[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wind Waker is not shit. Anyone who says so is utterly wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 296x253) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 296x253
Wind Waker is not shit. Anyone who says so is utterly wrong.
>>
It's my favourite, op.
>>
Well, of course it's not shit. It's just no the best Zelda.
>>
File: link zelda 1.jpg (39 KB, 998x1500) Image search: [Google]
link zelda 1.jpg
39 KB, 998x1500
The remake was such a waste of potential. Sure widescreen and dynamic shadows are cool, but the colder colors, gradient shading, and over-use of bloom effects undo any good that was done. Not to mention the COMPLETE LACK of restoring and polishing ANY beta content at all. Why even bother to remake the game if you're not going to do it right this time?
>>
the combats shit and the art style isnt appealing
>>
>OOT kills the overworld because it was demoted to cartridge
>WW has no overworld because...
I'll answer my own question, it's because OOT sold without one and they stopped fucking caring. Enjoy your series thoroughly married to OOT's bullshit.
>>
the combats great and the art style is hugely appealing
>>
>>321499050
I liked everything about the hd treatment except for the fact that there were cut dungeons in the original and would have loved to see them realized. Apparently some aspects of the unfinished dungeons were applied to later zelda games though. I think it was twilight princess specifically.
>>
>>321499050
At least it's not the TP remake.
>>
>>321499292

the combat is braindead eay

you can either mash A repeatedly and win or just wait for the QTE prompt to help you win
>>
Its definitely not shit, but its also clearly unfinished.
>>
>>321499050
I guess you could argue that they greatly included the ocean sailing, and that triforce side quest, but they missed a great opportunity to expand the existing side quests as well as adding more, to really fill out the world which fills so fucking big yet sort of empty.
>>
>>321498475
Well of course it's not shit the zelda cylce says we can like it now.
>>
File: I coveted that wind, I suppose.jpg (23 KB, 479x257) Image search: [Google]
I coveted that wind, I suppose.jpg
23 KB, 479x257
If they had another year to add in the cut dungeons, add content to some of the smaller islands to make visiting them more worthwhile, and flesh out the overall pacing and gameplay by expanding upon the already important islands and making the game overall more difficult, it could have been the GOAT Zelda.

Still love it, and visually it's one of my favorite games of all time. Also best Ganon, maybe they could have expanded upon him a bit more too.
>>
>>321499719
it's the same ganondorf every time, right? how fucking old is he by then and how did he survive so long?
>>
>>321499784

>Same ganondorf every time.
Kind of, reincarnation and all that.
>How fucking old is he.
Probably several thousand years by Wind Waker, even without reincarnation several hundred at the least.
>How did he survive so long?
Magic. No really, it's fucking magic.
>>
File: 1392966981790.png (223 KB, 301x365) Image search: [Google]
1392966981790.png
223 KB, 301x365
>>321499050
>Why even bother to remake the game if you're not going to do it right this time?
Well, that would cost money. Why spend money on making your shit better when people will buy your shit anyway, right?
>>
>>321499784
Sages locked him up and let him live instead of killing him so that he becomes reincarnated and having to contain him again with different powers.
>>
>>321499719
Brilliantly put anon, completely agree
>>
>>321499975
>Magic.
You forgot to add the anger
>>
>>321500078
so it's the same ganondorf reborn in a different body with the consciousness of the same nigga, then? must fucking suck getting to the part where you have to be a baby with the mind of a centuries old powerful sorcerer demon man.
>>
It isn't shit. It's my least favorite 3D Zelda and I think it has one of the worst main quests in the series, but that doesn't necessarily make it shit since it makes it up with the ocean exploration and underwater Hyrule parts.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.