[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shameless rip off of Elric. Yep, still waiting for Michael Moorcock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 5
File: geralt_witcher_3.jpg (94 KB, 903x500) Image search: [Google]
geralt_witcher_3.jpg
94 KB, 903x500
Shameless rip off of Elric.

Yep, still waiting for Michael Moorcock to be credited, CDPR/Sapkowski
>>
>>321487683
Razorfist please stop shilling your shit videos on /v/.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVe-CeThGug&index=2&list=LLxlR53BOncBeMisYWXFvu0w

>Oh, Razorfist, just because he has the same name and the same appearance, and his "creator" won't even acknowledge it or deny it doesn't mean he's ripped off of Elric!

You fucking plebs.
>>
Enjoy the salt, Witcher series has been around since the 80's and now that CDPR is triple a status with their Witcher games, everyone wants in on the dosh.
>>
He is fucking credited you dumb fuck. Are you so stupid to have made this thread without actually checking the credits? You fucking cretin, fucking MORON, he's in the special thanks section you ultimo cunt
>>
>>321487683
Nigger are you still on about this?

Jesus christ this might be legitimate autism.

Go post it on the CDPR forums or something.
>>
>>321488242
Proof, fatneck.
>>
>>321487819
What do they have in common other than white hair (an incredibly generic fantasy protagonist trait) and the nickname White Wolf (an incredibly generic fantasy nickname).
>>
>>321488350
Watch the credits fuckwit, i'm not spoonfeeding your fat arse.
>>
>>321488350
I literally said where to find it. Go check yourself you last fuck.
>>
>>321488417
He is a 100% carbon copy.
>>
>>321488158
I wish I was a shill, I'd be able to get another packet of cigarettes to feed my nicotine addiction .

Just letting you know you're a fag is all.
>>
>>321488483
Shut the fuck up polack. Show me the evidence. You're the one claiming it's true.

>>321488454
Kill yourself.
>>
Oh god not you again.
>>
>>321487683
exactly how buttmad are you?
>>
>>321488578
>I-i don't want to do any of the work myself!
>k-kill yourself
>please spoonfeed me, i am a retard
If anyone needs to kill themselves, it probably should be you for not even knowing how to use fucking google.
>>
>>321488487
How so?
>>
>>321488681
Shut the fuck up fattie. Show me the evidence and I'll stop making these threads. Until then, Sapkowski is a fraud.
>>
>>321488578
You butt burned retarded just look it up on youtube. You're the one complaining you ass fuck. The burden of proof lies on the accuser you total fucking idiot. It takes like one millisecond to look this shit up. That is proof. I'm not bending over backwards to look that shit up for you.
>>
>>321488783
You don't have the proof then. I'm not going to jewtube you fucking fag.
>>
>>321488734
t. a guy that listens to black metal in his headphones and addresses his mom as momma
>>
>>321487819

What
>>
>>321487683
>white hair? check
>albino? nope
>emperor? nope
>evil soul-sucking sword? nope
>physically very weak? nope

ya dun goofed
>>
>>321488487
Elric is a disabled elf faggot, he's a king, serves chaos gods, betrays them and in the end killed by his own sword. How is any of this related to Witcher?
>>
>>321487819
>embed link
>see autist
>close link

gg senpai, really showed us
>>
>>321488487
As someone who has read almost everything Moorcock has written, I call bullshit. Elric was meant to be the anti-Conan (weak physically without his sword feeding him souls), while Geralt is much more of a traditional sword and sorcery warrior. Yes, there are enough similarities that I'm surprised Sapkowski got away with it, but calling Geralt a carbon copy is absurd.
>>
>>321488915
he's supposed to be albino, cdpr just had to make him sexy as fuck and they did a good thing
>>
>>321489115
similarities such as...
>>
>>321489312
The nickname and his general appearance, basically.
>>
>>321488915
+Samithon James
-Spellswords
-Powers are augmented and sustained through the use of drugs
-Wayfaring Mercenaries
-Sardonic Worldview
-Betrothed to raven-haired sorceresses who meet unfortunate fates
-Antiheroes (an uncommon trope in fantasy of the '80s, let alone '60s, when Elric was written)
-Both war with transdimensional enemies (a concept the Elric series arguably invented in modern fantasy fiction)
-Further, they don't both merely have 'white hair', they both are albino, with glowing eyes. Elric's glowing red, Geralt's glowing yellow.
-Both wield supernatural rune swords.
>>
>>321489286
He's never stated to be albino anywhere in the books.
>>
File: 2.jpg (48 KB, 585x399) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
48 KB, 585x399
>>321488417
>>321488731

