[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ I need your help. Over the past few years I've lost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: ok.jpg (15 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
15 KB, 375x305
/v/ I need your help.

Over the past few years I've lost all the people I've played video games with. All of them, they've either gotten really serious about real life, gotten too poor to keep gaming or literally disappeared. I haven't made friends on the internet since like 2005. I'm old now and I don't get the memes like I used to. The problem is I don't really know how to go about it. When I play with someone in game I always assume they're 15, or some mouth breathing sperglord. What can I do to find some people who just want to sit around and play some lame online games with me and have fun while doing it?

tl;dr: regular semi-middle aged dude seeks internet friends who want to play shitty games with him. What do?
>>
File: Sleep_000.jpg (212 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Sleep_000.jpg
212 KB, 1600x900
bumpin with random images until I feel sufficiently pathetic enough to let the thread 404.
>>
>>321496114
Pretty sure you can't bump your own thread that way, not this early.
>>
>>321495920
What platform do you play on?
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_113012_175940.jpg (306 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_113012_175940.jpg
306 KB, 1152x864
>>321496210
Thanks for letting me know. Should've started this as a fucking undertale thread or some other lame shit so it would've caught traction then thrown in my own personal plight after like 50 replies.

>>321496348
100% pc gamer, almost never buy games, usually play private servers, pirated or f2p games. I have a strict rule about spending money on myself so I make due with what I can.
>>
This will probably be me in 5 years, good luck friend.
>>
>>321496627
Start cultivating new friends now, I wish I had started a few years ago. All of a sudden I looked around and realized I was sitting around playing all these games alone. Don't give up the dream!
>>
File: 1443518302604.png (62 KB, 188x157) Image search: [Google]
1443518302604.png
62 KB, 188x157
Here are a few tips:

• Stop assuming. If you just assume everyone is an assclown chances are you'll never find anyone online while the perfect co-op buddy might be in the same server as you

• Branch out. Make yourself look relaxed, joyful. No one wants to game with a mute sod who doesn't say jack squat nor interacts with other players

• Learn to ignore. People have quirks and flaws, and sometimes those might get on your nerves. That's when you abandon everything /v/ has taught you and put on a happy smile. Put up with their bullshit and they'll see you as a good friend

• Start threads with memes in the OP. You're not gonna get enough replies the way you're doing it
>>
>>321497092
All of these, especially the last point. Serious threads always die quickly
>>
>>321497092
Thanks for the tips, I do my best to keep an open mind in real life I just end up being pretty secluded and reclusive in video games. Pretty strange considering how out going and sociable I am in real life. I'll have to work on it.

Also I'll make sure to include more memes, or maybe a picture of trump if I start another thread sometime.
>>
>>321496907
I have LANs occasionally with my friends, but there's not really any games released the last 5 years or so that are lan friendly.
And even then we've all got varying skill levels, one guy wrecks us all at rts, I wreck everyone fps, and one guy gets wrecked at fucking everything.

And none of them really have any tolerance for non-AAA games.
Sometimes I like to just play through and find hidden gems, game that lack polish and have problems but still have great core gameplay.
Hell, half of them won't even touch M&B and stuff like the stalker, and the other half I had to convince a lot until they did.

Can't have everything I suppose, it's not all bad I still like them.
>>
Thanks for the replies boys. I've made a plan to try to speak to another human being on the next video game I play and see if it turns into a friendship. Wish me luck!
>>
File: images (2).jpg (16 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
16 KB, 443x332
>>321497382
That's the spirit. A big tl;dr of everything I said is just "bite the bullet"

I like to add people in DaS after a good duel or co-op session. 90% of the time it evolves into a friendly conversation. When we're done talking we either remove each other or stick around for further co-oping or dueling. You'd be surprised at how shoving an axe in someone's spine could really make you some great friends
>>
File: 207350_2015-12-21_00010.png (870 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
207350_2015-12-21_00010.png
870 KB, 800x600
>>321495920
>I don't get the memes like I used to
probably because the internet has become so widespread now, that people just spew out whatever new meme is circulated, regardless of circumstance.
What do?
just keep playing games and either embrace not connecting with a majority of people, or keep trying to make an effort and hope you find someone likeminded.
I've taken up the former.
>>
>>321497092
>Start threads with memes in the OP
fuck you, you're part of the reason retards flock here and stay.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.