on.

I have been probably gaming for longer than 90% of /v/ and tire of the same shitty FotM meme games.
>>
>>321535848
Nope, played 1, 2, 3 and New Vegas

NV > 1 > 2 > 4 > 3

>>321535998
>>
>>321536516
At least you got 1 > 2 right, but there's really not enough differences between FO3 and NV to justify FO3 being last and NV first. What I'm saying, I smell hypocrisy.
>>
>>321533614
>Favorite game:
MGSV
>Biggest disappointment:
MGSV

I don't think I played any other games that came out this year. Just worked on my backlog.

This year fucking sucked for video games.
>>
>>321536516
Why do people rank NV and 3 on opposite ends? It's the same fucking shit.
>>
>>321533614
This year had so much disapointments. Fallout 4 was biggest of them. I didn't think they could make game worse then F3 and Skyrim was. And how wrong i was.
>>
GOTY:
>Rocket League

Honorable mentions:
>Fallout 4
>MGSV

Disappointments:
>Witcher 3
>Undertale
>>
Bloodborne is my GOTY and Fallout 4 was so disappointing.
>>
>>321536806
>"muh bethesda=shit obsidian=gods"
>"muh hivemind"
>"d-do I fit in guys?"
>in reality they're just as shit/mediocre/good/whatever (though there's minor differences like bethesda's lack of care for the lore)
>>
>>321536806
>>321536687
>It's the same engine so it must be the exact same game!
>>
>>321536406
you would love undertale
>>
>>321535567
My nigga. For some reason Witcher 3 is so boring to me. It doesn't help that the combat controls suck balls
>>
File: 1450369616385.jpg (197 KB, 600x913) Image search: [Google]
1450369616385.jpg
197 KB, 600x913
Xenoblade Chronicles X, definitely. Splatoon and Heavensward are a somewhat distant second and third, respectively.
>>
>>321536687
>>321536806
Probably because Fallout 3 has much less mechanics, a poorly designed world, a shallow and basic story, a lack of choice, terrible writing, and butchers the lore?
>>
>>321537326
>a poorly designed world
>a shallow and basic story
>terrible writing
Are you saying these don't apply to NV? If you, you're an idiot.

But when it gets down to it, all open-world games made since last gen are shit.
>>
>>321533614
I love how nobody mentions how much of a fucking disappointment Battlefront was. What the fuck was that abomination? That's why I fucking hate the gaming market and producers like EA who can shit all over great franchises and get away with it.
>GOTY is between Witcher 3, Bloodborne, MGS V, and Fallout 4
>>
Witcher 3 is so much GOTY material that it is almost unfair.
2015 has been such a good year for videogames, and then this monster of a game comes and destroys everything else.

Still, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate had me enslaved for a much longer time than Witcher 3.
>>
>>321537326
NV has all of those apart from lore butchering. Also the "more mechanics" is just the dull survival mode and iron sights, plus dumb DR system that shits on high-RoF weapons for some reason.

And don't come telling me "choose a faction and then that faction will win" is a good story. Nevermind the retarded Legion and the chip you for some reason started hunting and turns out to be useless in some of the endings
>>
>>321537659
Nobody expected anything from it because
>EA
I guess
>>
>Favorite Game
Im Stuck between Bloodborne and MGSV. Bloodborne was perfect and it made everything i played after it feel dumb and way to easy (Yes im talking about Witcher 3) MGSV's Story was weak i give you that but it tooked me 40 hours just to get to africa because i had so much fun searching for good staff. Also MGO is fun.
>disappointment
Witcher 3 was weak, maybe because i played it just after i finished Bloodborne.. ill give it a shot again but i love the books to much to take the stroy seriously.
Fallout 4. Well.. just reminded me that Obsidian should make more RPGs for existing franchises. Fuck you Todd i trusted you!
>>
File: Lynlee_point.png (428 KB, 456x535) Image search: [Google]
Lynlee_point.png
428 KB, 456x535
>>321537303
By XCX you mean biggest disappointment of the year, right? Because the game turns to complete shit once you get your skells and ground combat becomes obsolete and is replaced by the garbage "press art on CD" shit that skell combat is.
>>
>>321533614
Please provide an explanation.
>>
Witcher 3 GOTY, might even be able to hold up with games from the glory days, that's how good it is
can't wait for the expansion
>>
File: 12.jpg (22 KB, 418x250) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
22 KB, 418x250
GOTY: Bloodborne
Disappointment : MGSV, i've never been more disappointed in my life.
>>
>>321535567
Until Dawn?