>Spellswords
>Powers are augmented and sustained through the use of drugs
>Wayfaring Mercenaries
>Sardonic Worldview
>Betrothed to raven-haired sorceresses who meet unfortunate fates
>Antiheroes (an uncommon trope in fantasy of the '80s, let alone '60s, when Elric was written) >Both war with transdimensional enemies (a concept the Elric series arguably invented in modern fantasy fiction)
>Further, they don't both merely have 'white hair', they both are albino, with glowing eyes. Elric's glowing red, Geralt's glowing yellow. >
>Both wield supernatural rune swords.
>The reason magic exists in both of these series's worlds is not only identical but literally NAMED THE SAME THING (Conjunction of the Spheres)
>Both white haired
>Both called White Wolf

It's a carbon copy, literally. Sapowski was always a fucking hack
>>
File: 1450335073084.png (901 KB, 1024x1293) Image search: [Google]
1450335073084.png
901 KB, 1024x1293
Yeah, but if they released a Stormbringer video game everyone would call it a Witcher ripoff.

Checkmate, atheists.
>>
>>321489393
Geralt is not an antihero in the slightest.
>>
>>321489450

>The reason magic exists in both of these series's worlds is not only identical but literally NAMED THE SAME THING (Conjunction of the Spheres)

This is the fucking kicker to me. How can you name something that is identical the exact same as something else that existed years before. So fucking obvious
>>
>>321489389
But he's got white hair and he happens to be from a school that calls themselves the wolves. ALl of his buddies are wolves too. He's just the white one. Simple coincidence imo.
>>
Razorfist surely you can get by without buying another shitty graphic tee this week, don't shill on /v/ to pay your bills.
>>
>>321489641
>>321489389
see
>>321489450

You literally can't deny it
>>
>>321489393
>>321489450
Geralt is not albino and his eyes don't glow. Stop talking out your ass. He's also not an antihero in the slightest, dude's blatantly a heroic moralfag.

Runeswords are purely a videogame mechanic, they don't exist in the books.
>>
>CD Projeckt just had to bring the polish knock-off to an international market

No wonder why Sapkowski hates the vidya.
>>
I like how everyone is accusing sapkowski of plagiarism without knowing about the political situation in Poland in the 80s when he wrote the Witcher.
>>
I can't tell if people are being serious or ironically retarded
>>
>>321489753
geralt's eyes don't glow though. They just have the appearance of a cat's eyes. And a bunch of those things are reaching to make it seem like there's an even ground between them when they're just really exaggerated. No one should ever use that post as proof of anything.
>>
>>321489861

>Geralt is not albino and his eyes don't glow. Stop talking out your ass

Yes he is.

http://www.giantbomb.com/geralt-of-rivia/3005-2039/

> He also has to handle discrimination in varying degrees, from the curious looks he attracts by virtue of being an albino

Inb4
>shit source!

Better than your non existent source.

>He's also not an antihero in the slightest, dude's blatantly a heroic moralfag.

Yes he is you fucking autist, he's portrayed exactly like that in the books, just because Sapwoski is a hack who has to throw in the standard Hollywood esque "LE EVIL AND BAD GUY" generic bullcrap every now and then doesn't mean that Sapowski didn't completely paint him as such, the same argument stands for Elric as he also goes full heroic moralfag now and then.

>Runeswords are purely a videogame mechanic, they don't exist in the books.

Yes they do, you're just taking the term "Runesword" by the game definition rather than what it meant in the fantasy literature world (magical swords essentially).

Care to explain the appearance simularity, fighting inter dimensional beings (Elric was literally the first character in that genre to do this), similar waifus (appearance and personality wise) and the fucking Conjunction of the Sphere not only acting THE EXACT same in the Witcher series but also being named IDENTICALLY?
>>
>>321488158
If it's so obviously a copy why doesn't Moorcock sue Sapowski?

