[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WTF is this shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (34 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg
34 KB, 238x293
>Finally get around to playing Fallout 4
>expect to play a fallout game
>get minecraft with guns and unnecessarily loud horn section for every fucking encounter
>Actually having to invest skill points in Charisma???

Wtf /v/? If I wanted minecraft, I'd play minecraft. And I wanted to realize through my projections onto a videogame character that I'm a fucking loser, I'd go outside and try to make friends! Ffs! How is this game even playable without console commands?
>>
The settlement building feels like a mod.
>>
>>321529069

I can't believe they included that part into part of the actual game itself. "Hey guys, I'm trying to find my son... Build a town for you? OK!"
>>
I put 200 hours into f4 and did everything I could with one play through and somehow I feel like I didn't have fun. But then what made me play for so long? I have no clue.

I reinstalled kotor though, with some restoration and texture mods, and I'm having more fun replaying that atm.
>>
>>321529069
Feels like a good mod, and will be expanded through mods into an amazing mod.
>>
>>321529809

So minecraft 2: electric boogaloo? Fuck that shit.
>>
>>321530108
Or like every other TES game...
>>
>>321529697
I know how you feel. I think I'm mostly driven by how much I want it to be fun.
>>
>>321529697
>>321530518
>fun
What is this buzzword?
I played the game because it gives you a cool world to explore and lots of neat shit to find.
>>
>>321528956

>le minecraft meme

Nice shitpost thread anon! 7/10
>>
>>321529809

They basically said that the first DLC will focus on settlements, improving them.

So, basically Hearthfire, again.
>>
>>321530754
Fun, enjoyable, worthwhile. There's no point doing something you don't enjoy, and looking back on playing f4 it was enjoyable but not exhilarating, but that's most games.

You can't write off game enjoyment as a buzzword, is the only reason we actually PLAY games. That being said, it's been a while since I've played an actual "fun" game, but kotor is definitely one of them.
>>
>>321531349
That sounds great.
Modding for this game is going to be amazing.
>>
>>321531416
Yeah I just feel like the word "fun" implicates you're sitting there slack jawed yee-hawing at everything that happens.
Deus ex is my favorite game, not because its "fun" but because it's a great fucking game.
"Fun" is some lowest common denominator bullshit.
>>
I wanted to try a melee run, and I thought that it'd be difficult in the beginning, like other fallout games.

>Skyrim sneak, able to get pretty close to most enemies if I stay out of line of sight
>At least get close enough to pummel them
>Stimpaks everywhere, so I can heal when needed
>Tire iron right outside of sanctuary that I could immediately upgrade into bladed, has bleed damage
>Got a combat armor leg piece to drop from a random ghoul, infinite stealth boy when standing still
>Avoiding power armor, but ran straight for the railroad to get their ballistic weave
>Between armor, armor mods,and weave'd clothes and hat, not even deathclaws can trounce me
>US Covert manuals increase sneak
>Eventually get blitz, rooted, lone wanderer, sneak, ninja, and bloody mess
>All of the perks stack
>Can sneak up on anything while in their line of sight
>VATS blitz is a guaranteed one hit kill on everything
>>
>>321530817

Hi, Reddit!
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.