[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/, what are some good games I can get to play through during
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
/v/, what are some good games I can get to play through during this holiday? I'm on a low-spec laptop so can't run anything too intensive.

pic related - stuff already installed.
>>
>>321513185
>all that indie garbage

kill yourself, my man
>>
>>321513185
Add Risk of Rain and Assault Android Cactus, you can probably also run the grimrocks
>>
>>321513308
tyty. forgot about risk of rain.
>>
Hexodius
Hero Siege
Double Dragon Neon

I'm curious as well on this for low spec games.
>>
File: 20070517_pathologic-executor.jpg (138 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
20070517_pathologic-executor.jpg
138 KB, 1024x768
>>321513185
I've heard good things about Renowned Explorers: International society if you are into that kind of stuff. Supposedly a bit like FTL, which seems like another logical choices for somebody who enjoys things like Rogue Legacy.
There is always a huge backlog of good older games if you want something trusted with low requirements. But that would need you telling us what kind of games you enjoyed so far, because, there are simply too many great older games to just list.

If you want new, low req, among indies Grimrock is definitely worth giving a try.

And if you are feeling really cocky, you can always try Pathologic. That is a game that can consume your holidays easily.
>>
>>321513185
>he plays games on Ubuntu
>>
Life Force (NES) on emulator...
There is also.... Banished Kero Blaster Pac Man Championship Edition Sonic CD 100% Orange Juice Bit.Trip Runner and Dustforce
>>
>>321513530
ty man i'll check those out.

>>321513615
Renowned looks very interesting so probably going to get that. I'll have to take a gander at Grimrock too seeing as it's been recommended twice. I'm unsure I'll be able to run Pathologic but I'll give it a go.

>>321513652
That's because Windows runs like shit on this laptop.
>>
It's really isn't that low spec considering civ5 and others. Run snes and gba emu, also you'll probably handle psx and n64 too. Indie garbage is garbage, you'll come to the same conclusion after some playtime.
>>
>>321513185
Gothic Universe Edition. It's only 4 bucks. It's 5 bucks with Arcania, but people think it's a piece of shit so you might as well skip it and save that dollar.
>>
>>321513996
>I'm unsure I'll be able to run Pathologic but I'll give it a go.
Then don't. You can try it and look around to see how things work, but if you have to ask whether you can do it, you can't. That game is brutal.
>>
>>321513996
>I'm unsure I'll be able to run Pathologic but I'll give it a go.
Pathologic is a ten years old game. It got remastered recently, HD textures and shit, but the requirements are still very low.
It's a rather "hardcore" game though. Probably the most deserving of the label "art" I've ever seen in a game - it's incredibly clever, one of the best if not the best narrative ever featured in a game, but it's mechanically very clunky and very slow paced. And hard.
>>
>>321513870
Nice recommendations, big fan of the Bit.Trip games but not played them as much as I should have.

>>321514002
i3-4010U 1.70ghz, 4gig, Mobile Graphics. Specs alright but performance in games is less than desirable. Civ only just runs. Only reason I play so many indies is because they're always relatively easy to run. Didn't even think about emus. Good idea.

>>321514105
I don't think that one runs on Ubuntu. :(
>>
>>321514326
Bit.Trip Runner and Runner 2 are by far the best Bit.Trip games, put the rest to shame
>>
>>321514258
>>321514283
Sounds good to me! I love a challenge. Although after a search it doesn't appear to run on Ubuntu :( I'll have to check it out when I return home.
>>
>>321514504
>Although after a search it doesn't appear to run on Ubuntu
Oh, I actually missed that part of the requirement. Yeah, there isn't a Linux version as far as I know. The remake that is supposed to come out in a year or so should, but the original (re-release) does not to the best of my knowledge. Sorry about that.
>>
>>321514621
Not your fault, I should have stated in my original post. I'm looking forward to trying it out though, I've never heard of it before prior to this thread. Looks awesome.
>>
>>321515062
It has a small but pretty devout following, even around here. There were some really useful macros containing starting tips and stuff made for people who are new to the game (there is a bunch of stuff that is either confusing, or poorly communicated by the game, especially in the beggining), so if you ever get around to it, try making a thread here - it will probably take a bump or two, but there is almost always at least one person who immediately jumps in - Pathologic fanboys are always incredibly eager to recommend/help invite more people to the game. The "cult" in the "cult following" isn't entirely misplaced.
>>
>>321515252
Well, that's pretty cool. Cheers man, I'll be sure to make a thread when I get it then. Once I've played around on it first. Nice to know how helpful people will be for it. :)
>>
>>321515062
Actually, I found something for you.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/384110

Guidelines to how to run Pathologic on Linux. Don't worry about it being in Russian, there is an english translation if you just scroll down a little.
It does require some third party software, which I'm not sure if you are OK with.

And here are some starter tips, somebody transcribed it to Pathologic community.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/384110
>>
>>321515516
Your links didn't work properly :(
>>
>>321515746
Second try:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=544052630
For the linux guide,

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=544174671
For beginers tips (spoiler free).

If these don't work, just look up the community page of Pathologic on Steam, they are there on the front page. Guide (spoiler free) is close to the top, the Linux guide labeled (Mop и Linux | Pathologic & Linux) is a bit further down.
>>
>>321515996

Cool, thanks dude. That second post is particularly helpful. :) I'll have to sort out my xpadder to run it with a gamepad.
>>
>>321513615
>Pathologic
Pure surreal shit.
>>
>>321513253
>Grim Fandango
>Transistor
>Bastion
>Civ V
>Garbage
Instead of calling you a faggot, those are probably the only good games you can get on linux.
>>
I can't even log into steam anymore. It just tells me my login data is false. And when I want to get help they say there was a problem with the servers.

Fuck valve, goddamn
>>
>>321513185
You've got good taste imo.

Give 'The Banner Saga' a try.
-It's turn-based strategy
-Choices have consequences
-Feels like adult Disney

If your looking for a challenging top-down action adventurer there's
>Jotun
>Titan Souls

If you big into Metroidvania's like me you'll love >Axiom Verge
>Environmental Station Alpha

If you'r into weird shit, here's the wildcard
>LISA

You might be able to run TES IV: Oblivion? That's a great time-sink you can get lost in for weeks.
>>
>>321517436
>Pure surreal shit.
It's actually not surreal at all. The Void is surreal. Pathologic is pure magical realism shit. It's lot like Kafka, and not at all like Dali.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.