[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Agro one enemy >5 (FIVE) fucking faggots from the other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4
File: wasteofmoney.jpg (493 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
wasteofmoney.jpg
493 KB, 1920x1200
>Agro one enemy
>5 (FIVE) fucking faggots from the other side of the room follow

What the fuck is this? I cant Isolate any of these shitheads when they immediately follow and attack relentlessly together.

Am I supposed to just die again and again until they stop respawning? I'm quite proficient at Souls games, having beaten DeS and DaS and trying Bloodborne out was easy compared to the other games because of how fast paced and rewarding it is, but DaS II is just unbelievable difficult for me. It's punishing any tactic I've used in the past Souls games over and over again due to not having any control over any fight I pick.

I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this game when it first came out.
>>
>>321498792
Are you playing vanilla or sotfs?
What area?
>>
>>321498792
>not going by the concept of divide and conquer
Find the weakest cunt in the room, knock him out first and work your way through. Despite being the chosen one he can and will get his shit kicked by some lame ass hollow and his bum buddies if you are not playing this smartly.
>>
>>321498792
II had horrible design, you're late to the club.
>>
>>321498792
Its actually poor enemy placement. On the whole DS2 was far easier than the other titles though the series isn't all that hard to begin with
>>
>>321498792
it's a terrible game
>>
>>321500014
I personally disagree.
Maybe it seemed easier for you just because it wasn't your first game and you had experience with previous Souls titles.
>>
>>321500014
It really isn't all that difficult, but tackling crowds with a dinky sword and my mid-roll being trumped by the overwhelming attack patterns of these scrubs is quite tedious.

If all else fails, I'm just going to suicide rush my way to the boss.
>>
They have a shit ton of poise too
>>
>>321499064
He's not gonna say which area because that scenario never happened to him.
>>
>>321500202
Figures.
>>
>>321500202
This, just bait thread
>>
>>321500202
I'm near the very beginning of the game just past the bonfire in the forest of the fallen giants. I went through a gate that locked itself after I went in and quickly got destroyed by the multiple enemies that spawned out of the room.

I'm not a shitty troll making an anti-DaS II thread. I'm genuinely trying to enjoy it, but I just can't seem to crack the formula of this game compared to the past entries in the series.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
Only area I can think of SotFS is the room with before the mirror knight boss
But you can pull them 1 by 1 if you run away
>>
>>321500142

hehe it was my first one because it came out around the time I was sort of interested in the series.

But could be a subjective thing. I think it comes down to how the player can handle the over crowded rooms and hallways.

Certainly had the easiest NG+ out of all the titles from my experience.

>>321500169

Tedious is kind of the perfect way to put it. That coupled with cheap deaths really brings the experience down.
>>
>>321500432
Enemies in the early game, hell most of the enemies in the entire game, have like 0 poise. R1 spam with a weapon with wide swings can carry you through situations like this.
>>
>>321500537
>Certainly had the easiest NG+ out of all the titles from my experience.
Now that's just can't be true.
NG+ is massively easier in DS1 because you start with endgame equipment.
In DS2 NG+ at least adds some fat red phantoms here and there.
>>
>>321500432
Oh yeah. That was an ambush Pate should have told you about.

Initially, you should have tried to isolate the enemies in the doorway to fight them 1 on 1, but since the gate should now be closed, to get to them you have to climb the ladder near the weird tree.

The best way to fight multiple enemy encounters in this game is to bait their attacks. When they get into their attack animations, they are locked in it for a certain amount of time and they have a maximum range with those attacks. What you do then is use that opportunity when out of their attack ranges to kill other enemies. When they come in packs, they will mostly all attack at the same time, so they will all lock themselves at the same time. Pick on the closest enemy then.
>>
>>321500432
Oh that
Look for a different way its a bit too early for you to go there if its near the beginning.
Usually when I engage a big group, I don't use focus target and get a big weapon that does a nice horizontal strike and cleave away.
>>
>>321498792

Dark Souls 2 is still a better game than The Phantom Pain ever could be.