:^)
>>
>>321490448
Except point to runeswords existing in Sapowski's books. Runes are in a ton of fantasy games like for instance DA.
>>
Who the fuck cares
>>
>>321490448
Witcher swords aren't magical in the slightest. They're just made of meteoric silver. That's the only thing that sets them apart from regular swords.

I don't have to provide a source for Geralt NOT being albino. Quote a fucking passage from the books, or give up. This isn't how burden of proof works.

Geralt is 100 percent moralfag all of the time. Not comparable at all to Elric doing it every once in a while.
>>
>>321490623
If you ever make something worthy of public attention and praise, I hope I can steal it from you and claim it as mine.

When you confront me about it, I'll rehash these words for you
>Who the fuck cares
>>
So Razorfist clearly hasn't read the books, has he?
>>
>>321490159
Care to elaborate? Legitimately curious.
>>
Even if Sapkowski got inspired by that shit (doubtful), I don't see what the asshurt is about. The books are completely different save for some insignificant shit like people's appearance.
>>
lol

not the same story, the only similarities are on surface which to tell the truth is the only thing you dumb materialistic fucks can perceive anyway

it was clearly inspired, but it's not the same thing. saying it is literal plagiarism is like saying dark souls ripped off berserk or that your mom ripped off moby dick
>>
What vidya shirt is he wearing
>>
GOTY of 2015 EAT IT CUNTS
>>
>>321490805
>>321490593

>focuses on 10% of the post
>ignores the other 90%

What about the Conjunction of the Spheres and fighting of Interdimensional beings?
>>
What's the conjunction of the spheres called in the Polish version?

It never had an English translation until the videogames, and the videogames blatantly cite being inspired by Moorcock.
>>
>>321487683
Not even trying to hide it raz0rfist.
>>
How can one man be so based?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fmCiasdEDY

>>321490805
Geralt gets called an albino in some of the short stories.
>>
>>321491523
koniunkcja sfer
>>
>>321491060
Anon is probably refering to communism, it wasn't easy to get stuff at all, and getting evil western stuff was near impossible.
>>
>>321492047
There was tons of western media imported into the USSR though
>>
>witcher bait Thread
>10k replies
Everytime
>>
>>321492257
I'm too young and ignorant to know about that, I just remember my parents whining that they could never get any western books no matter how hard they tried. Those were scientific so I guess it might be different.

Sapkowski certainly spoke english, so it's not that far-fetched. Still not significant enough to matter, though.
>>
I'm probably one of the few in this thread that read both series.
While I can see a lot of similarities, Moorcock is not right in calling Geralt a ripoff.
Elric lives in a world much more rooted in fantasy, he's a tragic antihero that doesn't have a "sardonic" worldview but instead a tragic, serious one.
Elric is a noble character, refined even in his anger, focused on vengeance and able to talk with literal gods, the supernatural help he gets is astounding.
Geralt is not refined in anyway, he's a regular dumbass that doesn't have a "fragile" form like Elric does, Geralt is as strong as two men while not on drugs and as 3 or 4 when on drugs (yes, sometimes he showed even more physical prowess but in the books he clearly avoids fights against 3 or 4 opponents because he doesn't want to get fucked up).
Geralt rarely gets high tier supernatural help, he has mages helping him (and using him) and low tier annimistic spirits closely tied to eastern mythos in which Sapkowski grew up.
Geralt does have a sardonic world view, he's a dumbass and likes showing off how much he likes being a carefree imbecile except when his loved ones are on the line.

They are very different.
>>
razorcunt is the most edgy proamerican cunt on yt
>shilling for ms and xbone, hate sony
>jacking off to thief, hate kojima
>hating on bitcher 3, buying and playing games like fallout 4, praising fucking skyrim
What a fucking edgy cunt
>>
>>321493309
see
>>321491453
>>
>>321491453
Conjuction of the spheres and fighting interdimensional beings IS indeed something that Moorcock explored widely even with the Eternal Champion saga and stuff, but let's remember that while being a pioneer he was not the only one, those concept became fucking huge in sci-fi back in the '70s, it was a melting pot and Sapkowski just went with the flow, you can see similarities with the New Sun saga by Gene Wolfe too, you can actually find no less than 20 books by that timeframe that match that narrative but Moorcock just focused on the fact that since Geralt physically resembles Elric then -everything- was stolen from him.
>>
>>321493309
>even more physical prowess but in the books he clearly avoids fights against 3 or 4 opponents because he doesn't want to get fucked up).

