[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you gone back and played Witcher 3 since its release? Does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 38
File: 2015-12-25 23-09-56.jpg (706 KB, 1643x1039) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-25 23-09-56.jpg
706 KB, 1643x1039
Have you gone back and played Witcher 3 since its release? Does the game still hold up? Your game of the year?
>>
Repetetive and feels like there's no endgame content. It's good, but feels kinda stunted in a lot of ways content-wise.
>>
It's aged terribly. Really looks like shit compared to the games coming out now.
>>
I tried finishing the game a second time, and failed. What an overrated piece of shit.
>>
I won't acknowledge its existence until they rightfully credit Michael Moorcock.
>>
I'm waiting for both expansions to release before playing it again.
>>
File: Witcher 3 obliterated.jpg (821 KB, 3032x1150) Image search: [Google]
Witcher 3 obliterated.jpg
821 KB, 3032x1150
>>321487184

Nah, i'm playing the superior Mass Effect trilogy
>>
guess im the only one that loves witcher 3...
>>
Played it once, played it again when Hearts of Stone came out, will probably pick it up again when Blood and Wine comes out.
>>
>>321488173
mass effect plays better than witcher. Witcher has much much better writing and role-playing elements.
>>
File: 109897965434.jpg (180 KB, 1537x489) Image search: [Google]
109897965434.jpg
180 KB, 1537x489
>>321488359

No it doesn't.
>>
>>321487287
over twice as long as the last Witcher in terms of quests with a substantial narrative behind them to play, taking 80-100 hours to complete and it's "stunted in a lot of ways content-wise"? Do you even play other games to understand what you could reasonably expect from a game? Reminds me of people acting like MGSV barely has any content just because Konami fucked us on a solid ending to the 2nd chapters narrative even though it has over 100 hours of content in a stealth game.
>>
it looks like an atari2600 game
>>
>>321488359

I disagree. I thought Mass Effect played better and overall the trilogies story/writing was far more engrossing. Witcher bored the shit out of me, Witcher 1 was disjointed as hell (Act 1 and 2 are literally unplayable) and Witcher 2 had so much desposition, pointless babble and a boring as fuck GoT knockoff plotline instead of actual witcheran that I quickly lost interest. Witcher 3 was no better.
>>
>>321487184
>Does the game still hold up?
It hasn't even been out a year and you're asking this? Isn't this something to be asked 5+ years after something was released? Or once a significant jump in technology has happened? Seems a little premature.
>>
Just played the DLC recently. Really good content. Rest of the game is still pretty much the same. There are mods for gameplay and cosmetic changes now though. Would like to try them out on a NG+ run. Especially the level scaling mods.
>>
>>321487184
I would never be able to replay Witcher 3, jesus fuck that kind of RPG that takes longer than 100 hours for me, i just cant take it.

I played the DLC this month and is still one of my favorites RPGs.
>>
File: 1447027740834.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447027740834.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>321487184
>you will never hug Ciri while you're both covered in blood
>you will never do witcher things with Ciri
>>
Just played a few hours, still holds up great.
>>
I really dislike ciri and the climax of the main quest. Everything else was mint
>>
I loved everything aside from being forced to play as Ciri. I really, really dislike being thrusted out of controlling the main character. Immersion breaking as all hell.
>>
>>321489697
I think about it like reading a book that changes the perspective of the narrative
>>
>>321489894
I'm sure that's what the devs thought too. And for other games that do that, which are usually pretty cinematic-heavy, the devs probably thought that but in terms of movies.

It's a game though... not a book or a movie. There are different rules here. It's just weird in a game.
>>
>>321489697
You didn't like being called a cunt by every single enemy you encountered? Gay
>>
>>321488847
I think line to line dialogue and overall scope of the storytelling is better in the witcher games. Characters in the witcher all have their own complex motivations and dilemmas that are slowly uncovered through the course of the game if the player is willing to pay attention and put in effort. The plot in Mass effect always seemed to me like a big dumb hollywood action movie (which is achieved very effectively) with paper-thin character motivations and writing. Case in point - the last act of mass effect 3 where the writers have no clue what the characters would do outside of their roles in the game so they have them heroically sacrifice themselves for cheap emotional effect and easy writing. The witcher 2 was one of the few games where i heard out the antagonist's spiel at the end of the game and decided to spare him because they didn't deserve to die.
>>
>>321487184
went back after 90 hours for the DLC and it holds up great. after playing shitout 4 I forgot that games can have good looking textures and humans can look like they aren't made of clay. GOTY (yeah I played bloodborne) for me and can't wait for the next DLC.
>>
I'm about to start it
beat TW1 and TW2 just to play this game (the first one on hard and the second one on dark mode) which mode should i select for TW3?
>>
i didnt care for the collectathon stuff and being pigeonholed into witcher gear, but otherwise it was a good game.
>>
>>321487184
Yep. Played it again whenHoS came out, did my DM run around that time. Still really enjoyed it.
>>321488064
So go sue Sapowski
>>
Felt like Novigrad went on for too long and the islands made me lose interest so I haven't touched the game recently. Might try to go back and finish it sometime though.
>>
File: 444.jpg (38 KB, 449x338) Image search: [Google]
444.jpg
38 KB, 449x338
>>321490338

>the storytelling is better in the witcher games

I disagree again. CDPR had source material to work with and their writing still fell flat in my opinion and the character development throughout the trilgoy was literally non existent. Letho was completely panned in the third game, Dandelion is borderline comic relief and Zoltan is as generic as it gets. Wild Hunt are comically cartoonish, same with Emyhr (who wasn't written as such in the books, none of his love for Ciri were portrayed in the games). Yen and Djikstra were the only well written characters in my opinion.

>he plot in Mass effect always seemed to me like a big dumb hollywood action movie

I disagree and rather, I felt the exact same for the Witcher games. Witcher 1 started off promising (well, not literally because the start of the game was horseshit and overall writing/dialogue was atrocious even for the time) in terms of the scope, Witcher 2 went balls to the wall retarded with all the crappy deposition and pointless Game of Thrones esque babble rather than Witcheran and Witcher 3 seemed like it didn't know where it wanted to go. Every character felt like another prop to tell you "Ciri is in another castle!", none of your past romances meant jack shit, Letho was cast aside, Wild Hunt were underwhelming as fuck and the White Frost was laughably shoe horned in blatantly at the last minute not to mention the countless Gary Stu and Mary Sue moments that Ciri and Geralt had.

