[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to pick up a new mouse, /v/, but I don't know too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: gamer cat.jpg (50 KB, 980x412) Image search: [Google]
gamer cat.jpg
50 KB, 980x412
I want to pick up a new mouse, /v/, but I don't know too much about this sort of thing. I've been using a Microsoft Comfort Mouse 3000 for ages but it's starting to die on me. I've never had anything with more than 3 buttons before, but I'd like to try a gaming mouse and Boxing Day seems like a good time to pick one up.

Any advice? I was looking at a Steelseries Rival or a Razer Deathadder Chroma, but I think one of these mice is a meme so I'm not sure.
>>
I'd avoid razor. They make you use a clunky driver suite type deal to get the full functionality it off your device. I have a mouse and keyboard from them and it sounded cool to have all that stuff centralized, but it's a bit of a resource hog for what it is
>>
File: zowie-fk1-5.jpg (74 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
zowie-fk1-5.jpg
74 KB, 800x600
>>
File: za12.jpg (56 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
za12.jpg
56 KB, 800x800
>>321529549
This.

Or the recent iterations of it. Pic related.

>no bullshit "pr0l33t customize your colors with mountain dew !" third party drivers to install, straight plug&play
>flawless sensor
>no "gamer" shit gimmicks like hole and leds everywhere, minimal and sleek design

The mouse of patricians. Haters will be hating, but that's how you recognize a good product : when fat neckbeards get angry about it.
>>
File: ec1.jpg (21 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
ec1.jpg
21 KB, 600x300
>>321529549
>>321529849
Don't care about lights, I just want quality for a decent price and a couple extra buttons.

Are some of those Zowie mice specifically for claw grip? I'm looking at some of them on NCIX Canada right now, and I'm not down with the claw at all. This one seems kind of nice, though.
>>
>>321529092
>>321529437
I agree to avoid Razer like the fucking plague. The only reason being that Synapse is the literally worst program ever made for anything ever. It goofed itself on my computer, and now I cannot reinstall it so my Black Widow Chroma is always stuck with the lights off now.

However, I do have a Death Adder Chroma and I love it. It's form factor is perfect for my hand, but maybe just because I'm so used to it. But it is a very solid mouse if you can get through the hurdles of Razer's bullshit. The original Deathadder has extremely sensitive mouse clicks, so that's why I got the Chroma
>>
>>321530306
The last ones (ZA series, respectively 11-12-13 i think) have different sizes for different grip. So google and figure it out.
>>
>>321529849
That mouse looks pretty good, maybe I'll buy it when my actual mouse stop working.
>>
File: 1439584507035.gif (999 KB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1439584507035.gif
999 KB, 280x210
>>321529849
>customize your colors with mountain dew
>>
I have a Logitech G303.

Yeah, it does have RGB LED, but you can turn it off.
>>
File: 1450847109350.png (622 KB, 1050x620) Image search: [Google]
1450847109350.png
622 KB, 1050x620
>>321530423
>mfw I got a Razer Naga from my sister for christmas
I wasn't going to be an ungrateful cunt and accepted it.
>>
I have also been trying to find a good mouse. I use fingertip grip, and I would have kept Razer Abyssus if it weren't for the fucked up software and the cursor going haywire. I tried Deathadder, but it feels disgusting to the touch.
If anyone could give me some recommendations for a good fingertip grip mouse I'd be honored. I'd like it to be symmetrical, no wonky ergonomic shit. I won't be able to play any games that require mouse proficiency as long as I have this piece of crap that makes my hand cramp (MIONIX Castor).
>>
>>321531195
>Naga
The newer Naga is not bad.
>>
>>321531340

I don't wanna seem like I'm shilling for my mouse, but it is a very comfy mouse.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9050/logitech-g303-daedalus-apex-capsule-review
>>
>>321531195
>>321531359
Razer has started making solid gear in the past few years, (not breaking within a year) the only problem is Synapse, which is essential if you want to actually configure your device at all
>>
>>321531359
It's the 2014 version, so I think it's ok.
>>
>>321529092
I am reasonably happy with my logitech G502, seemed like pretty good bang for buck given the amount of features it packed. Love the fucking free scroll wheel

Not perfect as far as ergonomics are concerned for me some of the buttons are hard to access, my hands are a bit big so I have to claw grip it so the back buttons next to my index and my thumb are not easy to reach.

I come from a microsoft comfort optical mouse 1000, it was pretty comfy.
>>
>>321534132
This looks like it would cut me
>>
>>321534294
I don't care about looks, steel series mice look better. I was looking for something with a few more buttons that I can configure for whatever application I run on the fly.
>>
>>321534132
Looks like a Bayformer's testicle.
>>
I'm getting a Death Adder 2013 and none of you can stop me.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.