[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Citizen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: star-citizen1.jpg (407 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
star-citizen1.jpg
407 KB, 1920x1080
>start a kickstarter
>goal was $500,000
>get $100 million+
Are you excited for this, /v/?
>>
Yes, it's exciting to watch a bunch of retards throw millions at concept art and pray with all their might that something of substance will be given to them at the end.
>>
I'll be excited when people start committing suicide.
>>
>>321531329
Yes, I've enjoyed what they've released up until now
>>
In before the star citizen cultists set up camp jn here and pretend the alphas aren't poorly stitched together garbage meant to show the illusion of cgi delivering on their promises
>>
Although I haven't thrown a red cent toward this, I still hope all of the people who did get their money's worth.

I don't want this to crash and burn.

But I'm 99% sure it will.
>>
File: 1450942869026.jpg (189 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1450942869026.jpg
189 KB, 1462x1462
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/10/01/report-star-citizen-is-almost-out-of-cash-and-chris-roberts-insatiable-ambition-is-to-blame/

>reading the comments on this article
>>
>>321531563
Yeah those few bullshots they threw around were really something. You can definitely see where those 100 mil $ went...
>>
>>321532357
>insatiable ambition

I thought Forbes was smarter than this. It's a scam.
>>
>>321531329
>start a kickstarter because people can't pay through their website or some shit
>set it to a minimal goal of $500,000 and stating that this is a just an alternative to help fund the game

At least get your facts straight
>>
If a Kickstarter is asking for half a million dollars or more, they need to use a website.
Keep in mind funding Kickstarters is giving money to unprofessionals to eventually give you a product.
So 1. They don't even have to make it good, you already spent your money
2. They aren't a large team or business, so they won't handle money as well as others
>>
>>321531329
>Are you excited for this, /v/?
hell yeah i'm excited. the tears are gonna be amazing.

>tfw i know a guy who spent $16K+ on this and is about to have his salary garnished to pay back child support for the little shit he squirted into a bitchy columbian fatass
>>
>>321532546
>I thought Forbes was smarter than this. It's a scam.

They can't some right out and say that without hard proof. They're smart enough to not get sued into oblivion.
>>
How cohesive will the final product be? As far as I can tell at the moment it's just a bunch of very separate game mechanics being developed alongside each other by teams in different countries.
>>
It's the same shit every time. Do people not realize that making a game takes a fucking lot of time? Especially on this grand of a scale? It's always an employee who quit like twelve months ago who shit talks everything about the project, probably because they lust for publicity and hate him.

I can accept that he ran away with the money, because originally I made the donation fully acknowledging that this is a DONATION, and nothing may come of it, but there's also the possibility where they're actually working on the game as scheduled, I won't think it's over until 2018 with lacking progress reports, at which point it would be over.
>>
>>321535141

It is going to be spore all over again
>>
>>321531329
I fear that it's going to be shit, but I really hope that it will be good. If it actually comes out and is good than it probably will be one of the best games ever.
>>
File: 1451072493251.jpg (85 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1451072493251.jpg
85 KB, 500x500
>trackball

I am disgusted.
>>
>>321531329
not really, I don't wanna spend 4 grand to get a decent spaceship only to get it exploded by a nigger who dropped 10 grand on a bigger spaceship
>>
>>321537694
Nah, it'll be meh.
>>
>>321532357
>think comments can't be that bad

>first reply is blaming Derek Smart
>niggers demanding that he apologize when he's proven wrong
>someone actually donated 1000 to SC just because he's salty about the article

holy shit.

This might be a legitimate cult, or it's just dudes who put over a thousand dollars into a video game and are really desperate for it to be good.
>>
>>321531329
I'm still optimistic that it will pan out so I'm sort of hype. 3 years is a long time though and I don't follow the development closely so I can't really say anything about how well it's going. I can say though that I don't care much for any of the out of ship gameplay. It's nice to walk around and interact with stuff outside/inside of the ship but they didn't need to build combat into it. I'd be very happy to just have a dedicated space sim, sans FPS elements.

Anyways I only dropped $80 on it so it's not an issue for me compared to others who may have donated a considerably larger amount.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.