[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Giving up on games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Lazy_Peon.jpg (97 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Lazy_Peon.jpg
97 KB, 1024x768
So I just got a job recently and I realized that I haven't even touched a game in months. Most of my free time has been going towards things like spending time with family/friends, catching up on sleep, playing music, or just watching netflix. I used to be able to play games all for hours but now I just can't motivate myself to play. How do the other normies on /v/ keep up with their life and still game? Or should I just give up on games as a hobby?
>>
>>321526805
Sundays
>>
File: 1446240453796.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1446240453796.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
Not being a wage slave would be a start
>>
>>321526805
WORK WORK!
>>
>>321526949
If only this was an option. I have to do things like eat and live so I can't.
>>
weed always helps. a lot
>>
>>321526805
I play a lot less now. Was thinking about picking up a new GPU for Christmas, but ended up wondering if it was just a waste of money. Console + modest PC is good enough for me now. Mostly just play fighting games and RPGs now anyways.
>>
File: 1449572615343.png (103 KB, 1437x908) Image search: [Google]
1449572615343.png
103 KB, 1437x908
>havning a job
>in times where everyone is living off welfare
>>
>>321528328
Weed doesn't make me want to play games it makes me want to just sit there and zone out watching tv or listening to music
>>
>>321528475
I barely even find time to get on my pc anymore
>>
Personally, I transitioned from MMO's and open world time consuming grindfests, to shorter and more "simple" games that still offer some form of interesting challenge. You never really "quit" gaming in the same way you never quit watching movies, music, or any other form of entertainment. You just have to find a format more in line with your time constraints.
>>
>any game that forces you to log in on a daily basis/play a lot (MMOs, card games with daily quests)
I don't have the time for that shit. Or actually I do, but that way I wouldn't be playing anything else and I hate having to play a game when you'd be rather playing something else.
>>
>>321526805
>I haven't even touched a game in months

life is a game, you fool.
>>
>>321528328
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>go from beating a vidya in a week to playing it over the course of a month
>Persona 3 was a multi-month effort and a matter of mild discipline
>Fallout 4 was a good two weeks and then one week of just smashing out the story quests to call it done
>love to compulsively explore and unlock everything.

I hear ya OP. Really it just kinda sharpens your focus. If a game isn't fun in the first two hours why bother? If you find yourself grinding bullshit, why bother? I can still play a game to mastery, clear all the hard mode stuff, etc. But only if it's fun.

Also you develop a much greater appreciation of short but sweet games. It feels good in a tricky way to fully beat a 6 hour game.

But really, gaming slow is fine as long as it's comfy. Just have to pick your conversations with some friends, especially if they're still burning the NEET candle. "Did you beat game yet?" "It came out two days ago." "I know I'm on my third playthrough." "Christ."
>>
prozac
>>
Go onto autismbux instead
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.