[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Grand strategy thread Talk me into or out of it /v/. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: paradoxbundle.png (897 KB, 1322x866) Image search: [Google]
paradoxbundle.png
897 KB, 1322x866
>Grand strategy thread

Talk me into or out of it /v/. I've been thinking about jumping into grand strategy for a while now and this seems as good a time as any. Are each of the games in this bundle the definitive ones in their respective series?
>>
>>>/vg/
>>
>>321489992
Yes
>>
Steam working again?
>>
its a good way to lose 500 hours of your life yeah. avoid the dlc for ck2 unless its 90% off though. EU4 toooo
>>
>>321489992
>Are each of the games in this bundle the definitive ones in their respective series?

HOI2>HOI3
EU3>EU4
>>
>>321489992
Don't buy any of those games vanilla. They're all greatly improved by the DLC. Pick one that interests you the most and start with that one. CK2 and EU4 are good entry titles.
>>
>>321490442
As someone uninitiated, could you give a brief answer for why the older ones are better?
>>
>>321489992
Go with CK2 and get all dlc except sunset invasion.

If you have more money also get EU IV with all dlc, Cossacks is also optional dlc like sunset.

Dont get them without dlc, no point.
>>
>>321490598
Some purists don't like the changes they made, older games don't have as much dlc also. Then again dlc for paradox games is pretty great.
>>
>>321489992

If you actually plan on playing Victoria 2 make sure you get "A House Divided" and "Heart of Darkness" as those are basically required to play it. I can't speak about Hearts of Iron but CK2 and EU4 are acceptable to play without any addons.
>>
I like playing CK2 a lot.

Lately I'm trying to never marry my rulers, and just having children by raping female prisoners but Dark World pick my targets randomly.

Probably I should try to use Sexual Crusaders as well. Wish I didn't have to start all over again, everytime I want to add a new mod.
>>
Buy victoria collection. Pretty cheap right now and Victoria 2 is a great game to start on.
>>
>>321490985
Cossacks actually makes diplomacy a lot better. I would say top three EU4 expansions are Art of War, Common Sense, and Cossacks.
>>
Get of /v/ and go to /vg/ also try parlax games
>>
Bad bundle. You need the DLC for the games. Buying more games instead of DLC means you won't ever have a decent experience. Paradox ships their games with flaws and missing features over old titles and then patches them up to standard with expensive DLC - it's a very shameless business model centered around grabbing money.
While the visual DLC are optional and the others can easily be pirated (and then even played in MP) it's not for everyone's liking to acquire them illegally.

From all the ones in that bundle just get EU4 and skip the rest until you know what you've gotten into. The games are fairly similar in terms of gameplay and only differ in (annoying) features being present in one over the other.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.