Whats good about a interactiv teenage horror movie?
>>
File: y5.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
y5.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
It was the only game I played that came out this year though
>>
>>321537659
This. Battlefront is fucking awful
>>
Favorite Game: Witcher 3. It was so immersive and the longest straight ive played a game for a while
Biggest Disappointment: MGSV. I still havent finished it. I bought it on launch and started playing right at midnight. First few hours I loved it but it gets so boring an repetitive. Its been months since I touched it and I honestly don't see myself ever going back.
>>
File: 115915-119.jpg (7 KB, 272x347) Image search: [Google]
115915-119.jpg
7 KB, 272x347
>Witcher 3 GOTY

I can't believe how delusional some people are that they can't see just how bad the combat really was.
>>
Witcher 3 is my fav. MGSV was literal garbage. I kinda wish I had a ps4 because bloodborne honestly looks pretty fun. Splatoon and Undermeme are both terrible but I never expected them to be good so there was no disappointment
>>
File: 1406027859054.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1406027859054.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>321533614
>Favorite
Witcher 3 and Undertale (despite my cynicism, I found it charming)
>Disappointment
MGSV. Enjoyed playing it, but... this is how it ends? This is it? Really? My favorite franchise ends with a whimpering fart.
>>
>>321538441
Everything else was so good it makes up for somewhat mediocre combat. If combat was all I cared about I sure wouldn't touch shit like Souls games. So name 3 aRPGs that have better combat than W3 or fuck right off.

and stop disgracing Bob
>>
>>321538441
Combat wasn't great. Stil best game of 2015 though. I loved literally every other part of the game. Hell I still like some of the combat.
>>
>>321537659
>GOTY is between Witcher 3, Bloodborne, MGS V, and Fallout 4
In all seriousness, is this the worst year of gaming yet?
>>
>>321538835
Lol, far from it. Have you forgotten 2014?
>>
>>321538835
You don't remember last year? That was fucking pathetic.
>>
>>321538895
>>321538930
Honestly, no, not really. I haven't payed attention to video games in some time because the whole medium when flying off a fucking cliff.

But I ended up with a lot of free time now and needed a hobby. Came back to see if things got better. They got worse.
>>
>GOTY
Xenoblade suprised me, it's very rare for me to get 100+ hours in a game this fast.

>dissapointment
Nothing really, If I had to add something it would be Metal gear but I still enjoyed that alot.
>>
>>321539125
Did anything even come out in 2014 aside from Dark Souls 2 and DAI?
>>
>>321536516
How did 4 not let you down than if you're a fan of the series?
>>
>>321538172
This guy is a meme, don't worry about it.
>>
>>321537725
No, it really doesn't. It has a much better designed world with thought put into the layout and structure of the world. And it's just more interesting to boot.

The story and writing are both a great deal better. Bethesda writing and character design is just in general pretty awful. As for the story, it's simple in concept but each faction is well-written and has reasonable logical flow to support their position. I also really like the fluidity of it and how you can switch between the factions at any time (except obviously after the point of no return). I even think small things like being able to kill every character in the game is pretty big because it means the game just adapts to however you play it and I do appreciate them putting Yes Man as the catch-all.

And of course it's just the nature of videogames to have the MC be the center of the univserse. I mean obviously you play an instrumental role in whatever side you pick.

>>321539468
Why do you think I had it second to last? I enjoyed it for what it was, rather than what it wasn't. Just a giant sandbox that's fun to fuck around in with a goofy dialogue wheel and poorly written characters and factions. Still a fun game, even if it's a shit RPG.
>>
>>321539864
That's literaly my problem with Bethesda games, fun games with no actual qualities.
It's like eating Mc Donalds, except normies think it's GOTY level.
>>
>>321539125
Not really. 2014 was much worse.
>>
>>321538441
Combat isn't the main selling point of TW3, even then it's still a 8/10 combat-wise. Why do you bloodbronies have such an inferiority complex when it comes down to TW3? It's a vastly superior game in every measurable aspect. At least you guys have another game coming out next year, relax, senpai.
>>
>>321539423
I don't even know what DAI is.
>>
>>321538089
GOTY: The Witcher 3

DOTY: Metal Gear Solid V, Fallout 4

MGSV made me partially quit videogames. Seriously, I lost 10 kilograms, found a girlfriend. It hit me so bad how underwhelmning and rushed the game was that it actually turned out for the better for me. 100s of hours marathining previous games, reading up on lore, 100%ing every damn fucking trophy, dog tags and we get this
>>
>>321541069
>>321538089
*didn't mean to reply.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.