[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is undertale cancer slowly leaking into everything? I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: lQf7Anch.jpg (128 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
lQf7Anch.jpg
128 KB, 1024x576
Why is undertale cancer slowly leaking into everything? I just bought splatoon for my daughter for christmas, but so far I'm the one who's been playing a shitload of it. Anyway, no matter what there are always like 3-4 undertale posts in the plaza, what the fuck is this shit? I like seeing people's art and all, but not when it has literally nothing to do with the game itself. Why do tumblrmeme fans think this is an acceptable practice?
>>
It's called pop culture.
>>
This just in: Undertale has an obnoxious fanbase.
>>
>why is popular thing being talked about?
u srs m8
>>
File: 1427599109800s.jpg (3 KB, 125x113) Image search: [Google]
1427599109800s.jpg
3 KB, 125x113
>Hates Tumblrmeme fags for posting Undertale everywhere.
>Posts Undertale content on /v/
This fad could have died out during september if you fucks didn't keep shitposting about it.
>>
>>321502605
This desu

OP you're only perpetuating it and giving it power
>>
>>321502451
Undertalefags are generally obnoxious and stick their grubby fingers into anything they can reach. This is not news.
>>
>>321502685
>>321502605
I honestly don't mean to contribute to its popularity. I was just surprised and annoyed by how prevalent this shit is in the game.
>>
>>321502852
It just gets hard to differentiate the legitimate threads from the shitpost threads that get put up every 30 fucking minutes.
>>
>>321502605
>>321502685
Only popular because /v/ can't stop hate-wanking over it? Does that make Undertale the Anita Sarkeesian of video games?
>>
>>321503093
Are you going to post another thread about it if we say yes?
>>
>>321503093
Well, it's popular on tumblr, so probably.
>>
>>321502451
Good lord thats ugly
>>
>>321502451
>Complaining about undertale leaking
>Didn't complain about squids leaking

Are you, by chance, Autistic friend?
>>
How did undertale even get so popular? It's a decent game with a couple of good memes, but it's nothing life changing.
>>
>>321503352
>Undertale gains a following on /v/ that fluctuates from kickstarter to release.
>People on /v/ play it and some people think it's kinda good.
>Everyone else picks it up by around 1 month's time.
>/v/ immediately does a 180 and despises the game because it's "Tumblr/reddit/youtuber shit"
>Shitposters then decide to make threads daily on /v/.
To simply put it, it's a mixture of the fanbases fault for spreading it around so much and /v/'s fault for whining about it every 10 minutes.
>>
>>321503352
OP basically.

It was a fairly amusing game that some people thought good enough 'shill for free'.
Then buttblasted anons like OP started crying about it in every thread, even threads that had nothing to do with Undertale - this actually did far more for the game than anyone else, since most anons will see a buttblasted anon as exactly that and typically ignore their recommendations.

Like normal, it was the people who hated it that advertised it the most and unlike most advertisements, due to the nature of /v/ itself people will have purhcased it simply due to it's rectumernovating power.
>>
>>321503636
Undertale to /v/ is what Scott Pilgrim is to /co/
Greatly appreciated until it got mainstream
>>
>>321502451
>for my daughter
you're not fooling anyone
>>
>>321503636
>Everyone else picks it up by around 1 month's time.
>/v/ immediately does a 180 and despises the game because it's "Tumblr/reddit/youtuber shit"
>1 month
Try somewhere between one and two weeks. The turnaround time on this one was astounding.
>>
>>321504491
Eh, I guess when I saw it, it was at the 1 month mark when I saw plenty of threads of people hating on this game.
>>
>>321503352
Youtubers, furrys, tumblrfaggots, and manchildren all helped make it as popular as it is today.
Was it INTENTIONALLY trying to appeal to these people? Maybe, maybe not, but regardless that is why it got popular.
>>
Someone post the Undertale fanart where they're all black.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.