>with paper-thin characters

That is a flat out lie. Compare Sarens motivations (indoctrinated to the point that he genuinely thought he could synthesize synthetic and organic life), or the Illusive Man in ME2 and ME3 or even the machine like reapers who had relatable motivations (to stop Organics/Synthetics from essentially wiping each other out).

Compare that to the Wild Hunt "LEL, WE WANNA RAPE LE MARY SUE CIRI FOR TEH TIME TRAVEL ABILITEH" and it's laughable in comparison not to mention the piss poor buildup.
>>
>>321488794
>stealth game
it has 100 hours of generic gta-like gameplay
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 894x894
>>321489275
Really wish she and Dandalion were in BaW. At least we'll have Regis . I wouldn't be surprised if she did end up being in Witcher 4
>>321488173
Shilling it on /v/ you mean. Can't wait for DE:MD to take all the GOTY awards and Bioware to finally die.
>>321490504
DM
>>
>>321489275
>hug Ciri

I'll plow her until Geralt becomes a literal grandpa
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 668x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 668x400
>>321491156
>TIM's intentions
Lol I'm indoctrinated
>Saren's intentions
Yeah I sure did love how he was right all along. Pure poetry.

Explain one thing for me Biodrone: How does Synthesis work?
>>
The best RPG ever made without question. Unanimously the GOTY of 2015 and definitely a top 5 GOAT game. Everything in this game is at least an 8/10. No other game in recent memory can claim to do everything as well as TW3 does it in its entirety. TW3's gameplay is solid and responsive and its narrative is on par with an HBO drama. 10/10

t. someone who wasn't anticipating this game but it BTFO'd me when I played it
>>
>>321491432

>Lol I'm indoctrinated

Yep.

>Yeah I sure did love how he was right all along. Pure poetry.

Yep.

Nice argument.

>How does Synthesis work?

Catalyst shoots energy throughout the galaxy (through the usage of the Crucible which works with the Citadel) which produces unimaginable energy to the point that it can rewrite genetic code as created by the Leviathans. Child boy explains it.

How does Ciri defeat the white frost in Witcher 3? Literally never gets explained
>>
>>321491263
why devs think gaining less experience made the game harder? it just make it tedious
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 600x600
>>321491156
>ME3
>Character development
Yeah you're right anon, when Kai Leng pissed in that base I was awestruck... Then when he ate that cereal... And got beaten by a terminal patient...

But my favorite part was when Shepard saying we couldn't control the Repears for the whole game, and then in the last 10 mins it turned out he could. What masterful storytelling from Bioware.
>>
>shitposters actually comparing this to ME now since bloodbonies/MGSV fans were completely denied any GOTY awards from notable publications

I am a huge fan of ME and Witcher. Here are my rankings:

Top tier: TW3
High Tier: TW2, ME1
Mid Tier: ME3, TW1
Low Tier: ME2
>>
I picked up the original Witcher for cheap since its on sale.

For real, when does it start getting good? I've only just played through the opening where the Witchers castle base thing is under attack. The combat seems clunky and awkward as fuck.
>>
File: 0.jpg (20 KB, 550x428) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
20 KB, 550x428
>>321491702

>Yeah you're right anon, when Kai Leng pissed in that base I was awestruck... Then when he ate that cereal... And got beaten by a terminal patient...

Kai Leng wasn't in the prior games. Mind telling me what was the issue with him?

>But my favorite part was when Shepard saying we couldn't control the Repears for the whole game, and then in the last 10 mins it turned out he could. What masterful storytelling from Bioware.

Yea, I must say I preferred Geralt being allowed to choose the ruler of Skellige because, or Ciri becoming the Emperess because, Geralt deciding the fate of Temeria because, Ciri managing the defeat the White Frost because and she can die in the process if you didn't hug her that one time.

Much better imo
>>
File: baito.png (68 KB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
baito.png
68 KB, 540x300
>>321487287
>>321487442
>>321487981
These fucking posts.
>>
>>321491846
i beat The witcher 1 and The witcher 2 this month just to start The wticher 3
TW1 combat never gets good anon and i'm telling you this for now
it's buggy and cluncky all the way to the end
>>
File: ---.jpg (135 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
---.jpg
135 KB, 500x500
>>321491831

Nah

ME2 > ME1 > Witcher 3 = ME3 > dogshit > Witcher 1 > witcher 2

>>321491846

Never, CDPR made two mediocre games and one decent one that is still boring as fuck to play
>>
File: image.jpg (7 KB, 110x125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7 KB, 110x125
>>321491606

>Yep.

>Nice argument.
Nice counter argument

>Catalyst shoots energy throughout the galaxy (through the usage of the Crucible which works with the Citadel) which produces unimaginable energy to the point that it can rewrite genetic code as created by the Leviathans. Child boy explains it.
>Energy that rewrites genetic code
That's fucking hilarious. How does Shepard, one human male or female, allow synthesis to rewrite entirely different species like the fucking Turians and Quarians who are dextro based?

And Ciri stopping the White Frost does get explained. Elder Blood, which is just as bullshit as Space Magic.
>>
>>321491263
But Regis was rekt by vilgefortz. How is he alive?
>>
>>321492040
>>321492076
Does it improve in the sequels? I'm enjoying how the story is playing out. Never read the books but the setting seems cool.
>>
>>321491980
>Yea, I must say I preferred Geralt being allowed to choose the ruler of Skellige
Except he didn't. Are you retarded? Geralt helps Hjalmar or Cerys win but it's nothing like Origins where you literally crown Zamora or Alistair.
>>
File: 858.jpg (39 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
858.jpg
39 KB, 720x479
>>321492094

>Nice counter argument

You never presented an argument.

>That's fucking hilarious. How does Shepard, one human male or female, allow synthesis to rewrite entirely different species like the fucking Turians and Quarians who are dextro based?

He doesn't allow it. He just triggers the crucible, why are you pretending to have played the game?

