[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets see those Smash rosters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
File: Smash 5.jpg (1 MB, 2696x2208) Image search: [Google]
Smash 5.jpg
1 MB, 2696x2208
Lets see those Smash rosters
>>
drafting one up now OP, I know for a fact it won't be popular though
>>
File: wiiusmash.jpg (427 KB, 1584x1192) Image search: [Google]
wiiusmash.jpg
427 KB, 1584x1192
pic related is what smash wii u should have been
>>
>>321523397
kek

also fuck you lyn is qt
>>
K. Rool
Rhythm Heaven rep
Minecraft Steve
>>
File: image.png (455 KB, 624x330) Image search: [Google]
image.png
455 KB, 624x330
R8 my 5
>>
>>321523789
>Jimmy T.
>no Ashley

This guy gets it
>>
File: yeblud.png (337 KB, 672x220) Image search: [Google]
yeblud.png
337 KB, 672x220
>>321523256
This roster is made under the assumption that it's for an alternate universe Smash 4, not a potential Smash 5. Here's the lowdown
>removed peasant characters like Mii/Wiifit, and some of the weebshit characters and clones
>readded Wolf, Lucas
>Sheik is replace with Impa because Sheik has scarcely been relevant since fuckin 1998 - however Impa would inherit a lot of her moves
>Tingle because fuck you he has his own game series
>Ridley, Cranky, K. Rool and Inklings speak for themselves
>Andy, Dillon and Mallo for some representation of other franchises
>Toad since he's important as shit to the Mario series, more than Rosa
>Hawlucha is just cool
>Bomberman fits Smash to a tee as a third-party addition, way moreso than Snake, Bayo or Cloud
>>
File: smash wii u.jpg (311 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
smash wii u.jpg
311 KB, 1280x720
>>321524913
Here's my alt wii u smash.
>>
>>321524913
WFT is more deserving of being in smash than half the roster you queer

more popular, relevant, 22 million sold c.ucker
>>
>>321525381
>suicune
>gengar
>inkling
>wonder red
>redley
>chibi
>capn toad
don't know who Kalas is but this is some top tier taste, bro
>>
>>321525381
>Ray mk II
>Its a picture of Ray mk III
Step it up anon
>>
>>321525520
might as well add in Angry Bird as a third-party character whilst we're at it, right?

Just because a game sold well doesn't mean it's character should be in Smash. For the most part, the old grannies playing Wii Fit aren't the same people playing Smash Bros. And most people who actually 'liked' the addition of WFT in Sm4sh before playing it, only liked her because it was le funny random character meme
>>
>>321525731
she's no more a meme character than anyone else

she is a relevant character from an extremely popular nintendo game
>>
Any questions
>>
>>321525731
Oh man, a Nintendo game relevant to Nintendo history gets in over some flavor-of-the-month character or random 3rd party?
Oh nooooo
That's
Noooooo
>>
>>321526073
She's a generic fitness instructor. By the same logic, it wouldn't be unreasonable to include Dr. Kawashima, Nintendog, Reggie Fils-Aime and Mr. Minecraft as a third-party DLC.

Again, I reiterate my earlier point - she comes from a fitness game played primarily by non-gamers. I appreciate the popularity of said "game", but the two demographics do not meet up very much. Somebody like Inkling, Chibi-Robo or Isaac would be much more appreciated by the people who actually PLAY smash bros. Nobody who watched the Wii Fit Trainer reveal went "oh my God, I've been waiting to play as her in Smash Bros for ages!". They went "oh wow, I didn't except that" or "they put in the fitness instructor from Wii Fit? Wow, le nobody saw that coming! XD XD". Thus, a meme character
>>
>>321525520
>>321525731
>>321526073
>>321526259
>>321526583
But also, whilst I'm here

It's my roster you cucks. I think Wii Fit Trainer is a shit character that doesn't belong there any more than Rosalina or Mii's. Deal with it
>>
>>321526583
then all the retro characters are meme characters who don't deserve to be in because I guess only expected characters should be in smash? that's pretty stupid

I don't think it matter two shits who you're expecting or want, it makes sense a popular and relevant nintendo character is playable in smash whether you like it or not
>>
File: 1450461540724.jpg (176 KB, 1024x755) Image search: [Google]
1450461540724.jpg
176 KB, 1024x755
>>
>>321527198
>a popular and relevant nintendo character
Not the same guy you were responding to but you keep using phrases like this. Wii Fit Trainer was never a 'popular [character]' before Sm4sh. In fact, she was never considered a character at all; she was a vague silhouette, an icon almost, in a game that happened to be popular. The game is the popular one, not the character.

