[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it a must to play Witcher 2 to enjoy Witcher 3? I tried to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
Is it a must to play Witcher 2 to enjoy Witcher 3?
I tried to play Witcher 1 years ago but I just couldn't stand it. Some bits of the story were great but the gameplay and the fucking city killed it for me. I just wanted to play the third one with its new features and since the combat seems better than before but when I saw the "simulate Witcher 2 save" thing I had to stop.
>>
theres no need to play it.

the plot is basically a carbon copy of License to Kill, so just watch that instead and you'll be fine.
>>
>>321519705
Even with the lizard?
>>
Yes you must play it, or else you won't be able to pass the exam at the beginning of witcher 3
>>
>>321519705
>licence to kill
whats that
>>
You should at least read the story of 1 and 2. You can pick simulate a save and then get asked some questions about what happened in the first games instead of importing a save.
>>
>>321519789
WHAT I LEARNED IN THE WITCHER 2 IS
>>
>>321519852
Read it where? The Wiki?
>>
The game assumes you know who characters are and about events that happened before, but it's not like you will be unable to finish the game. More likely you will just be confused.
>>
>>321520089
Do we have to hold your hand through everything? Never heard of google?
>>
>>321520275
As far as I know the Witcher is based in some books, I am not sure if you are talking about those or just looking up shit on wiki.
Regardless, is playing the second game enough?
>>
>>321519821
this is an 18+ site anon
>>
>>321520369
the second game has a summary of the first, idiot.

no one played the first one.

heres the summary: theres a civil war brewing and you killed the grim reaper named the wild hunt.

and also you're a vampire or something
>>
The exact circumstances of Kelly's transformation are uncertain. Some affirm that Sergeant Kelly was working with Betruger and the demons since the beginning. This is substantiated by the fact that Kelly insisted in contacting Earth to bring the armada to Mars, maybe knowing that the fleet would be taken over by the demons.
>>
>>321520593
>no one played the first one.
For a good reason.
I am going to get the second one then, at least it doesn't look like a PS1 game.
>>
>>321520662
second game is the worst in the series, enjoy.
>>
>>321520654
However, a careful review of Master Sergeant Kelly's radio dialogue from the start of the invasion until the player reaches the comm tower strongly suggests he was never initially in league with Betruger. Kelly's statements and orders were concurrent with his command leadership experience, despite extremely limited intel on the opposing enemy forces. From Kelly's standpoint, he was dealing with a completely unprecedented full attack. Nothing was known about their numbers and capabilities. All that was known to him amid the confusion, was that he was quickly losing men, the units were cutoff from one another and unable to regroup or fortify their positions, and most the base was already in enemy hands. Both Kelly and Swann had reasonable justifications in their dispute; Kelly urgently needed the reinforcements in order to ensure the base's security and ordered the signal sent, while Swann disagreed on the basis off not knowing what they were up against and keeping the threat quarantined to Mars until they could understand their foe. Had Kelly and Betruger had been allies, he would have been in position to send the distress call to Earth the instant the invasion began. Furthermore, Kelly had never made a trip into Hell and would have no reason for being in league with Betruger before the invasion.
>>
File: 1450008815936.png (459 KB, 511x583) Image search: [Google]
1450008815936.png
459 KB, 511x583
>>321519705
>>
>>321520728
I doubt it considering the first one's gameplay and pacing.
>>
>>321520747
Bravo Team reached Marine HQ (before the player) where Kelly assumed they were the last combat operational fireteam. When Kelly realized the player survived, he commends him and sends him to link up with Bravo. Kelly's appearance and behavior are subtly different once the player reaches Delta Labs. His eyes appear glazed over and he seems surprised that the player is still alive. He also speaks in a somewhat cryptic tone, rather than exhibiting his usual military-mannerism. This suggests that some alteration has occurred to him by that point in the game. It should also be noted that if the player chooses not to contact the fleet back at the Communications Facility, Kelly will angrily start to order the player to send the transmission only to be inexplicably cut off. This might be the point at which Kelly was attacked and converted over to Betruger's side. Another explanation is that he might have been converted when Betruger tells the player "Your friends are with me now, and soon you will join them" in the garage of Delta Labs Sector 1, or that could be when Swann got fatally wounded by Kelly.
>>
watch these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtkeoukHgRA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UFT49qWopg
>>
>>321520797
that sounds like doom3 plot, is it?
>>
>>321520654
>>321520747
>>321520797
what are you doing
>>
>>321520884
NO listen to this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6uVeCzUhw0
>>
Here's advise for anyone trying to get into the witcher franchise.
>start with the first game
You like it? Great! Don't like the gameplay but finish it cause you like the lore and universe? Great. Don't like it and can't bring yourself to finish it for any reason? Fuck off this isn't for you.
>step 2: Read the books starting with the short stories, you'll need the knowledge to fully appreciate AoK and TWH.
Can't do it? Fuck off.
>step 3: Play the second game
>step 4: Play wild hunt
Fin
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.