> And Ciri stopping the White Frost does get explained. Elder Blood, which is just as bullshit as Space Magic.

Hahahahaha. A literal walking Deus Ex Machina that doesn't even attempt to explain the bullshit, at least the star child gives it a fucking try, haha.
>>
>>321492181
i liked TW2 combat
and it's by far better
>>
>>321491980
>Ciri becoming the Emperess because
How about she being the daughter of the fucking emperor? Reason enough for you?
>>
>>321492181

Never. Witcher 1 is mediocre and Witcher 2 is worse. Go watch the youtube recaps, Witcher 3 is tolerable at least.
>>
>>321491846
TW1 is only notable for it's branching storyline and how it looks nice on Bioware's Aurora engine. However, the pacing, combat and localization/voice-acting are kinda shitty.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 352x351) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 352x351
Yes.
No.
No.
>>
>>321492306

Comes completely left field, goes against the tone of the series as it attempts to be a forced "le happy ending". A female emperess of Nilfgaard with zero experience in that area?
>>
/v/ only hates on Witcher 3 to be contrarian.
>>
File: weak.png (44 KB, 1866x224) Image search: [Google]
weak.png
44 KB, 1866x224
>>321492241

>Le Witcher is good meme
>>
>>321492445
Alright buddy
>>
>>321487184
I played a ton, took a break for MGSV and Fallout 4, came back and finished the witcher and started DLC. I've enjoyed the witcher more than any game this year..except possibly Bloodborne
>>
>>321492428
It's hardly happy, the world is still a huge pile of shit full of death and awfulness.
>>
>>321492306
The happy ending is geralt and ciri witchring it up together.
>>
>>321487184
started again month ago and stopped around lvl 53, haven't played DLC yet, i'll pick it up again next year. quests are very MMO like and repeative and similar.
>>
I didn't even find Ciri. I got bored. I'm not gonna blame the game, it's probably just that I hate games or something. I didn't play Phantom Pain for more than ~15 hours.
>>
Yes. I am playing new game+ waiting for the new expansion.
>>
>>321492563
meant for
>>321492428
>>
Who is hyped for the new Witcher films and tv series? I know they will most likely suck but fuck it there is still a small glimmer of hope as they are adapting the books so at least they have somewhat of an outline to follow.
>>
File: 1449872892947.png (188 KB, 606x400) Image search: [Google]
1449872892947.png
188 KB, 606x400
The way the ending is determined is inferior to all the other games, and there are no huge decisions otherwise. The characters could have been more fleshed out. The side quests give barely any gold.

Everything else is pretty much god-tier though.

My GOTY is still MGSV.
>>
>>321492552

>It's hardly happy, the world is still a huge pile of shit full of death and awfulness.

Did you see the ending slides? Every ending that isn't the Radovid one is happy. (relevant to rulers of Temeria, not the other shit)

>Le Emyhr rules and proves to be a fair Emperor!
>Le temeria gorilla units rule and bring the land back to the people!
>Le Djikstra rules and makes use of his political skills and spy bullshit!
>>
>>321491980
>games. Mind telling me what was the issue with him?
>What's the issue with some guy who's only capable in cutscenes? And is hyped up to be your nemesis and a super badass? And wields a fucking Katanna?
Gee anon I don't know, why do people laugh at Coldsteel?
>preferred Geralt being allowed to choose the ruler of Skellige because,
Except he doesn't. He helps the winner win but he has no say in the actual crowning. Compare that to another Bioware game, Origins, where you literally get to choose between Anora or Alistair. I bet you loved that you fucking hypocrite.
>Ciri becoming the Emperess
Which she does only if you take her to meet Emhyr, and clear all opposition by letting Emhyr win, which is already OOC for Geralt. If you're playing close to Book Geralt you don't go there.
>Geralt deciding the fate of Temeria
Except once again you're retarded. Geralt chooses whether or not to save Roche. Nobody fucking gives Geralt a map and lets him pick who rules what like say DAI does.
>>
File: HoS.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
HoS.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>321487184
The Witcher 3 > Bloodborne > GTAV = Fallout 4 > MGSV
>>
>>321492628
Witcher 3 is far from a game, don't blame the medium.

2015 was a shit year. Games have changed.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 800x400
>>321492519
>Le Witcher is bad meme
But if it won GOTY awards it MUST be good! Isn't that what you've been saying about Skyrim?

What's the matter anon?
>>
>>321492625
How the fuck did you level to 53? Did you do it on ng+?
>>
>>321492728
Ah, well, I think the series was long overdue some bare-faced positivism. It's generally cynical as hell.
>>
>>321492428
So exactly like the Catalyst then :^).

But I guess it's ok when Bioware does it.
>>
>>321492752

>What's the issue with some guy who's only capable in cutscenes? And is hyped up to be your nemesis and a super badass? And wields a fucking Katanna?

So what's the problem?

>Gee anon I don't know, why do people laugh at Coldsteel?

Nice argument. I'm still not seeing a problem. Tell me what makes him objectively bad.

>Except he doesn't. He helps the winner win but he has no say in the actual crowning. Compare that to another Bioware game, Origins, where you literally get to choose between Anora or Alistair. I bet you loved that you fucking hypocrite.

I'm not arguing shitty Dragon Age faggot.

>Which she does only if you take her to meet Emhyr, and clear all opposition by letting Emhyr win, which is already OOC for Geralt. If you're playing close to Book Geralt you don't go there.

Haha, nice damage control. If you're playing book none of this game would be canon.

>Except once again you're retarded. Geralt chooses whether or not to save Roche

Or assassinate a fucking king faggot, name one time in the books he willingly agrees to slaughtering a fucking king. He borderline didn't do it in Witcher 2 when he was literally forced.

Stop deflecting to shitty Dragon Age games. if you wanna compare achievements of CDPR and Bioware you bet your ass you'll lose, badly.
>>
>>321492928
I think the books ended with the right amount of positivism while still being depressing. At least for me the third game's ending was too happy.
>>
I'm still waiting for all the dlc or whatever to come out before even playing it for the first time.
I don't play unfinished games unless they are online.
>>
>>321492428
Kinda reminds me of when I United the geth and quarians and Bioware refused to let me bring that up when Casper started rambling on about how synthetics will always win the war against organics.
>>
File: Le CDPR meme.jpg (875 KB, 3032x1150) Image search: [Google]
Le CDPR meme.jpg
875 KB, 3032x1150
>>321492884

Yea, it's good. Not Skyrim (221 GoTYs) or ME2 (100+ gotys) good tho.

