[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I going to regret starting a marathon of the entire main Ultima
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: UltimaIII-NES-box(J).jpg (241 KB, 1060x731) Image search: [Google]
UltimaIII-NES-box(J).jpg
241 KB, 1060x731
Am I going to regret starting a marathon of the entire main Ultima games? I've got all of them on GOG, and I'm ready to start up Ultima I.

I've never played a single one before.
>>
>>321510171
You'll need a guide.
It's near impossible to get through 1 without one, due to the game failing to tell you some things.

If you stick to the games and ignore 9, you're going to have a blast, especially 4 as it's, in my opinion, the best RPG ever made. Good luck, Anon.
>>
File: NPOCTOKBAWNHO.png (189 KB, 705x632) Image search: [Google]
NPOCTOKBAWNHO.png
189 KB, 705x632
>>321510307
I've never heard of Ultima IX, anon. Maybe you're dreaming.

I have a guide for Ultima I because I tried playing it blind a little while ago and just couldn't. I started reading the guide and had my mind absolutely blown when I read I needed to go buy a literal space ship.

As a UO vet that never played the main series, my mind was full of fuck.
>>
>>321510307
>ignore 9
8 is already pretty bad.
>>
>>321510519
But Serpent of the Isle is pretty good.
>>
i played through all the ultima games and spinoffs within the past 2 years for the first time. really great and ambitious series and it was cool to see how each game progressed (not counting 8 and 9)
my favorites were:
underworld, 7, 6, 5 and savage empire.
8 and 9 are definitely skipable
>>
>>321510638
I meant Serpent Isle, it has been a while.
>>
>>321510519
There are some fan mods/patches that make the gameplay pretty tolerable and the writing is still alright. It's not the absolute un-salvageable shitshow Ascension is.

But yeah it's still pretty bad.
>>
File: richardgarriottfire-sms-1208.jpg (20 KB, 425x268) Image search: [Google]
richardgarriottfire-sms-1208.jpg
20 KB, 425x268
>>321510659
I at least intend to try Pagan, that and VII are the only ones I've played but not for very much. I remember finding Pagan clunky and weird, and enjoying VII much more.

VII seems like the magnum opus of the series to me, for sure.
>>
4 and 5 are incredible and definitely the biggest triumph of the series.

7 has incredible ambition and I respect the hell out of it.

Akalabeth is pretty funny.
>>
File: ultima so much ultima.png (978 KB, 1373x953) Image search: [Google]
ultima so much ultima.png
978 KB, 1373x953
Ultima has taken over my GOG library.
>>
>>321512836
>No Savage Empire or Martian Dreams
Step up senpai
>>
File: savage martians.png (373 KB, 669x462) Image search: [Google]
savage martians.png
373 KB, 669x462
>>321513341
They're there just hidden.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.