[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Welp I've been stuck at the sentinels for at least an hour.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: darksouls2sentinels.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
darksouls2sentinels.jpg
127 KB, 1280x720
Welp I've been stuck at the sentinels for at least an hour. I can handle the first one alright but two of them at once is impossible
I know you can summon but I've used all the human effigies I had so it doesn't help that I've gotten my shit pushed so hard I only have half my health.
Is there any way I can get my hands on some human effigies?
Any tips for the boss?
>>
File: 1451141536499.gif (2 MB, 315x238) Image search: [Google]
1451141536499.gif
2 MB, 315x238
>>321531201

GIT GUD
>>
>>321531201
Be a faggot and use the drangleic shield.
>>
>>321531201

I did DaS1 all by myself; I never summoned a sunbro for Jolly Cooperation. I was always kinda proud of that so I went at DaS2 with the same mentality. I died so many times at Sentinels that I finally summoned because I realized that I just wasn't having any fun.

Best of luck, OP.
>>
>>321531487
But you need to be in human form to summon, right? How do I get human effigies?
>>
Use the white soapstone to get summoned by other players, if you kill the boss with them you become human again.
>>
>>321531201
You just have to be really careful. Kill one, then stay far away from the other two until you have a good opening. Don't commit too much. The battle will take a while though.
>>
>>321531201
twin dragon greatshield makes them a joke
you only need 20str
>>
throw shit at #2 as it approaches the ledge
don't bail until #3 jumps up
every attack except the leaps and spin can be simply backed away from
keep both sentinels in your field of vision at all times
get them stuck on the support beams
>>
>>321531670
IIRC dogs in that area drop effigies.
>>
File: rune pose.png (395 KB, 992x1550) Image search: [Google]
rune pose.png
395 KB, 992x1550
>>321531201
They're really not that tough. Make sure to keep both of them in your sights at all times. They take a long time to recover from their attacks so just wait for both of them to attack within a close timeframe then go in for a swing.
>>
>>321531626
If you get summoned and succeed you can revive to human without effigies. If you use the small soapstone you don't even need to beat a boss, just some regular enemies.
>>
>>321532094
The ones I killed only drop some souls but now they won't appear again
>>
>>321531201
come on OP, it's really not that hard, just backpedal so you can keep both of them on your screen at the same time and wait for openings.

It's really not that hard, and if you use a blunt weapon they're straight up just a joke.
>>
what you gotta do is this
1.kill first knight as fast as possible

2.after this you can either wait for the next guy to jump up to you and land some hits on him or you can try do a falling attack on one of them.

3.now that you're on the floor you gotta play it safe never go for more than one attack if you see the opportunity to strike.

4.make sure you have both the cucks in your view at all times

hopefully this helps.
>>
>Dying to Sents
This is a joke right? Though I bet you're the type of faggot who didnt go full Faith + Int for Magic Caster fun times
>>
I think using a weapon with a fast attack time will aid you a lot. I beat the Sentinels solo the first time I played DaS2. If you're using magic like you are in the OP, you should acknowledge that the recovery animation leaves you wide open.

Try a rapier or longsword, maybe?
>>
The health penalty is so much bullshit, I dropped the game at the sentinels too OP
>>
Thanks for the tips.
I'll try getting summoned and then face these fuckers keeping>>321531934
>>321531762
>>321532197
in mind
>>
>>321532494
>Though I bet you're the type of faggot who didnt go full Faith + Int for Magic Caster fun times
This is legit fun. The problem is no one would invest in Faith otherwise after Miracles got nerfed to hell.
>>
the first one on the ledge is piss easy to stay behind and punish
then you just keep your distance from the two and wait for the lead to overextend then get a hit or two or quick combo
just control the space on the floor easy
>>
>>321532682
True. I played at launch and Faith was Max fun. Sun bro Faith Paladin hex mix was A+ I hope DS3 doesn't gut Casters
>>
>>321532494
>full magic
>judging others
Doesn't work that way
>>
>>321532678
>>321532660
>>321531201
>Half health
Get the Ring of Binding, for fuck's sake. If you don't know where it is, look it up. There's no shame in it, half-health is absolute horseshit, and at least DeS had the good decency to make it obvious and easily available from the beginning of the game.
>>
>>321531201
They're really easy to dodge, you can walk out of their hit boxes most of the time. Be patient and use a buffed Mace. If it's your third boss then your going against them too early.

>Had to recreate Knight characters over and over so I could co-op against this boss at an early level due to the shitty soul mem.
>>
>>321533141
This guy has it right.

The easy way to take these guys out is to use a mace or a club two-handed for easy staggers. Since they're also heavily armored like everyone else in the game, blunt damage is mostly unmitigated.

Failing that, you can also use a rapier because their counterattack window is massive.
>>
>>321531201
Their attacks are all mid-range. If you are close a simple sideroll against forward attack and forward roll against the slash will do. From longer range, you just need to watch out for the spinning attack. Or the shield throw, now that can fuck you over.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.