>>321493006

No, i'm saying both games endings were handeled poorly. Difference is nobody gave a fuck about the Witcher series's story because it was so inconsistent, misguided and flat out fucking boring (and that's to all the 10 people that made it past Act 2 in the Witcher 1, lmfao) that nobody even questioned how that mediocre series would end.
>>
>>321487184
Just replayed the original game + hearts of stone expansion.

Yeah original game played better after patching, and Hearts of stone was a true expansion for 10$ which is impressive these days.

It was my GOTY the whole time. I knew nothing else would come close to this level of immersion and over time I was proven right. Which is why the shitposters are extra furious towards this title now.
>>
>>321492921
yes, hence, again.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 491x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 491x450
>>321493028
>So what's the problem?
You need to be 18 to use this site.
>Stop deflecting to shitty Dragon Age games. if you wanna compare achievements of CDPR and Bioware you bet your ass you'll lose, badly.
>Stop comparing Bioware and CDPR games :^(, you can't do that when talking about Bioware and CDPR games!
>>
File: 10942194291.png (68 KB, 609x460) Image search: [Google]
10942194291.png
68 KB, 609x460
>>321493161

>I United the geth and quarians and Bioware refused to let me bring that up when Casper started rambling on about how synthetics will always win the war against organics.

How do you know they wouldn't go back into war? They are literally united for less than a week, how do you know after the Reapers got rekt (if they got rekt legit, no bullshit star child) that they wouldn't completely go at it?

It's blatant William Gibson esque themes you swine, go back to reading your Twilight tier romance fanfiction made by a fat bitter hack and stay away from anything Sci Fi. Just fucking look at this writing, pic related
>>
>>321487184
nope, i won't be replaying it for a long time
it's too damn long

but there was definitely not a better release this year
>>
>>321493229
So Skyrim is better than Mass Effect?
>>
>>321487184
I've been playing it this week. It's a fantastic game, a gem of an RPG in the shit-filled wasteland of the AAA industry. It has a great story, interesting characters, amazing grafix, a world that doesn't feel empty and flat, no microtransaction bullshit with expansions that are actually expansions, and it actually has RPG mechanics as opposed to shitout 4. The combat gets stale but other than that I'd say it definitely deserves to be game of the year.
>>
>>321493313

>You need to be 18 to use this site.

Nice argument.

>Stop comparing Bioware and CDPR games :^(, you can't do that when talking about Bioware and CDPR games!

No, you deflected to a completely separate franchise and literally attacked a straw man. Nobody tried to defend Dragon Age, I always hated that MMO tier trash.

All fantasy fiction is low tier.
>>
>>321491160
Are you implying there aren't stealth mechanics and options more complex than in almost all recent stealth games?
>>
>>321493229
>Difference is nobody gave a fuck about the Witcher series's story
Yet here you are. And you've been making more Witcher threads than any Witcherfag. So looks like someone cares.
>>
>>321493436

By those statistics, yes.
>>
>>321493413
>How do you know they wouldn't go back into war? They are literally united for less than a week, how do you know after the Reapers got rekt (if they got rekt legit, no bullshit star child) that they wouldn't completely go at it?
How does Casper know they will? Was it not him that said this cycle was different?
>Comparing ME to Gibson
How delusional can one person be?
>>
>>321493546

>Yet here you are. And you've been making more Witcher threads than any Witcherfag. So looks like someone cares.

Never made this thread family.
>>
File: 1451016540663.png (629 KB, 570x691) Image search: [Google]
1451016540663.png
629 KB, 570x691
>>321487184
-Easy, monotonous combat
-shit movement, geralt/horses gets stuck on everything
-shit enemy targeting, camera way too delayed/slow
-quen breaks the game
-crossbows entirely useless and waste upgrade slots
-alchemy/oils not even worth crafting except for health/nightvision potions
-no stamina loss for sidestepping
-swords degrade too fast, cheap to repair, so just an annoyance
-hairworks is shit
-Final boss is underwhelming, much less difficult than the general you fight on the mountain

Nobody plays the witcher for gameplay, and the gameplay was the weakest point of the game. That being said the story/aesthetic was great. I usually don't care about story but TW3 had a pretty good one which made the lackluster gameplay tolerable.

Possibly GOTY. Definitely open world game of the year.
>>
>>321493639

>How does Casper know they will? Was it not him that said this cycle was different?

Because he has seen it happen literally every cycle. He says it.

>How delusional can one person be?

That's literally a Gibson theme, are you retarded? Where did I compare the quality? Gibson themes always fall back on the "what is Artificial intelligence", "what does it take to be human" and in this case "why can society and AIs never coexist". All forms of media take inspiration from similar things, the good shit and the terrible shit.

taking themes =/= as good as Gibson
>>
How do I git gud at Gwent?
>>
>>321493503
Except our discussion was about and I quote you:
>. if you wanna compare achievements of CDPR and Bioware you bet your ass you'll lose, badly.
Guess what moron, DAO is one of Bioware's "achievements". So if we're comparing achievements I can bring it up.
>No, you deflected to a completely separate franchise and literally attacked a straw man. Nobody tried to defend Dragon Age, I always hated that MMO tier trash.
>>
>>321493586
That's fucking retarded. ME2 is a better RPG than Skyrim, and I think ME2 is barely an RPG. At least ME2 still has classes.

Anyone who uses Metacritic as the be all end all is a retard.
>>
>>321493785

>Guess what moron, DAO is one of Bioware's "achievements". So if we're comparing achievements I can bring it up.

