[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, this game is gonna flop right? >Rail Shooters and Shmups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: Star Fox Zero.jpg (60 KB, 640x330) Image search: [Google]
Star Fox Zero.jpg
60 KB, 640x330
So, this game is gonna flop right?
>Rail Shooters and Shmups are a dead genre
>Rehash of 64 and SNES
>Completely disregards Assault, Command and Adventures
>No Branching Paths
>Mandatory use of the WiiU gamepad
>>
>>321526289
>Rehash of 64 and SNES
But those are all good things. Probably gonna flop though unless they advertise the shit out of it like Splatoon and it ends up having multiplayer.
>>
>Rehash of 64 and SNES
wrong, it takes lots of inspiration from the unreleased Starfox 2

>No Branching Paths
You haven't even played it nor seen any evidence to back that up

This has been proven false aswell

Get out

>Rail Shooters and Shmups are a dead genre
Then buy the fucking game and help changing that
>>
I'm pretty hype about this, IIRC star fox games never sole that good.
>>
It might get popular if it has solid online multiplayer like splatoon
I'm buying it either way, nintendo's financial troubles are not my problem, I just wanna play fun games and SF looks fun
>>
File: f45c6b170245174f48091fd6285fc018.jpg (167 KB, 1160x1336) Image search: [Google]
f45c6b170245174f48091fd6285fc018.jpg
167 KB, 1160x1336
>>321526489
Assault is a good game, especially multiplayer.
>>
Why didn't they make Star Fox Assault except bigger, better, and with online?
>>
File: 71uz+99EQsL._SL1500_.jpg (75 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
71uz+99EQsL._SL1500_.jpg
75 KB, 1500x1500
>>321526289
It's a highly mediocre game and a sad swan song/death knell for the Pii U but rabid Neotendrones and irrelevant Star Fox furries will have you believe otherwise.
>>
We must believe in Platinum
>>
>>321532135
Because the vocal minority of loud Internet complainers have convinced Nintendo that what everyone wants is yet another reboot of the Lylat Wars.
>>
The response to this game being a rehash is exactly why we'll never get a true F-Zero GX sequel. Turns out Miyamoto knows what he's talking about!
>>
>>321526289
>this game is gonna flop right

Yes, it will. And once it does, Fox will never get any work outside of scooting and bouncing around floating platforms for tourneyfag autists in Smash ever again.

Nintendo is purposely putting its non-Mario big-top franchises to pasture one-by-one so that they can exit the home console industry and focus on mobile, toys, and "quality of life" applications.
>>
Watch it get no ads
>>
>>321526289
Are you lying on the internet because you didn't get any Christmas presents
>>
The game should've been made by Treasure
>>
I'm gonna cuck Falco
>>
File: 68245695.jpg (541 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
68245695.jpg
541 KB, 1600x1600
>>321526289
Probably. Which I'm sure will please the Krystal haters since it means they will never have to see a sequel with Krystal in it, even if it means the rest of us never get another Star Fox game.
>>
File: smg.jpg (13 KB, 195x259) Image search: [Google]
smg.jpg
13 KB, 195x259
>>321526289

So, this game is gonna flop right?
>3D platformer collectathons are a dead genre
>Rehash of 64 and Sunshine
>Completely disregards 1,2,3, World and Sunshine
>No Branching Paths
>Mandatory use of the Wiimote
>>
I don't get the appeal of branching paths. Maybe have paths with alternate bosses in some stages, but I'd rather play through every stage in one run. I didn't like that about Star Fox/64, especially since most of the fun stages aside from Area 6 were on the easy path, which I never wanted to do
>>
>>321531453
I liked Assault too, my only problem with it is that is a really short game
>>
keep hating on the wii u, this game is going to be great and going to add to a small but awesome library of games. have fun paying double the price years down the line when u realized u fucked up and never had a wii u
>>
If you can't tell it's just rehashed star fox 64 with SHITTY SLOW STEALTH LEVELS thrown in because lolmiyamoto

I don't know what to say
>>
I dunno, it will probably sell enough for Nintendo to consider it a moderate success. I've spoken to several of my friends and they all said they're getting it including my mustard friends.

It'll get a handful of sales from furries and old starfox fans that don't frequent /v/. The rest of the sales can only be gained if Nintendo chooses to advertise the damn thing.
>>
>>321537847
>a mario game
>mario
>a game/franchise which is interchangeable with video games in general
>play any sidescrolling game
>this looks, just like mario
I was playing rogue legacy and my aunt is dumb
>on the wii
>the most popular console at the time
>a combo of those two is gonna flop

>comparing all of that to fox
Should have named it lylat wars again and tried to get some star wars bucks
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.