It is interesting how a lot of people always assumes that Geralt is some badass that can cut his way through an army by himself when in reality he gets fucked up in the majority of his encounters in the books.

>wins his fight against the striga but gets his throat cut and nearly bleeds to death
>would have lost his 1v1 to the Bruxa if it wasn't for Nivellen
>while he does kill Renfri gang of 6 people he gets seriously wounded
>gets gravely wounded by the monsters in 'something more' and nearly dies
>after killing the 3 or 4 brothers in oxenfurt he is seriously wounded
>gets btfo by Vilgefortz and becomes a crippled
>during the battle of the bridge he gets knocked out
>would have lost his second fight to Vilgefortz if it wasn't for him not being 100% and already btfo out of Yen and Regis
>gets killed in a very pathetic way

Yes, he still wins the fights and comes out alive and there are a few were he doesn't take any injuries but it is never easy. He even gets his ear shot off when trying to flee a fight during the sixth book. Sapkowski did a good job grounding him and not turning him into some godlike warrior that can solo anything.
>>
>>321489393
most of your list is either outright false, intentionally reductive to obscure the vast differences, or so generic ("Wayfaring Mercenaries") that it substantially weakens your argument

0/10
>>
>>321494445
He got a lot of shit for that apparently. People don't like to see their heroes lose.
>>
File: image.jpg (351 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
351 KB, 1280x720
>>321492538
Just waiting for BaW senpai. Then we can shitposting about Cyberpunk.
>>
>>321495440
Yeah apparently he received a lot of flak from the fans for killing off Geralt and Yen in the final book when it first got released, but it fit the tone of the books and was literally foreshadowed all the way back to Sword of Destiny so I don't know what they expected and it's not like it was that sad. Sure Geralt might have "died" and went to the "afterlife" but he got his happily ever after with Yen so it's still happy.
>>
>>321496118
I thought killing everyone off kind of sucked and was needlessly dark. I'm glad the games gave them a more proper ending IMO. Sapowski was pretty clear that he just wanted to be done with the franchise though, so it made it come off as a bitter old man flipping everyone off on the way out.
>>
>>321493989

> but let's remember that while being a pioneer he was not the only one

Name another Fantasy series (with a source) that focused on a white haired protag fighting inter dimensional beings and a worlds magic source being conjured by something called the Conjunction of Spheres.

The only other form of literacy you will find matching this highly unique and specific descriptor is The Witcher.
>>
I wonder when this faggot OP will quit making the same threads over and over again. Did Razorfist run out of subs so he's shilling on /v/ now?
>>
File: teehee.jpg (25 KB, 213x629) Image search: [Google]
teehee.jpg
25 KB, 213x629
>>321497246
FINAL FANTASY (fantasy series, in the name)
White haired protag
fights a spirit and aeons (interdimensional beings)
uses dress spheres (magic/ability system)

NEXT
>>
>>321489450
You may in fact be the only person on the planet that gives a shit one way or the other.
>>
>>321493309
>While I can see a lot of similarities, Moorcock is not right in calling Geralt a ripoff.

Well no shit

>No name asshole wants youtube views
>Takes a popular series, shits on it.
>Waits for more views to roll in.
>>
>>321487819
You use way too many big words desu senpai
>>
If there is anything that Sapkowski was inspired by it's the Arthurian legend. The ending is nearly the same as the one in King Arthur. Geralt/Arthur ends up going to Avalon with Yen/Morgan then there is a bunch of other stuff as well. The Witcher books are the Arthurian legend and Slavic mythology combined into a hybrid of sword and sorcery and a dark fantasy epic.
>>
>>321487683
>getting this salty over raistlin do'urden
I'm kekkin so hard for real right now
>>
Guys GUYS !! Wait WAIIIIIIIT.

WHO THE FUCK CARES ?
>>
>>321503051
>raistlin do'urden
>raistlin
>caramon, i'm already a demon
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.