I said that after you brought up Dragon Age faggot.
>>
>>321493772
>happen literally every cycle. He says it.
You mean like when Sovereign enlisted the geth, deliberately starting the exact conflict the Catalyst is supposed to prevent?
>>
>>321493778
Use the nilfgaard deck or northern realms deck.
>>
File: 1388869093837.jpg (6 KB, 215x204) Image search: [Google]
1388869093837.jpg
6 KB, 215x204
>>321487184
>Does the game still hold up?
>Months old game
>>
>>321493914
Yeah dumbass, you protested it by saying we were discussing Bioware's achievements when DAO is one of their fucking achievements. Your protest makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>321493939

>You mean like when Sovereign enlisted the geth, deliberately starting the exact conflict the Catalyst is supposed to prevent?

Catalyst isn't supposed to prevent conflict, they the fuck are you on about? The catalyst is nothing more than a code made by the levithan that controls the Reapers that essentially lets everything go to shit and then comes in and starts a new. The Geth were used just as the Collectors, the reapers hold no bias to machine or organic.
>>
>>321494030

>Yeah dumbass, you protested it by saying we were discussing Bioware's achievements when DAO is one of their fucking achievements. Your protest makes no fucking sense

What the fuck are you talking about? I told you not to deflect to a completely separate game and then you said it was our discussion the whole time when it wasn't.

Do you want to compare life time achievements or something? Bioware would win with the Mass Effect series alone, let alone Baldur's Gate, KOTOR, Neverwinter Night etc
>>
>>321494057
>Catalyst isn't supposed to prevent conflict, they the fuck are you on about?
Are you retarded?
>Catalyst: A construct. An intelligence designed eons ago to solve a problem. I was created to bring balance. To be the Catalyst for peace between organics and synthetics.
>>
Are there mods that make the combat and controls better?
>>
>>321494241

What the fuck are you even arguing? You started off by saying that "How would the Catalyst know" and I gave you an answer (that is in the very quote you just cited from wiki) and then you rambeled on about something that had Soverign using the Geth as pawns?

The Geth already rebelled with the Quarians before Soverign was ever involved (showing that the Catalysts observations are 100% true. Quarians made the Geth and the Geth rebelled), seriously, the fuck is your argument?
>>
>>321493676
You pretty much summed it up.

"Bowling with Roman" kind of activities would really make difference to this game, right now cities are pseudo-lively, npc really do nothing but stand and walk around.
>>
>>321494376
They changed the controls scheme. Geralt now turns on a dime.
>>
>>321494159
>Baldur's Gate
They had Black Isle helping them
>KOTOR
Making a successful game out of one of the most popular franchises of all time isn't very impressive. The Star Wars name sells on that alone. Witcher does not enjoy the same prestige making it more of an achievement when they are successful.
>Inb4 Witcher is popular in EE
That's fucking nothing compared to Star Wars, and the most important market is the American one, where Witcher had no prescence.
>ME & DA
ME was genuiely impressive at first. I was in awe of the 70s atmosphere, story, and music. But that was all gone by ME3, replaced by orchestra shit and Action mode. There was nothing daring or ambitious about ME3. It was less ambitious than ME2. Least 2 had the SM. DA has always been fairly generic and has had severe identity crisis. DAI was the worst in this regard. Went open-world because of Skyrim, and don't even pretend that wasn't the reason. Finally showed tits after Witcher did it. DA has never pushed boundaries. Hell the whole series was originally based around nostalgia for the old CRPGs (so much for that). It was enjoyable but never groundbreaking.
>>
>>321494430
That there was no fucking genocide of all organics until the Reapers got involved. The Geth stayed in their system and worked on their Dyson sphere, until fucking Soverign got involved. They never tried to kill all organics UNTIL SOCERIGN. The Catalyst literally started the problem he was created to stop. So why should I take his word when the only ducking reason his predictions seem to come true is because HE FUCKING MAKES THEM. Why shouldn't I just ducking kill him?
>>
>>321487184
I've put about 250 hours into the game, I don't plan on playing it again until the Toussaint dlc comes out.
>>
>>321494883

No matter how you spin it, Biowares creations >>>> CDPRs. You cannot damage control this.

CDPR
>Witcher 1 - highly polarizing game that is seen as a 'decent but highly flawed' game (most people, even ahrdcore witcherfags find it literally unplayable),
>Witcher 2 - Seen as superior to witcher 1 but hwen broken down it's ironically worse, plot line is less engaging, feels less Witchery, combat is still aids and you need a mod to fix it and overall another 'meh' game that only cults really enjoyed
>Witcher 3 - best game made by CDPR (many still find the combat/gameplay boring) that still pales in comparison to critical reception received by Mass Effect 2 and even total GoTYs received

The best of CDPR can't even cope with the post-prime Bioware best. Then you have the Baldur's Gate Series ("b-but"), Neverwinter Night games, Jade Empire, Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect Trilogy, KOTOR and you have no excuse. You say KOTOR was critically well received because of the brand but that didn't help Battlefront 3, or the countless other flops and sure as shit doesn't explain the huge critical reception and the fact that it's on every major "Best RPGs of all time" list.

CDPR can't compete. Bioware stumbeled but when your first games were literal GOATs like Baldur's gate then it's going to be hard to maintain that quality, CDPR started off mediocre and worked up to 'meh'. Bioware have been seen as GOAT for decades only to slip up most recently and primarily with one of their more weaker franchises (Dragon Age) and even then Inquisition is more critically acclaimed than both Shitter 1 or 2.
>>
>>321489275
>>you will never do witcher things with Ciri
sounds lewd when u put it that way tbqh
>>
>>321495143

>hat there was no fucking genocide of all organics until the Reapers got involved

The fuck are you talking about nigger. Your damage control and mental gymnasts is blatant. You started off by saying

>"hurr how does le catalyst noes!"
>Because he seen it over countless years
>"hurr but the reapers started teh conflict with the Quarians and Geth"
>Lol, no they fucking didn't. The Geth ran the Quarian out of their home planet years before the Reapers became a thing in this whole Saga

Seriously, what are you arguing? Do you think that the Reapers only come when organics/synthetics start to fight/commit genocide or something? Because if so then that's so fucking wrong, they come after a specific time period (essentially when organics reach a certain evolutionary limit) as programmed by the Leviathans who designed them to stop Organics/Synthetics from getting so powerful/advanced enough to wipe out all life (Leviathans were essentially scared for their own lives). The Reapers then began operating around the 50,000 cycle as that was when most organics had reached the Citadel and essentially reached that genetic limit.

