[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it normal to sink hundreds of hours into RTS games but never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 84724895435.jpg (43 KB, 348x298) Image search: [Google]
84724895435.jpg
43 KB, 348x298
Is it normal to sink hundreds of hours into RTS games but never touch the multiplayer?
>>
I wouldnt know what to do for hundreds of hours.
Like, clearing the campaigns and dicking around with bots for a bit definitely doesnt add up to that much.
>>
I did that with Brood War and WC3 when I didn't have internet so yes
>>
I have at least 80+ hours into most of the Total War games. Probably 300+ on Medieval 2.

Too anxious to play MP
>>
When you say hundreds of hours do you mean across the entire genre, or just one RTS game specifically?

How do you even do "single player" for that long if you mean one game?

Or do you mean "single player" as in, you play bots online?
>>
Yes.

Millions of people played Starcraft and C&C without ever playing online.

A long long time ago I played Dune II and the C&C games for years on my PC because it was all I had, offline.
>>
I've played a lot of Warcraft and age of empires by myself or sometimes with a RL friend but we only fight bots cus we suck
>>
as a retarded baby teen I spent like, prob 60 hours on the age of empires I demo.

it's like two maps.
>>
>>321503431
Does it actually matter if it's normal or not if you're enjoying the time you spend?
>>
>>321503431
Is it normal to want to fuck that frog
>>
>>321503576

I like RTS games. Played a shitton out of the obvious ones.

Like I said, never played multiplayer except for that one time I stomped my neighbour on Brood War over a modem, but I knew that was a sure win
>>
Absolutely. I've spent dozens of hours on single missions in AoE2 simply because I want to expand my base to cover the entire map. I love how in Dark Crusade's campaign all buildings you make are retained for future defence missions on all maps so I end up taking over every single strategic point and relic I can with bases and defences everywhere.
>>
File: 1354684929461.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1354684929461.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
I do that all the time.
With most RTS I'll play tons of skirmish/custom games before I even touch the campaign.
>>
File: 1451033464148.jpg (174 KB, 900x630) Image search: [Google]
1451033464148.jpg
174 KB, 900x630
What game?

Age of Empires 1 and 2

I just can't deal with people trying to destroy my comfy town
>>
File: 2812722145.jpg (34 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
2812722145.jpg
34 KB, 500x494
>>321503839
>tfw supcom forged alliance campaign missions let you build as much as you want without consequences as long as you don't complete the first objective
>steamroll the entire map
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.