Period.
>>
>play dark souls 2 blind on release
>finish the game, time to check the internet for comments and stuff i missed
>see all these people complaining about mobs and shit

its like people forgot how to crowd control, the bastard sword carried me for like 80% of the game with its wide swings, there also those big ass fireballs from pyromancy, etc
>>
>>321498792
I personally had a harder time in DS2 over DS1 because of the goddamn poise system and getting mobfucked to death regularly. I eventually got used to the way the system worked and became strong enough to one or two-shot enemies, so it stopped being so difficult, but it was a longer process than DS1 and DeS and more annoying.
Haven't tried Bloodborne yet, but there are certain parts where it looks like nothing but aggravating mob rushes, which I absolutely hate.
>>
File: 1412205828701.png (164 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1412205828701.png
164 KB, 1024x768
>pre-patch Amana
>>
>>321500975
>standing still
>>
>>321500014

>Though the series isn't hard to begin with.

I'll be blunt.

I can't be fucking bothered to do the back half of Dark Souls 1.

I've done the DLC, I've beaten Manus and Knight Artorias, but when I get to that Duke's Archives and beyond, I just lose interest and hope.

I could -easily- shit on the last boss of the normal game, if I can take on Artorias. Don't really feel like dealing with that AREA design for that and Lost Izalith. My god. Awful.

Otherwise your points are valid. Good show.
>>
>>321500646

I don't know, DeS NG+ always seem to trip me up, I guess because I put it down for extended periods of time or wgatever, where DS2 I just a much simpler game in terms of predictable enemies and bosses.

Thats just me though, DeS probably does have the much easier NG+ and I'm a retard
>>
Not even the worst.

>aggro an enemy
>some enemies FAR BEHIND YOU jump out of nowhere and walk up behind you

good game design, B-team
>>
>>321500432
Use a spear. It'll last you all the way to end game.
>>
>>321500905
>which I absolutely hate.
DS3 is going to be an awful time for you.
>>
>in lost bastille
>beat the fire fuckers easy peasy
>damn easy area after the fuckin wharf of shit
>get to the lil knights
>get the first three easy
>shoot one in the building
>every knight in the area rushes out from all 3 floors of the building
>swarmed by them
>die
really the only thing that got my goat
>>
>>321501176
Outside of the first ambush area in FotFG right before all the ''dead'' bodies with the axe guy dropping from the rock with the 10 throwing knifes, who could follow you while you're trying to climb the ladder to kill the soldier throwing bombs at you, I don't remember that ever happening to me.
>>
>>321501341
Those soldiers are divided in 4 groups of 2-3 if I remember, so it's possible to pull them carefully.

Otherwise, if you just want to skip them completely, you can just sprint down the stairs, roll to the right of the soldier near the ladder, climb it and sprint to the boss without any problem.
>>
>>321501596
That's what I ended up doing
(except on my first playthrough where i skipped that boss)
>>
>>321501596
>>321501341
A lot of people miss the fact that you can actually jump down from the square platform before the room with the guards back to the ramparts.
They follow you one by one and you can easily dispatch them all. Or you can make another lap if needed.
>>
>>321501770
I don't like that little platform. Because of the broken piece of wall in front of it, it's VERY easy to fall to your death accidentally.
>>
>>321500975
>invading pre-patch amana
>>
File: 1432444959559.gif (291 KB, 400x293) Image search: [Google]
1432444959559.gif
291 KB, 400x293
>mfw all those Alonne Knights before Smelter Demon

That was a bit frustrating.
>>
>>321501872
That broken wall is exactly what makes it possible to disengage if you're overwhelmed.
>>
>100%'d Dark Souls, Dark Souls II and Bloodborne
>pop in SotFS
>constantly die
Jesus Christ, I don't remember the enemy placement being this fucking obnoxious.
>>
>>321502072
Only in SotFS. In vanilla it was one of the best designed levels.
Now it forces you to go between two archers, unless you cheese them with a bow and arrow of your own. And it drops a few more knights behind you, which you can't possibly pull one by one prior to that, since they're hidden, and only come out when you trigger a script.
>>
>>321501341
That place was so fucking annoying. Ended up using tight hallways and thrusting attacks to take the fuckers out.