You are so off field with your argument that even you don't know what you're fucking arguing.
>>
>>321495143

What are you talking about? The Reapers never got involved with the Quarian/Geth conflict? That happened on its own and even carried on when the Reapers were fucking invading in Mass Effect 3? Did you play ME2 and ME3? The Quarians were planning to retake their planet the whole time showing that Organics and Synthetics WILL always fight each other.
>>
>>321495365
>CDPR started off mediocre and worked up to 'meh'.
Except that's not at all how they're perceived, no matter how much you hate them. W3 is very highly regarded, even on shitholes like Codex. They're well on their way to being as popular as Bioware and Bethesda. If Cyberpunk is a success then they'll be firmly established as a big name dev.

If they aren't a success why do you seem so threatened by them? Why would you argue about their games on this site? If you want to see a real drop out go look at Obsidian these days. They're basically in life support having to work on shovelware to get by. The recent announcement that they're working on a AAA RPG has me hopeful they can make a comeback though
>>
>>321495143

I don't think you know what the Reapers or Catalyst is.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Catalyst

>The Catalyst determined that organics create synthetics to improve their own existence, but those improvements have limits. To exceed those limits, synthetics must be allowed to evolve. They must, by definition, surpass their creators. The result is inevitable chaos and destruction, so the Catalyst chose to resolve the problem of organic-synthetic conflict by putting in place a system which would prevent any civilization from reaching such a point.

This all proved to be true as this is literally identical to what happened to the Quarian and Geth, like no exaggeration, it happens identically to this. Tali explains it in ME1. Quarians make Geht to help with mundane tasks, Quarians slowly upgrade the Geths more and more to make them more efficient until the Geth get smart enough to overthrow their own creators.
>>
File: 8636.jpg (48 KB, 878x814) Image search: [Google]
8636.jpg
48 KB, 878x814
>>321492019
>le bait meme!!
>>
>>321496158

>Except that's not at all how they're perceived,

They're percieved as solid developers after Witcher 3s success. Witcher 1 and 2 were more or less niche titles.

>m. W3 is very highly regarded, even on shitholes like Codex. They're well on their way to being as popular as Bioware and Bethesda.

Not even fucking close, nothing you say will even come close to convincing otherwise. You're going to need more than one breakthrough game to beat Biowares Baldur's Gates, KOTOR, Mass Effect trilogy (more commercially and critically successful than Witcher btw), Dragon Age series, Neverwinter Nights or Bethesdas Goliath Elder Scrolls and Fallout series.

> If Cyberpunk is a success then they'll be firmly established as a big name dev.

Nobody is arguing this? They already are a big name developer.

>If they aren't a success why do you seem so threatened by them?

Nice strawman, you started the comparisons to Biowares other franchises pleb, don't switch the tables after getting BTFO
>>
>>321496404
>Not even fucking close, nothing you say will even come close to convincing otherwise. You're going to need more than one breakthrough game to beat Biowares Baldur's Gates, KOTOR, Mass Effect trilogy (more commercially and critically successful than Witcher btw), Dragon Age series, Neverwinter Nights or Bethesdas Goliath Elder Scrolls and Fallout series.
Too bad Bioware blew all their goodwill with DA2, TOR, and ME3.
>>
>>321496820
>Too bad Bioware blew all their goodwill with DA2, TOR, and ME3.

Maybe to dank memesters on /v/. Didn't stop ME from outselling the Witcher saga and didn't stop ME:Andromeda from getting more trailer views in 5 months than Witcher 3s trailer managed to get in over a year.
>>
>>321496976
>Maybe to dank memesters on /v/. Didn't stop ME from outselling the Witcher saga and didn't stop ME:Andromeda from getting more trailer views in 5 months than Witcher 3s trailer managed to get in over a year.
Which one? The teaser that's sitting at 4 million while Killing Monsters teaser is at 5?

And are you talking about ME trilogy pack or whatever the fuck it's called? Post some numbers anon.
>>
File: d.jpg (94 KB, 3291x255) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
94 KB, 3291x255
>>321497351

Sword of Destiny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtVdAasjOgU

Shit Andromeda is already on 4.9 million? It was 4.5 a few days ago. ;^)

>And are you talking about ME trilogy pack or whatever the fuck it's called? Post some numbers anon.

No, overall franchise sales (trilogy essentially), pic related
>>
>>321497351

Also, the "Killing Monsters" is 2 years.
>>
>>321492445
If you use the word "contrarian," you're literally an idiot. It's an invented concept by idiots with childish sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal.

It's a troubling manifestation of millennials' mental weakness. Seriously, the only people who would even entertain any "argument" involving the concept of being "contrarian" are weak, lazy idiots who can't deal with criticism substantively.

If it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre mass-marketed work designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like Star Wars, The Witcher 3, pop music, etc., you should find a safe bubble and stay there. Or kill yourself.
>>
>>321497551
>Shit Andromeda is already on 4.9 million? It was 4.5 a few days ago. ;^)
And Cyberpunk 2077 teaser is at 8 million.
>No, overall franchise sales (trilogy essentially), pic related
>Sales before ME3 were good!
No shit retard. Did you not read my post? I said Bioware squandered a lot of goodwill with DA2, TOR, and ME3. Saying the previous ME's before 3 sold well and that 3 sold well doesn't prove Jack shit. Even /v/ liked ME before 3. It was only after 3 opinion soured.
>>
>>321497632
And it's been at 5 million for a while. Rather impressive for a series that was literally who tier until recently. Really puts MEA in perspective when it's now on the same tier as Witcher.
>>
Every Witcher thread turns into a dumb BioWare vs CDPR fanboy war because this one faggot can't stop bringing up Mass Effect for some reason. Even more sad he lurks for any thread barely related to Witcher to post his shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 449x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 449x236
>>321497636
Careful you don't cut yourself on that edge.
>>
>>321498112
Not to mention all the ME:A shill threads he makes. I hope he gets paid by the post. I'd hate to think he does it for free.
>>
>>321497910

>And Cyberpunk 2077 teaser is at 8 million.

It also came out in January 2013.

