[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/,When was the last time you ever bought a physical copy for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: 1348568495005.jpg (32 KB, 419x340) Image search: [Google]
1348568495005.jpg
32 KB, 419x340
/v/,When was the last time you ever bought a physical copy for a game? Just out of sheer curiosity

Piratefaggots don't need to respond. We get it.
>>
>>321513616
smash bros for 3ds. unless you count the gamecube i bought off my bro. then it was melee, double dash and metroid prime.
>>
I just bought the new Mario & Luigi today.
>>
>>321513693
caddy said it was good.
>>
PC, May
Console, November
Handheld, December
>>
and i regret it
>>
Most of what I buy is physical, though I'll probably go purely digital on PC for conveniences sake. Last was Just Cause 3 on PC (5 DVDs on lord). Before that was Tales of Zestiria and Disgaea 5 on PS4.
>>
Dead Rising 2
>>
Ps4 games i bought for x-mas were physical

For PC i guess the last physical i bought was DoW and the DLCs as soon as they came out.
>>
Bloodborne goty a week ago
>>
today
>>
3 weeks ago from buying XCX.
I would love to pirate it but I don't want to miss the online feature of the game.
>>
>>321513616
I just bought Trails of Cold Steel for vita and Omega Quintet both physical
>>
>>321513616
Jak & Daxter collection for Vita.

It cost 5€.

I buy physical games whenever it's cheaper, which is rare, but it does happen occasionally when the markets just want to get something sold.
>>
I'm a console gaymer so I always try to get the physical copy if one is available unless there's a really good deal on digital
>>
I like buying physical on consoles. On PC it's so was to get it from wherever, in console it's either their shitty web store or a physical copy that you can do what you want with
>>
Since we are talking new PC games I guess it was 2012 for WoW MoP.
I've bought some second-hand ones later on.
>>
>>321513616
Bought my Nephew Mario Maker for christmas, i don't acutally buy physical copy for myself.
>>
I bought a neat collector's edition-esque box for Axiom Verge.

Apparently it comes with a usb cartridge but i wouldn't know because im hesitant to open it.
>>
Probably Super Mario Maker some months ago.

>>321513693
I got it for Christmas physical.
Does that count?
>>
The last physical copy of a game I ever bought was Kane and Lynch 2. I paid full retail price for that pile of shit. Now I either wait til sales, buy off key sites, or just pirate.
>>
>>321513616
xenoblade chronicles x, even if the game is.. eh so far, i don't regret buying it

I buy more physical than digital because I like to have the boxes and dislike playing on PC
>>
File: 1451083927872.jpg (30 KB, 331x339) Image search: [Google]
1451083927872.jpg
30 KB, 331x339
i honestly don't remember
(i use to be console pleb , so that time i bought physical copies)
>>
>>321513616
Must have been at least 7 year ago. Fuck sake.
>>
File: njlsbnadjb.jpg (59 KB, 364x397) Image search: [Google]
njlsbnadjb.jpg
59 KB, 364x397
I'm planning on buying Trails of Cold Steel later today if Gamestop is open. Last physical game I bought was Persona 4: Dancing All Night, I think.
>>
memeland : pre-sequel
>>
Elite Beat Agents from EB games preowned for $4 last month
>>
>>321514180
I don't remember the last time I saw an EB games. They were all turned into gamestops a long time ago
>>
>>321513616
fallout 4
got a midnight release of it at best buy
too bad only 5 gigs of the install is on it :\
>>
GTA V when it came out for PC
>>
>>321514070
Oh, and I also bought Assassin's Creed 2 used at the same time.
>>
I buy my console games physical.
My PC on the other hand doesn't even have a (working) DVD drive.
>>
>>321513616
BF3 I think.
>>
>>321513616
>Piratefaggots don't need to respond
Does it count if I buy a pirated version for $4?

>inb4 download it yourself
my internet is too slow ;_;
>>
>>321514809
3rd world problems
>>
>>321513616
One day before christmas
Went out to buy 6 DS games.

Digital is cancer.
>>
6 Nov, 2015 Resident Evil Revelations 2 Box Set

Witcher 3 and GTA V I also purchased retail.

I miss big manuals, even if they do destroy the environment ;_;
>>
I always buy physical where available.

Last one was fallout 4.
>>
Age of Mythology and Splinter Cell Conviction for 1.5€ both, cheaper than their lowest online price
>>
>>321515518
Forgot to say that was like 2 years ago, and the other physical games I have are from PS2 era
>>
>BUYING
>>
>>321515978
>GAMES
>>
>>321513616
2005 gothic 2 gold, after that i got uncapped broadband internet and forgot about physical copies like a bad dream
>>
>>321515241
one game that needs 10gb of patches and other game that needs 20 gb of patches, what was the point of physical copy?
>>
Probably a few months ago when I figured I should pick up some fighting games for my library. Got the latest street fighter 4 and a weeb fighter, also afro samurai because I was interested in that years ago.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.