[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ace Attorney
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: DD_cover_art.png (2 MB, 1377x1376) Image search: [Google]
DD_cover_art.png
2 MB, 1377x1376
Is it worth finishing this? I bought it in the summer and I'm really struggling with playing it. I'm on case 3 right now. I find the characters unbearable and Case 2 was shit. Does it get better? Also would I enjoy PL vs PW if I like the original trilogy?
>>
>>321524642
Why didn't you like case 2? I'll admit it was ridiculously easy, but it did have a great ending.
>>
Case 3 was shit because of Juniper's annoying buddies, 4 & 5 are far better.
>>
>>321524835
I disliked most of the characters; Jinxie, Mayor Tenma and Filch were just annoying characters and considering the majority of the case was spent dealing with them, I felt it dragged a lot. That said, I did think the mystery itself was good and I really loved Blackquill.
>>
>>321524642
Case 4's alright, 5 starts great but feels very rushed by the end. The bonus DLC case is okay if you haven't played it yet, has a really great ending.
>>
>>321524642
>Does it get better?
Yes, but it's not by a lot.

The last case is really mediocre. It just made me go "That's it?". I understand what they were trying to do, but they did it in a really crap way.

Looking back, 5-2 was probably one of my favorites from the game.
>>
DD is the second worse game in the series, but every Ace Attorney game is worth playing. The 4th and 5th case are decent, and the DLC case is the best if you have it.

PL VS PW is shit if you've never played a Layton game
>>
It should've been an Apollo Justice game
>>
>>321524642
>>321525184
>I really loved Blackquill.
I thought he was an annoying twat.
>Jinxie and Mayor Tenma were just annoying characters
Jinxie a cute and Mayor Tenma was pretty cool.

No idea how you'll enjoy the rest of the game since your tastes are way out of whack. Case 3 was definitely the hardest to get through, though.

Overall, it was an okay game, but rather bad as far as Ace Attorney standards go.
>>
File: sherlock home deducing.gif (30 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
sherlock home deducing.gif
30 KB, 256x192
Anyone watching the Youtube translation gather around.
What are your thoughts on DGS so far? I'm liking the overall tone and Sherlock is entertaining.
>>
>>321528451
Watched the first case. Enjoyed it immensely. Not going to watch anymore for a while because I want to believe we'll get an English release someday.
>>
>>321529278
I gave up on waiting personally.
>>
File: CykesBlackLock.png (109 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
CykesBlackLock.png
109 KB, 400x240
The DLC had the best cases, actually.
And you shouldn't have made a AA thread before finishing it though, big mistake, you are gonna get spoiled hard.

Leave this thread now if you know what's good for you.
>>
>>321529278
The first case was good and all but I disliked the padding at the end, fuck's sake it took 30 minutes for the other steak to be finally brought up when it was instantly obvious
>>
>>321529501
Now I'm curious, what happening in that pic?
>>
>>321530028
Nothing actually, that never happened in game.
It was made just to fool you, like those shitty spoilers that aren't true in movies.
>>
>>321530028
a retcon of a plot device introduced in the previous game
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.