[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck Valve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: valve-logo.jpg (79 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
valve-logo.jpg
79 KB, 1920x1280
Let's talk about the ACTUAL worst company in the industry /v/.

No it's not EA. No it's not Ubisoft. No it's not Activision.

It's pic related.

For one reason and one reason only. Despite having BILLIONS of dollars, and only about 300 employees to spread that money to. They have NO customer support firm.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to contact them quickly in an emergency. What would have happened if yesterday shit actually went down, and steam really did get hacked?

Unlike EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Microsoft etc, there is no customer support firm. There's no live online chat, you can't call a number, there isn't even an automated support system. You have to submit a "support ticket". These are answered in hours at the very least, DAYS on average, weeks or even months at the most, and the first answer is always just a copy and pasted bullshit answer. You must then reply, and wait another few days for another answer, praying that someone that actually gives a shit will help. Sometimes they're never answered. With a userbase of tens of millions of people, this is completely unnacceptable.

What can be done to rectify this? Even after yesterday, there was no statement from valve. Just shit from a fan run twitter. Surely this is illegal. Can't they be brought to court over this? Why wont valve hire a support firm, there are plenty that aren't Indian. Hell I worked for one here in the US.

Why can't Valve be held accountable?
>>
>>321513325
From all sales numbers hints there is about the same number of PC owners who are able to pay and launch modern games as xbone owners. PC is just fucking small and so is volvo.
>>
>>321513325
>number of companies valve has bought up, gutted and then sold off: 0
>number of companies EA has done the same: fucking loads

Nope, EA is still the worse.
>>
>>321513494

https://www.vg247.com/2015/02/24/steam-has-over-125-million-active-users-8-9m-concurrent-peak/

Try the total amount of PS4, Xbone, and WII U owners times two.
>>
>>321513494
Not really an excuse. Even phone apps have custom service. Uber and Lyft will get to you within fucking minutes.
>>
>>321513560
>stole left 4 dead
>stole portal
>stole team fortress

Stealing from modders who work day and night for free and for the enjoyment of fellow players is far worse than steal from people who are retarded with their money anon
>>
>>321513643
>stole
I dont think hiring and giving life long careers to modders for their work is the same thing as 'stealing'

But I see this is obviously a bait thread so I wont even bother reading what idiotic reply you come up with next to save face.
>>
I love how they just ignore what happened and relied on outside sources to kind of inform people of what is happening to their shit
>>
>>321513593

>9 million people online at any given time

holy shit since when. I thought it was like a million.

>>321513673
>valvedrones
>>
>>321513593
it has the same sales number for all AAA games as xbone
I don't give a slightest fuck what they say about "active users" or other bullshit
there is about 10 million gaming PCs in the world right now, including russians, BR etc
deal with it
>>
>>321513717
>only people with gaming pc's play games on steam

No anon the average steam user plays minecraft and garry's mod and has a toaster.

You can literally see ten million people online at any given time.
>>
Valve isnt EA

EA bought companies and gutted their franchises and all manner of shitty business practices
>>
>paid mods
>>
all /v/ cares about are games that were "supposed to be" because /v/ doesn't buy games

they don't have a single fucking problem with shit like this in reality because none of them have a steam account with anything worthwhile.

Everyone pirates their games. Which is why the only rabid fans on /v/ are consolefags because they are FORCED to buy their games.
>>
>>321513776
I don't consider minecraft as "games"
If you count minecraft and all f2p crap as games 99% of gaming is mobile then
>>
>>321513643

>hiring modders and turning their work into full games is stealing

here's your (you).
>>
>>321513885

>minecraft isn't a game

Holy fuck you're retarded, stop moving the goalposts.
>>
>>321513325
Most of valve "issues" is just people who don't know how to use a PC and what happened earlier really wasn't valve's fault. Most support should be done through whoever created the game, not the distributor.
>>
>>321513717
Maybe PC gamers just realize that most current AAA games are trash.
We've got an abundance of smaller good games. There's no need to gobble up the next $60 title that gets released.
>>
File: 1421917462757.png (55 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1421917462757.png
55 KB, 625x626
>>321513494
>PC is just fucking small and so is volvo.
>>
>>321513973
>>321513946
>>321513891
>>321513885
>>321513879
>>321513847
>>321513784
>>321513776
>>321513717
>>321513710
>>321513683
>>321513673
>>321513643
>>321513610
>>321513593
>>321513560
>>321513494
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