Enemies swarming is definitely a problem in this game. Sometimes it's just unfair so I ended up cheesing tons of enemies with bow.
>>
>>321502072
There's a way to run past all of them in SotFS, but it doesn't work 100% of the time and you have to be on point with your sprint and rolls.
>>
>>321502230
>And it drops a few more knights behind you, which you can't possibly pull one by one prior to that, since they're hidden, and only come out when you trigger a script.
The knights come 1 by 1 when you go right before the beginning of the bridge from the platform right above the Alonne Captain archer with the Life Ring +1. There should be 3 of them coming, and there is also a knight near the lever to lower the bridge, so that makes it 4 (ignoring the knight you have to kill right at the entrance to the big archer area) that you can kill 1v1. You have about 10 seconds between each knight to kill it before the other one comes.
>>
>>321501435
Brume tower DLC, after the room with the buffed big guy and bunch of other enemies.
A sorcerer quite literally appears a long way behind you out thin air.

There were a bunch of other areas too where a hollow comrs up behind you.
>>
>>321502492
They've dropped down one after another almost immediately when I played it.
Even then, 10 seconds are just in theory, but you still have two captains shooting at you.
>>
>>321499064
Alright, I might be late to the fucking party here, but why does it matter if it's SotFS?
>>
>>321502736
> but why does it matter if it's SotFS?
They've reshuffled enemy placement in a lot of areas.
For starters, there's a fucking drake on the platform just before Ornstein.
>>
>new game
>pick deprived
>the starter garb is still in my inventory, albeit not equipped

come to think of it, that entire intro is a giant swing and miss
>>
>>321503005
You just had sex with the firekeepers.
>>
>>321502684
Oh, you're talking about the second pack of ambushing knights that drop from the Pharros pool of water? Yeah, those guys you have more like 5 seconds.

>>321502659
>Brume tower DLC, after the room with the buffed big guy and bunch of other enemies.
>A sorcerer quite literally appears a long way behind you out thin air.

I'm not exactly sure which room you're talking about. The sorcerers pop for the first time when you're on that snowy(ash) cliff and there's no buffing guy there. They also pop in the corridors to the path to the Scorching Iron Scepter, and there should be one who only appears close to a bull head, but nobody should be following you, nor is there any other buffed guy. I don't think there's any buffing in the Iron Passage too.
>>
>>321503089
>The sorcerers pop for the first time when you're on that snowy(ash) cliff and there's no buffing guy there.
There is one in the room just before that cliff.
>>
>>321503240
A sorcerer or a buffing Nadalia? Or are you talking about those phantom dudes?

I know that if you go a bit further on the cliff, there's going to be an ambush of 2 guys in front and behind you popping up from the snow.

But if you're talking about those lightning sorcerers, I seriously don't remember any before that cliff. Not even in that room where you push the guys holding the barrels at the bottom to shoot them with fire arrows when they get close to the enemies.
>>
>>321502816
>Ornstein
The game was so shit I totally forgot Ornstein was in DS2.
>>
>>321503089
That first cliff, actually.
There's a sorcerer that jumps out of the snow on that thin path when you engage the sorcerers by the pillars.

The spawning sorc could've been a normal soldier too, it's been a while
>>
>>321498792
People will shitpost at me. Many will laugh and a few might even try to argue with me.

Here's the truth: You're bad at the game and you're blaming it for your shortcomings. The game gives you myriad options for dealing with that sort of situation. Literally _______git gud.___________
>>
>>321503721
>The spawning sorc could've been a normal soldier too, it's been a while
I think it's a normal soldier, because I know that there is an ambush popping when you move a bit further into the cliff, a few meters before the first soldier blocking the path. Since I know that, what I do normally is bait the ambush and run back behind that pile of snow(ash) to hide from the sorcerers while dealing with those soldiers.
>>
>>321503853
>People will shitpost at me.
>>
>>321503874
Yeah, that's it. I ended up doing the same thing.

