[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /his/ + /v/? What are some of your favorite historical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7
Who here /his/ + /v/?

What are some of your favorite historical based or history influenced games, /v/?

Let's list some games/series.

>Sid Meier's: Civilization
>Age of Empires/Mythologies
>Victoria
>Europa Universalis
>Total War
>Mount and Blade/Napoleonic Wars
>Expeditions: Conquistadors
>Tropico
>Chivalry(?)
>Assassin's Creed
>Hearts of Iron
>Crusader Kings
>CivCity: Rome
>Stronghold
>BF: 1942/1943/Vietnam
>CoD: WoW
>Rise of Nations
>Knights of Honor
>Knights & Merchants
>Company of Heroes
>Oregon Trail
>Red Orchestra/Rising Storm
>Anno
>Rise of Venice

Any games yet to come out you look forward to?
>Kingdom Come Deliverance
>M&Bii Bannerlord

What are some of your favorites?
>>
Anyone?
>>
The wrong side won WWII
>>
>>321495942
Thats not videogames, anon.
>>
Ck2 is my go to game. Love it so much and I really hope they don't fuck up the inevitable sequel

Haven't played expeditions in a while, I should start that up again. I was really enjoying the writing in that one

I've been trying to get into medieval 2. It's my first total war game and I'm enjoying the combat, but the campaign is a bit weird. Doesn't help that the tutorial is broken. I'll stick with it, but I'm not sure if I like the campaign bits
>>
File: Napoleon Tota War.jpg (141 KB, 530x740) Image search: [Google]
Napoleon Tota War.jpg
141 KB, 530x740
>>321497376
>Expeditions
Ex: Conquistadors, right? I fucking love that game. My go to game usually is either Civ5 or M&B Napoleonic Wars. Speaking of the Napoleonic Wars, Have you ever tried Napoleon Total War? If you like Medieval 2 and like early 19th century warfare, you probably love it. Its my favorite Total War game out of them all.
>>
>>321498021
yeah conquistador. when I first started playing it I kept restarting after fucking up, but after a few hours I finally accepted that it's okay to lose battles. I really need to finish that game. I hope vikings is as good, but I'm worried part of the magic is the fact that not many games take place during the spanish discovery of the new world

m2 is my first total war game ever. I'll eventually check out some of the other games. I have a friend who won't shut up about shogun 2, and the rome games seem like they could be fun
>>
>>321498440
>I'm worried part of the magic is the fact that not many games take place during the spanish discovery of the new world
You mean directly focusing on Spanish expeditions? Because there's plenty of games that allow you to simulate and recreate that part of history, Civ5, AoE3, Europa Universalis, Tropico 5 has a portion of early colonization etc etc
>>
File: 1451024215955.png (425 KB, 350x654) Image search: [Google]
1451024215955.png
425 KB, 350x654
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
>>
We need more history games!
>>
File: cucked again.jpg (208 KB, 549x769) Image search: [Google]
cucked again.jpg
208 KB, 549x769
cucked again :DDDDD
>>
>>321497376
They will fuck it up, look at what they're doing to Hearts of Iron. They're dumbing it down so much that it plays itself,removed oil as a fucking resource in a WW2 game, cut out NATO counters because the average retard they want to buy their game can't be fucked spending five minutes learning what they are, and made it so all nations have a grand total of three political parties. We can only hope they get some competition soon because PDS has gone full shill mode.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.