[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Next total war game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: NextTotalWar.jpg (31 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
NextTotalWar.jpg
31 KB, 800x450
Well /v/, which game would you like to see being made into the next total war game?
>>
>>321517021
ME3 as it's the last time there is any variation in armies.

Empire 2 only if they go from Pike and Shot up to 20th century breech loading rifles.
>>
I would want Med 3 for sure, but I'm not sure if we're getting one since Warhammer TW is coming out. Do people really want empire 3? It only came out a few years ago, has good mods, a solid expansion, and fall of the samurai expanded upon it more.
>>
>>321517021
Empire 2 featuring 15-17th century
Medieval 2 still works very well, so no need to update it to shitty warscape like Rome 2
>>
>>321517021
Literally any game made with new engine
>>
>>321517161
Warhammer is being made by another team. So no game in historical is being affected.
>>
Empire 2. That time period is poorly covered by Total War because Empire still has pretty much gamebreaking handicaps (like AI that is fucking worthless) that can't be modded out and Napoleon had such small scope even though it managed to deliver a polished experience.

Plus, if they're still going to use Warscape engine, I'd argue that Fall of the Samurai is what it has worked best with thus far so gunpowder warfare would be preferable while leaving other types of combat for an engine that hopefully handles them better.
>>
>>321517161
I would only want empire because that is the only one where I would be able to play my homecountry (NL) and they could perhaps make a way larger map containing the entire world. Al though exploring the Americas in a late medieval campaign would still be preferable for me.
>>321517228
The diplomatic ai pisses me off to no end in current med2 though, alliances and shit are completely worthless.
>>
>>321517021
Empire 2.

If they keep TW3, it will suck cock and continue Empire's legacy.
If they switch to a new engine (I guess that would be TW4), it will suck cock and continue Empire's legacy.

Since there is no way for them not to fuck it up, it's an obvious choice to go for Empire 2.
>>
>>321517021
I'd take Napoleon 2 over Empire 2, britbongs can suck it.
>>
>>321517649
Limiting the map to Europe would be a shame though.
>>
>>321517021
Colonial era. Lots of powers and lots of natives and lots of colonies.
>>
I'll just play Paradox games
>>
>>321517021
Isn't Age of Charlemagne already kind of Medieval 3?
>>
File: 1440271420546.webm (145 KB, 900x726) Image search: [Google]
1440271420546.webm
145 KB, 900x726
I lost interest after Medieval 2

I don't know if it's really like this, but I felt like everything after Medieval 2 had more ranged units or melee units that could also use ranged attacks.
>>
>>321519092
Well, it's Early Medieval while Medieval 2 is High/Late Medieval and Early Modern.
>>
China 1
>>
total war three kingdoms
total war caocao
total war lu bu
>>
>>321519465
Igook pls
>>
total war viking kong quest
vikings vs africans
>>
>>321519805
You can do it in Attila already.
>>
>>321519913
o. never played anything other than shogun 2 cause i heard rome 2 and attila have gay shit or bad ai etc
>>
>>321517228
This.

Empire would be so much better with a larger scale map, more settlements (France had ONE city in empire), expanded time period from early modern/late renaissance to say late 1800's with the invention of bolt action rifles and maxim machine guns.

Also more factions outside of Europe and a world wide map with all of Asia/the Americas/Africa too
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.