One of the best examples of terrible level design that I remember
>>
>>321503853
you're right, because the game is terrible and retarded fags like you will defend it. the one thing the souls series had going for it was design, and DSII threw it all out the window.
>>
>Iron Keep
>can't take two steps without at least 2 samurai rushing you
>>
>>321504525
It's the allusion to the rotten western world borrowing honorable nipponese bushido traditions and corrupting them.
>>
File: R3FJq.png (300 KB, 500x331) Image search: [Google]
R3FJq.png
300 KB, 500x331
>>321498792
if you're playing scholar of the first sin, then the enemy placement is shit in that game.
i remember heide's tower of flame after you beat the dragonRIDER first and go and try to fight the dragonSLAYER after, its a fucking nightmare with all of the white heide knights that spawn.
Had to call in two other people to get through it.
>>
>>321501240
Fuck you faggot
>>
>>321504405
Here comes the selective memory brigade. Forgiving and forgetting the sins of the father.
>>
>>321505150
>Forgiving and forgetting the sins of the father.
played over 1k hours over PC and console and DSII was a huge letdown, there's no omission here. DSII chose to overwhelm the player with a ton of enemies at every turn rather than have some interesting level design. it happened more times than I can count.
>>
>>321505490
Right, because the same shit didn't happen, and never happen in DaS.
>>
>>321501240
Spears are good for this i beat the game + dlcs with pates spear
>>
>>321506584
no, it really didn't, not to the same frequency, nor degree that DSII had.
>>
>>321506952
>spears
>when lances exist

what are you doing
>>
>>321507220
Yeah right, lets pretend that once you get out of fire shrine and go to through the ledge and encounter 3 undead with another 1 throwing a fire bomb on top of you.

>and all those at least a pair of spear undead with a crossbow undead
>the bridge with 3 firebomb undead
>that tight room with undead with ambushes

Go on, boot your game and see for youself.
>>
>>321501176

>I have no situational awareness: the post
Get good. Ambushes and mob aggros are nothing new.
>>
>>321508075

Don't bother. Even if you point out every instance of multi-enemy encounters, they'll just make up some shit about how Royal Soldiers and Syan Knights are somehow tougher than bonewheels.
>>
>>321501010
>not quiting to menu every time you get knocked into a hole in bed of chaos
I stopped playing dark souls for the first time thanks to that fuck, but now it only takes me 10 minutes max
>>
>>321508907

I used to think you needed to jump to get to Bed of Chaos, and on one playthrough I had to get someone from /vg/ to help because I died over 30 times to it. Imagine the anger and relief I felt when I was told you could just walk off a small protrusion and land safely.
>>
I just started playing DS2, my first Souls game. When does it get good? The game is so fucking dull and uninteresting.

>press space and dodge every attack
>just walk around the big guys swinging their weapons
>enemies randomly change their attacks to get a cheap shot in every so often
>sometimes there's an enemy hidden right around a corner to get another cheapshot in

The only redeeming part of the game is that Majula looked kind of pretty.
>>
>>321509164
>When does it get good?
At the Drangleic Castle.
>>
>>321509220
how do i get there/?
>>
>>321500202
>>321499064
Lost bastille, when you enter the door towards the sentrys you get rushed by 6+ dudes instantly
>>
>>321510293
by playing the game
>>
>>321510345
Those are actually divided into two groups.
You can pull them separately.
But yeah, this particular place is the biggest and most prominent offender in the game. But other than that, there's really not too many of those.
In the first game in the Lower Burg you get ambushed by a group of hollow thieves and dogs, but for some reason people only complain when the sequel does that.
>>
>>321509164
the dlc
>>
>>321498792
The only bullshit part is the first-second bonfire in iron keep.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.