THIS IS A BAIT THREAD

ANYONE WHO POSTS BEYOND THIS POINT IS RETARDED
>>
>>321513989

Volvos are fucking cool.
>>
>friend got his account hacked while he was on deployment
>they spent a fuck ton of money
>he comes back two weeks after it happened
>valve wouldnt respond to his tickets
>calls his bank and they issue a chargeback (it was like 4000 dollars)
>valve finally replies a few days after this
>they lock his account from the store and from buying anything at all "until he pays them back"
>replies to the ticket saying he wont because his account got stolen, pointed this out and posted proof
>no response from valve since then
>its been months
>he issued another chargeback for all the purchases in his account
>they give it two him
>valve bans the account

Fuck valve.

>>321513973
Most of EA, Ubisoft, Sony, Microsoft, Time Warner, Comcast etc's issues are just retards that don't fucking know anything too. It's part of being a business with millions of customers.
>>
>>321513494
Why do people keep calling valve "volvo" is this some dank new filter I'm not aware of?
>>
>>321514060
its a reddit meme
>>
>>321513998
Ah but you see, I was merely PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED
>>
>>321514060

Personally I prefer Opel.
>>
File: iiKZd8k.png (106 KB, 625x323) Image search: [Google]
iiKZd8k.png
106 KB, 625x323
pic related happens because i was accessing the account from tons of ips as i moved across the country (not my pic random one from google)
>open a support ticket
>they never reply
>open like 5 more
>they reply with automated copypasted bullshit
>they never turn off the restriction

thanks valve
>>
File: 1325037826922.jpg (13 KB, 223x224) Image search: [Google]
1325037826922.jpg
13 KB, 223x224
>people actually think Valve is remotely good
>people actually think Steam is a good idea
>>
File: fdgsagj.gif (9 KB, 173x188) Image search: [Google]
fdgsagj.gif
9 KB, 173x188
>It's OK when Valve gives away my information to strangers
>it's OK when Valve makes me pay for mods
>It's OK when Valve makes shallow multiplayer games into thinly guised cash shops
>it's OK when Valve stops making singleplayer games to chase after the latest hardware fad like trackpad controllers and VR

say it with me: It's OK when Valve does it!
>>
>>321513325
Well there are few thing why they aren't the devil.
1. They didn't go public so they can do what the fuck they want. And don't have to cash you 60$/£/€ a year for your subscription. They don't have to add ads or create any other retarded stuff to not get negative publicity or shit from owners.
2. They don't create shit games waiting to be patched
3. They don't create game monetization on model of "basic game" and triple the game price DLC on day 1
4. Yeah they fucked up on this thing but making a rol back or what ever should fix most of it. They also can notify the compromised credits or what ever so they can be changed. (not that god forsaken usa had any credit or bank security anyway)
5. they even add real security to their systems and don't drop your licences cause reasons (like ea did to my battlefield games that I didn't play for 2 years)

Why would they need to be held accountable? They decide their policy on customer support and in more than 95% of the time it's enough?
>>
>>321514485
>They decide their policy on customer support and in more than 95% of the time it's enough?

[citation needed]
>>
>>321513325
Stay salty you poor consolefags
>>
>>321514461
you can try to make people care all you want but the thousands of dollars i've invested into my account makes it so that i don't give a shit and there will be thousands of more given to them over the years
>>
>>321514485
>2. They don't create shit games waiting to be patched
>3. They don't create game monetization on model of "basic game" and triple the game price DLC on day 1

Easy when they don't create games at all.
>>
I'm glad to see so many people finally waking up to Valve's bullshit.

Valve isn't your friend, they won't look out for you, they're not out to entertain you. They want your wallet, you car, your house, your entire fucking life in their pocket.
>>
File: witnessnc.png (414 KB, 1006x606) Image search: [Google]
witnessnc.png
414 KB, 1006x606
>>321514541
"I sure do love the feeling of Gabens big fat cock up my shithole"
- You
>>
Hes just now realizing Gaben only wants your wallet.
When you make a deal with the Devil son, you are going to get burned. Not everyone gets a shiny fiddle made of gold.
>>
>>321514631
like gog.com

gog has a galaxy(drm client)-exclusive: divinity

you can't install or play divinity original sin without having gog galaxy installed

they did it behind your back

there are no friends

valve and humble store are just the lesser evil
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.