[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Metal Gear Solid is this name even make sense for native
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
>Metal Gear Solid
is this name even make sense for native english speaker?
>>
Nope
>>
From what I understand, "metal gear" is a mistranslation of "artificial link ", ie as in the missing link in evolution.

Metal Gears (the mechs) are designed as a midpoint between human infantry and artillery, Snake and the other clones also fall under the broad umbrella of "Metal Gear" in-universe as they are the link between human infantry and weapons.
>>
>>321517943

>is this name

Anyway, the series is called Metal Gear, which is the name of the mechas in the series. Solid is more of a subtitle, but became it's own series like Metroid to Metroid Prime. It should make enough sense.
>>
I didn't go to video game title school. I went to films.
>>
it's put together from the weapon "Metal Gear" which was the name of the series before the first MGS on PS, and "Solid", the codename of the protagonist of the old Metal Gear games and the new MGS game

so it makes total sense
>>
>>321518318
Go to bed kojima
>>
File: 1406047561360.jpg (74 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
1406047561360.jpg
74 KB, 640x479
>>321517943
>>
File: df7.jpg (14 KB, 500x286) Image search: [Google]
df7.jpg
14 KB, 500x286
"Video games were a mistake." - Hideo Kojima
>>
>THE MISSING LINK BETWEEN HUMANS AND MACHINES
>A SORT OF, METAL GEAR, IF YOU WILL
>METAL... GEAR?
>>
>>321517943

I have no idea why the giant tank is called Metal Gear, but I heard they started using Solid in the title because it's a 3D game. So the characters are 'solid', not just flat.

But no, it doesn't really make sense.
>>
File: cba.gif (59 KB, 408x397) Image search: [Google]
cba.gif
59 KB, 408x397
>>321518230
so deep
>>
>>321518236
I saw this as well. I really really hope OP did that on purpose, it's just depressing otherwise.
>>
>>321517943

It should probably be rendered "Metal Gear: Solid" to avoid confusion.

Solid refered to that it's the 3rd game, in 3D, and references the character's code name.
>>
>>321518819
i can't into english, i don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>321518751
>I have no idea why the giant tank is called Metal Gear
maybe because it serves as a metal gear for whoever sits inside and controls it
it serves as the bridge between men and machines
>but I heard they started using Solid in the title because it's a 3D game. So the characters are 'solid', not just flat.
sure it's not just cause of Solid Snake?
>>
>>321518751
>I have no idea why the giant tank is called Metal Gear
because it's like a piece of gear made out of metal, that a human can wear and assume the role of a machine
>>
>>321517943
>metal gear solid 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
>only 1 and 4 about solid snake
>>
>>321521475
>final fantasy
>14 entries in the series
WHEN IS IT GONNA BE THE FINAL FANTASY
>>
>>321518751
>why the giant tank is called Metal Gear,
because its the link between infantary and tanks
a "metal Gear"
a tank with legs
>>
>>321517943
>is this name even make sense for native english speaker?

Does this post even make sense for the native English speaker?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.