>No shit retard. Did you not read my post? I said Bioware squandered a lot of goodwill with DA2, TOR, and ME3. Saying the previous ME's before 3 sold well and that 3 sold well doesn't prove Jack shit. Even /v/ liked ME before 3. It was only after 3 opinion soured

ME3 sold the most you idiot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect

>"Before the release of the third game, the series sold a total of 7 million copies worldwide."

It literally sold 7 million copies (over). ME1 didn't sell too good because of exclusivity, same with ME2 (only for both to later release on Sony)
>>
>>321497636

I stopped reading after your first sentence as I felt I could pretty much 100% predict how low quality your post was gonna be.

But let me help you out.

Contrarian is a word that means:

> opposing or rejecting popular opinion or current practice.

To expand upon that:

> A contrarian is a person who takes up a contrary position, a person who seems to be "contrary for the sake of being contrary," especially a position that is opposed to that of the majority, regardless of how unpopular it may be.

In other words to argue for sake of arguing.

It's like saying "well .. to play the devils advocate" which pretty much unanimously results in massive eye rolling as you expound on why niggers are inferior to whites under the protection of "just making an argument bro".
>>
>>321498112
I think it's the one anon who used to always shit on the witcher 3 and would always make threads about mgs vs the witcher and fallout vs the witcher and post about how the witcher 3 would never win goty. Looks like he has now moved onto mass effect vs the witcher.
>>
>>321491606
>Catalyst shoots energy throughout the galaxy (through the usage of the Crucible which works with the Citadel) which produces unimaginable energy to the point that it can rewrite genetic code as created by the Leviathans. Child boy explains it.
which version of Child Boy. You forget Bioware has changed that shit 3 times to account for how fucking terrible it was the first time around.
>>
>>321498047

>Rather impressive for a series that was literally who tier until recently. Really puts MEA in perspective when it's now on the same tier as Witcher.

What are you talking about? Mass Effect trilogy has around two million more unit sales and already surpassed it in views trailer wise a whole 6~ months earlier?
>>
>>321498318
Yep he's the same fag using Metacritic scores. He shits on Obsidian now too. I thought all the Biodrones left.
>>
>>321492076
Every ass effect game is boring
>>
>>321498357
Except it still hasn't surpassed KM :^)

Oh I love how you don't talk about how the more recent trailer only has 1 million fucking views. Even W3's Expansion trailer has more views.
>>
>>321498546

Less so than every witcher game.
>>
>>321498579
Not really Biodrone.
>>
>>321492760
That's fucking nice looking armor, I'm a sucker for the dark black trenchcoats with embroiled patterns on them.

Can you or someone tell me the name of that armor set? I'm currently level 34 and I'm getting close to the final mission but I still have lots of side shit to do, is that a witcher armor set? Like from one of the schools?
>>
File: hahahahaha.jpg (98 KB, 425x300) Image search: [Google]
hahahahaha.jpg
98 KB, 425x300
>>321498560

>comparing a 2 year old trailer to a 5 month old one because a 1 year gap apparently wasn't enough of an advantage

Oh my :^)

>Oh I love how you don't talk about how the more recent trailer only has 1 million fucking views

It's not even a trailer you idiot, it's the N7 day, they do it every year.

If you wanna start playing this shit then here's CDPRs equivalent https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS6FxFI7G5o

>200k views
>>
>>321487184
no
no
no
>>
>>321498675

Yes really CDog
>>
>>321495365
You do realize you are literally pointing out why Bioware is shit right?

CDPR a publisher and developer that literally no one but niche "muh games" gamers knew about is as successful as Bioware backed by the strongest RPG catalog in vidya and fucking EA.
>>
File: w3.png (137 KB, 620x495) Image search: [Google]
w3.png
137 KB, 620x495
>Another Witcher 3 shilling thread
The game was dogshit
>>
>>321498282
Me3 is also the one that everyone hates
>>
>>321498579
At least the witcher has a decent story
>>
File: kekm8.png (348 KB, 1535x703) Image search: [Google]
kekm8.png
348 KB, 1535x703
>>321498886

Same, played the whole series (pic related) and it's fucking mediocre as fuck. Witcher 3 was 'decent' at best.

KOTOR 2 > Mass Effect > Dragon Age Origins > power gap > Witchershit
>>
>>321492760
Is that the School of the Bear armor set? I tried looking it up and it kind of looks similar to it.
>>
>>321499040

Nope
see:
>>321491156
>>321488689
>>321488173
>>321492519
>>
>>321498868

>CDPR a publisher and developer that literally no one but niche "muh games" gamers knew about is as successful as Bioware

But they literally aren't, you're just spreading memes. Bioware started off just like CDPR but instead of making two mediocre games that were borderline unplayable they made Baldur's Gate (GOAT) franchise, Neverwinter Night (GOAT), KOTOR (GOAT) and even their post prime works like the Mass Effect trilogy is more highly rated than anything CDPR have made.

CDPR started off mediocre, Bioware didn't start off as big corporate giants you faggot.
>>
>>321499114
>>321498886
Samefag>>321499040
>>
File: lmfao.jpg (388 KB, 1065x1366) Image search: [Google]
lmfao.jpg
388 KB, 1065x1366
>>321499459

>this is the Witcher fanbase

Not surprised tbqh
>>
File: you caught me.jpg (125 KB, 1348x479) Image search: [Google]
you caught me.jpg
125 KB, 1348x479
>>321499502

2 seconds in paint amirite?
>>
File: Goddess.jpg (245 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Goddess.jpg
245 KB, 1920x1080
>>321499459
Why did someone animated my waifu sucking off a little kid, fuck you people she is pure.
>>
File: 1433241225610.jpg (324 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1433241225610.jpg
324 KB, 1920x1080
>>321499550
I can't help it. I just want to hate-fuck Yennefer because she's such a miserable and untrustworthy bitch.
>>
I do, but I also do not.

Mainly because just the main story is like 40 hours, and even if you skip all the shitty PoIs on the map the side content is another 10-20 hours easily.
>>
>>321498886
>>321499114
>>321499631

Right, the exact same account and achievements and you try to pass it off as two different people. Holy fuck your pathetic attempts at being multiple people is hilariously bad. Go to sleep, you're clearly too tired to shitpost.
>>
>>321499917

You can't see the achievements in my picture? are you retarded?

