[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game worth getting? Is it nearly as good as oracle of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: A-Link-Between-Worlds-Box-Art.jpg (2 MB, 1863x1697) Image search: [Google]
A-Link-Between-Worlds-Box-Art.jpg
2 MB, 1863x1697
Is this game worth getting? Is it nearly as good as oracle of seasons/ages, link's awakening, a link to the past, or ocarina of time? I mean, is it a hand holding wank fest, that just feeds mindless zombie zelda fans? Or does it deliver an interesting, challenging, worth while experience? After they came out with spirit tracks and skywards sword, I just feel like nintendo just appeals to pants shitting little kids.
>>
It's pretty damn good, it's just a shame that it's so easy.

It's the closest you can get to a classic (read: best) 2D zelda.
>>
>>321520704
I personally think its the best Zelda in years. Felt like the direct sequel to LTTP I always wanted. Other then it being too easy on the first playthrough (beating it unlocks hard mode) Its great.
>>
It's not hand holding, but it's the exact opposite of challenging. It's exactly what you imagine LttP made by Eiji Aonuma to be.

>BUT HERO MODE

isn't available until after you've already beaten the game.
>>
>is this game worth getting

i had fun

>is it like other zelda games?

it's pretty much a semi-remake of a link to the past, it even recycle some of the bosses like moldorm and the helmasaur king

>is it a hand holding wank fest

luckily not

>is it interessing or challenging

has zelda ever been interessing or challenging?

>is it as bad as the last zelda games?

no, it's good, it's not "pull your hair" good but if you liked the previous 2D zelda games there is no reason to skip this one

some people complain about the rental system (you get all your items by paying a jew bunny instead of finding them in dungeon so you basicaly start the game with all your inventory after the first 2-3 dungeon) but in the end i don't think it made that much of a difference
>>
It's alright, but there's nothing really to do besides simply going to the next dungeon.
>>
>>321520704
It's not as good as the old Handheld titles, it has a lot more handholding than those. It's not that challenging, too.
But imo it was still a better title than Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass. The temples in SS are way better.
I had fun while playing it, but i doubt i'll play it a second time. I would try to get it cheap if you don't have it.
>>
>>321520704
It's really good.
LTTP>OOT>LBW>LA>SOA
>>
It's okay. The two big problems are that it's pathetically easy and the item system. Since you can quickly make the money to rent and then later buy everything right away, and dungeons don't have anything to give you since items aren't in them anymore, there's little sense of progression or reward. Since all the dungeons are available right away, every dungeon is also based purely on a single item, which makes them even simpler than they usually are in Zelda games.
It's essentially ALttP 2 but with all of the problems modern Zelda has been suffering from for years.
>>
>>321522462
>LBW>LA
>>
>>321520925
>muh Aonuma boogeyman
A Link to the Past was easy too, try replaying it now that you have multiple Zelda games under your belt.
>>
>>321522506
Yeah, I hear about this easy difficulty and I'm not touching this steaming pile of crap. That's one of my biggest gripes with modern games, is they're too easy.
>>
>>321523221
>Implying no one has replayed LttP recently
No, it at least has some modicum of difficulty. I've actually managed to die in LttP before, which is something that never happened once in ALBW. I never even had to use a single fairy.
>>
>>321523328
>I'm such a hardcore gamer you guys

No excuse to skip a game better than most stuff nowadays just because of "muh difficulty"
>>
>>321520704
I dunno man, I didn't personally like it, it felt kinda uninspired and in my opinion shitty because of the rent items system, the traveling between worlds was cool and it had a soundtrack, but I just found it overall boring with the thieves guild thing and other dungeons

It's not a bad game, so you might enjoy it
>>
>>321524653
Make that "a good soundtrack"

https://youtu.be/rCJBI0BCIoc
>>
>>321520704
It's the worst 2d zelda yet and causes nausea
>>
The only thing that would've bumped this game from a 9/10 to a 10 is if we'd gotten a new hyrule map than the usual template (castle in center, link's house near it, village to the west etc)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.