[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't it sell despite IMPROVING the original
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: log2_keyart_1920x1080.jpg (428 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
log2_keyart_1920x1080.jpg
428 KB, 1920x1080
Why didn't it sell despite IMPROVING the original
>>
Because it's LITERALLY WHO tier, no one wants to play shitty proto-weeb magicaRPGs anymore.

Get with the fucking times
>>
>>321527776
Speak for yourself.
Personally OP, I loved both games a lot and I wouldn't say LoG2 was better, but it definitely was on par with the first.
>>
>>321527971

There was more to explore, more secrets, non-linear structure and 2 slots for weapons configs.
>>
>>321527657
Hard to tell.

My bet is - people saw pretty shaders on the original and assumed it's hmmm.... little different game than it is even though devs stated specifically that it's dungeon master clone.

Even then you don't know how many units of LoG were sold through bundles or even in the same timeframe so... yeah.
>>
>>321527657
Because there was less dungeon crawling, which was the appeal of the first game to me. Doing arbitrary puzzles that don't make sense in an enclosed space while you have to memorize shit. The sequel was too much open space for me.
>>
>>321527657
Because LoG sparked a brief interest in blobbers, but it was just that - a brief interest. People now associate RPGs with story and characters, not with SSI qualities like dungeon crawling combined with puzzles.
>>
>>321527657
PC only is why it didn't sell.
>>
>>321527657
didn't have the same level of hype as the first one i remember everyone was talking about grimrock 1 btu when 2 rolled around it was just kind of forgotten
asscancer didn't even make a video on it and it wasn't even on any goty/rpg of the years lists in 2014 despite being the downright best
>>
I would've bought it but system specs are high for an indie game. so instead of gaming on my toaster I just play console.
>>
I didn't like it as much. This is a time where being on a happy island with way less dungeon really ruined the atmosphere.
>>
>>321529498
lost the single dungeon atmosphere but gained a bunch of other things it was worth it
the seperate dungeons were good too
>>
File: 020.jpg (101 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
020.jpg
101 KB, 640x479
>>321529310
>SSI

I wish I could play those, but they're just so damn clunky.
>>
>>321527657
The real reason it hasn't sold as much as the first one is simply because it hasn't been in a billion humble bundles and shit like that yet.
>>
>>321529310

Ravenloft games were better.
>>
>>321527657
main theme was worse
>>
>>321528880
It was too big. Got boring, the gameplay isn't good enough to carry that long a game. Backtracking. No real improvements or changes, just tweaks. Builds are either ideal or totally gimped.
>>
>>321527657

Personally, I had my fill with the first one. They released the second game too close to the first one and people that liked the first one didn't want another big dungeon crawling game RIGHT NOW.

Had they waited 1-2 years before releasing the sequel, they'd have gotten more sales.
>>
>>321531793
>Had they waited 1-2 years before releasing the sequel
they are just over 2 years apart
>>
File: 1430389617863.jpg (24 KB, 367x479) Image search: [Google]
1430389617863.jpg
24 KB, 367x479
>>321531793
>They released the second game too close to the first one

2,5 years after the first one was too soon?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.