[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the verdict, /v/? Do I switch to ToS or do I leave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9
What's the verdict, /v/? Do I switch to ToS or do I leave RO installed?
>>
>>321508661
where thef uck are hern ipples?
>>
Stick with RO. ToS took everything that made RO good or unique and threw it away as it strives to be another forgettable casual theme park.
>>
File: 1370273677538.jpg (212 KB, 526x578) Image search: [Google]
1370273677538.jpg
212 KB, 526x578
>>321508661
>implement action gameplay
>implement classes with awesome abilities
>nerf abilities into the ground
>remove any synch between abilities cause they are too op
>don't replace the removed content by new content
>game is an empty grindfest now

They literally removed what made the game fun instead of improving on it.
Tfw it'll only get worse over time.

Don't get me wrong. RO was grindy as FUCK and I absolutely loved the game, which was because the game did an incredible job at making the grinding
1. fun as heck
2. be meaningful
In tos you just grind for the hell of it. There's no reason to or not to, you just do it cause it's the only thing there is to do. The mechanics that you can exploit through teaming up with others is meaningless.
The only thing that matters is that you team up at all. Doesn't matter which class with which. Just important that you team up. Always good to mix healer + tank + DD, but that's about all the comboing you will be doing in tos.
>>
I spent a week during beta stressing out over my character build, so much so that I couldn't even enjoy the game, only to find out at level 60 something that my build was completely worthless due to a single hidden variable with 1 stat that I didn't think of, and immediately stopped caring, never touching the game again for the remainder of the month long beta.

There is such a thing as too much freedom in character customization and Tree of Savior hits that point and then some. I guess there's a reason why WoW dumbed down talent trees so hard. I don't blame them at all.
>>
>>321511881
I remember grinding being the only thing there is to do in RO too.
>>
File: 1450700381551.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1450700381551.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>321508661

Did you keep playing the /tos/ beta until the server died?
>>
>>321512391
You fucking idiot, ToS barely gives you any actual freedom at all. Stat allocation is near pointless due to how little each point actually affects anything, and since skills are all based on static numbers instead of being influenced by your stats they're all immediately obsoleted by your next class' skills which are most of the time just the same things but better.

>>321512405
The difference is that RO gave you freedom in where to grind, and reasons to grind other than just for the sake of EXP, which are two things that ToS lacks.
>>
File: hurrrrr.jpg (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
hurrrrr.jpg
62 KB, 500x500
>>321512405
i know man. I already pointed that out.

feel free to say why you think tos grinding is fun.

I personally don't feel it.
>>
>>321511649
is there still WoE and guilds?

Haven't played the beta because korean accounts but if it has that it's at least worth a try. Just want to try out the archer class a little

I watched a stream where a mage just put a fire orb on the ground that all enemies blindly ran into which killed everything... didn't look that interesting
>>
So when is the next test wave or is it still going on? Thought they finished it for now?
>>
File: V9u45gJ.gif (2 MB, 369x312) Image search: [Google]
V9u45gJ.gif
2 MB, 369x312
>>321513225
they didnt introduce guilds yet.

you have to pick swordy/templar class to create a guild.

nothing close to woe has been announced.
>>
>>321508661
>Do I switch to ToS or do I leave RO installed?

Neither you dumb fuck. ToS is shit. I tried beta and it was boring. RO is also boring as fuck and long since outdated by many other mmo with way better battle systems, why are you still even playing that dinosaur?
>>
>>321513342
there's going to be an international beta soon I guess?
>>
File: TOS_classesnew.jpg (84 KB, 800x588) Image search: [Google]
TOS_classesnew.jpg
84 KB, 800x588
Will Dragoon give my Hoplite (3) meaning?
>>
>>321513385
well, that's just too bad

I also read they went apeshit with real money and removed player to player trading? Or did they already remove that again
>>
>>321513761
>Melee class
>meaning in a stunlockfest pvp

u dont need a new class to give hoplite meaning in pve as damage dealer/tank.
>>
>>321513927

They plan to turn the game into a freemium model if that's what you mean.

But officially "nothing is set yet".
Basically what this means is that they are currently thinking about what will squeeze out more money for them: P2W cash shop or freemium.
>>
>>321508661
The game is a complete mess of bad game design and poor coding but it's oddly fun once you hit like rank 3 or 4.
>>
File: costumes.png (4 MB, 2166x2222) Image search: [Google]
costumes.png
4 MB, 2166x2222
new datamined costumes and/or classes
>>
File: ToS_Honeypin.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ToS_Honeypin.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>321514557
>>321513761

These pictures sum up the game nicely.

The game is nothing but a customization party for fashion freaks who design their waifus and husbandos in-game and then strike le funny pose at some spot where they afk all day.

It's Mabinogi but without the combat system.
>>
>>321514557

>Lancer

please tell me its different from Dragoon
>>
>>321514557
>Luchador
Thats a class I wasnt expecting to see added.
>>
>>321514830
So it's RO lite?
>>
File: ww.png (132 KB, 379x225) Image search: [Google]
ww.png
132 KB, 379x225
>>321515158
More like a Latte macchiato RO without sugar and milk.

The perfect game for wallet warriors.
>>
how do I get into the beta for this? is it any easier nowadays? is it even officially english now or is it fan translation patches?
>>
>>321515652
iirc you had to pay 10 bucks to a korean guy to give you a nexon account, with which you could log in, but the beta is over for now
>>
>>321515652
no beta anymore sadly.

got roughly 50 bucks for each key i sold.
dat community. too gud
>>
>>321514830
>tfw not even afking in Mabinogi is somehow fun anymore
>>
>>321513453

Because it's fun and active.
>>
Game has way too many problems right now but it's not going to be given the time needed to fix them.

The game is incredibly buggy with several game breaking bugs still in existence.
The balance is abysmal to the point it'd be quicker and easier to scrap every class and start again.
Content is lacking and linear and the developers solution to this has not been to fix it but to ignore it and act like the game has lots of stuff to do.
The grind isn't particularly long or hard, it's just so fucking dull that even Koreans are openly botting in the fucking Korean open beta.

If they had another year or twos worth of development time, they could make something good out of it. But they're planning to release the game in a few months and it'll be in a sorry state when they do.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.