Even most of the retro characters in Smash Bros. have popularity long before they're included. I knew quite a few guys who wanted Duck Hunt Dog or R.O.B. in Smash long before it happened. I'm not saying Wii Fit Trainer isn't a welcome addition but she's not really a similar situation to, say, Pit in Brawl.
>>
>>321524913
>alternate smash 4 roster
>no characters that were actually considered like Takamaru, Chrom, Heihachi, Dixie, or a Rhythm Heaven rep
>meme characters such as King K. Rool
>shit characters like Tingle

0/10 Kill yourself
>>
>>321527709
>Chrom
lol fuck off husbandofag, three FE characters is already too many
>Heihachi
Not much of a Tekken player, what can I say
>Considers K. Rool a meme character but not Rhythm Heaven dudes
lol
>shit characters like Tingle
Tingle is a fucking God

Dixie and Takamaru are cool though, so bro points for that. 2/10 post m8
>>
>>321527887
>three fe reps is already too much!
Ah a rosterfag
>>
>>321528069
No idea what a rosterfag is supposed to be but modern day FE is a shitty meme game that only got popular because of Melee and then sold their souls by adding tumblr waifu options in the 3DS titles. If we were talking old school FE characters then guys like Hector would be the shit, but then these so called 'rosterfags' would scream out MUH RELEVANCY, WHY INCLUDE SUCH A DEAD CHARACTER

Nobody wins when FE is involved. The fewer the better
>>
File: ssb5roster.png (396 KB, 576x330) Image search: [Google]
ssb5roster.png
396 KB, 576x330
no flaws to be found
>>
>>321528467
>Plusle & Minun
>Young Link AND Toon Link
Found the flaws. Excitebiker is based tho
>>
>>321527673
yeah the game was popular and WFT was a big part of the game, I get she's a mannequin and not some playable character, doesn't make her less deserving of smash than G&W or ROB, or ANY modern character from a popular game whether or not ANYBODY thought about her inclusion

22 million sales = popular no matter if you're thinking about WFT for smash or not
>>
>>321528467
>Young AND Toon Link
>No Mewtwo
>Wolf
>>321528631
What is wrong with Plusle & Minun?
>>
>>321528467
>3 Links
eh
Pretty generic roster otherwise
>>
>>321526914
>it's my game ;-)
>>
>>321528467
>cuts Lucina
>keeps Dark Shit
>>
>>321528670
A stage and a couple of items/music tracks would've done just fine

pic related was in the top 15 best-sellers on both Wii and DS iirc, but he wasn't playable, and he actually has way more character than WFT
>>
>>321528631
>not wanting a gen3 ice climber x pikachu rep
>not wanting to emphasize the different variations of Links in Zelda universe
>>
>>321528780
What's right with Plusle and Minun? They're not exactly the peak of popular Pokemon, not particularly unique, considering any mechanic they would have could probably be done by either Pikachu or Ice Climbers. The only reason they begun to show up frequently in rosters in the first place is because people thought the "pra_mai" slot in Brawl's cut character list was Plusle/Minun. Which it wasn't.
>>
>>321529209
I think the helping hand shenanigans could be pretty cool.
>>
>>321529209
Pra_mai is most likely Plusle & Minun though, what else could it be?
>>
>>321529782
Why on Earth would it be Plusle and Minun, Pra & Mai don't actually match the first syllables of their Japanese names (or at least, Mai definitely doesn't, from my limited knowledge). Also, if they were to have an Ice Climber like mechanic, then they would both be on separate slots, as Popo and Nana are. Not only that, but very few of the character names seem to have been shortened in the games code, as pra_mai is assumed to be. Even ZSS is spelled out in code as ZeroSuitSamus, iirc

Pra_Mai is also believed to translate more directly into something like "Every Player", not that I believe that either.
>>
>>321530770
The Pra_Mai slot might have been a very very early folder. When Brawl first began development, the latest Pokemon games were Ruby & Sapphire (Plusle & Minun were every where). Sakurai probably chose them as the new 3rd gen reps and replacements for Pichu with mechanics similar to the Ice Climbers, the only reason they didn't have separate folders is because they were scrapped in favor of a generation 4 pokemon (Lucario) who would have been more unique. So in all, I'll agree with you that Plusle & Minun weren't really going to be unique and that's partially why they were scrapped but if development went further into them, they would have had two files
>>
>>321531704
that may well be, and it's a decent half-baked theory. But there's nothing to really support Pra_Mai being Plusle & Minun, just like there's nothing to support it /not/ being them. Thus, the safe option is to say "it probably wasn't, but who the fuck cares".
>>
>>321531993
Fair enough
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.