>>321499114 = Me. I screencapped GoG with the thread in the background you fucking autist, holy shit. His version is pathced, mines isn't even installed, kek
>>
File: kekm82.png (479 KB, 1082x581) Image search: [Google]
kekm82.png
479 KB, 1082x581
>>321499917

Here's my version family.

>le boogeyman
>"n-nobody can think this mediocre game is mediocre!"
>>
File: 400__mad.png (276 KB, 421x321) Image search: [Google]
400__mad.png
276 KB, 421x321
>>321487981
How has this game held up so well for everyone?

>Boring story
>Boring landscape
>Clunky combat
>No back story from previous installments

The only redeeming quality in this game is just the graphics. What a waste of time.
>>
File: Badass armor set.jpg (209 KB, 2100x998) Image search: [Google]
Badass armor set.jpg
209 KB, 2100x998
I feel like I played the game wrong, I have literally done no contracts so far in the game. I was planning them all after I beat the game so it'd give me something to do but now I'm over leveled for most of them.

I'm level 34 but by the time I beat the game I'm sure I'll be a higher level, maybe even close to level 40 and my highest level contract is like level 35. I get the feeling you were suppose to do contracts earlier because they give you weapons and armor but whatever....

On a side note I don't know what the best armor and weapons are in the game but fucking bear school armor looks badass and I've seen nothing cooler looking than it. It's funny because I was trying to stay away from heavy armor since it makes you slow and I wanted to stay mobile and have a lot of stamina but I'll gladly give up mobility to look like a badass.

Problem is that I have to fucking go all over the map collecting the diagrams and then I have to collect the upgraded diagrams and then I have to make sure I have all the materials to upgrade the armor and weapons.

Fucking tedious man.....
>>
>>321500085
I have no idea what kind of mental retardness you must have, but it's not working. Same achievements, same account, same played hours and you attempt to pass it off as two people, pathetic. Go shitpost some more, it's hilariously bad and schizophrenic.
>>
>>321500287

Over leveling is unavoidable, literally. There are mods for that shit. CDPR fucked up bad with the difficulty curve in this game. They fucked up bad with the gameplay of this game period, it's boring as fuck
>>
>>321500407
see
>>321500242

You paranoid fucking shill. I don't even have the game installed you damage controlling spic and I have 66% completion, 45 hours and different trophies compared to >>321498886
>>
>>321497636
>invented concept
As opposed to a discovered concept?
>>
>>321493028
You seem to be confusing your opinion with fact, and are attempting to justify it. Please cease and desist immediately before you make an even bigger fool of yourself.

Alternatively kill yourself
>>
>>321500287
Levelling too much is just the natural way of progression if you don't rush the story. You're becomming stronger with your efforts. No one's going to the gym for 2 years and says, "Shit, I've been bulking too much I wish the gym wouldn't give me results". Depending on your level, enemies also get variants that are considerably stronger than their regular forms. Such as the color of Nekkers (Blue, Red, Black, Violet, etc).
>>
>>321500409
Well I figured over leveling was unavoidable especially when some story missions give you enough exp for 2-3 level ups at once. I noticed I was leveling up pretty fast, granted I'm not sure how many quests I've completed but I know I still have a lot of contracts and side missions I haven't started yet but I have done quite a few side missions.

I disagree with the gameplay, I'm never bored when playing the game and I find it entertaining.
>>
>>321500259
The kid is like what? eight?

I guess some animator was like "Oh man I really want to see Yen sucking off a little kid, that's fucking hot."
>>
>>321500736
Well I'm level 34 but I have no idea what the max level is, I thought it was 50 but someone said it goes to 60.

Does level cap increase with DLC? Because I haven't bought any of the DLC yet.
>>
>>321500878
Geralt is only a cuck if you pick dialogue options that make him sound like a cuck, you literally have the option to tell Yen to go fuck herself by breaking up with her.

Or you can play the game as a cuck and submitting to Yen's every command, same for Triss. I'll admit Geralt does seem to get cucked by all the females he works with but he does fuck Triss, Yennefer and Kira so can't be a complete cuck when he is banging three super hot sorceresses.
>>
>>321487287
There was a shit-ton of content in Witcher 3. I remember clearing other games like Fallout 4 and Pillars of Eternity too quickly.

Sadly like most rpgs, there is not much incentive to replay it anytime soon.
>>
>>321501043
The game only gives you dialogue options that make you sound like a cuck. With Triss you have more variety, but whenever you face Yen in vanilla, it gives you 4 choices that all side with her or becomming her guinea pig. The only times you can actually defy her is with the djinn quest and the stronghold defense (where she teleports you to the middle of the sea). That's about it, Yennefer forces the player to be a cuck.
>>
>>321499550
does anyone have those yen pics saved in higher res
>>
>>321500812
>I guess some animator was like "Oh man I really want to see Yen sucking off a little kid, that's fucking hot."
Yes that's exactly what happened actually. Excellent deduction, anon.
>>
>>321501043
>>321501245
A pussywhipped dude is not a cuck. Fucking pick up a dictionary. Geralt would be a cuck if Yennefer decided to suck off Lambert and take his dick in her ass in front of Geralt's eyesight. That's what cuckolding is.
>>
>>321501245
you get teleported for refusing to apologize for fucking triss not for anything to do with the stronghold defense
>>
>>321501532
>apologizing for fucking someone that tricked you

That's what a cuck would do.

>>321501526

Stop trying to justify being a cuck.
>>
>>321501270
http://rule34hentai.net/post/list/rating%3Ae%20the_witcher/1
>>
>>321493676

you forgot to list the Game doesn't suck your dick
>>
Yes, can't wait for another expansion
>>
>>321487287
Witcher 3 has actually too much content. It could have done a lot more with less.
>>
>>321488173
W3>ME1>W1>ME2>W2>ME3
>>
>>321506328
>too much content
and even with a meaty SP it never feels like the story arcs or character overstay their welcome and its enjoyable the whole way through
>>
>>321487184
Everything after kaer mohren sucks ass
Expansion is good tho
>>
>>321488173
Implying a shitty romance-action-adventure sci-fi game with a side dish of RPG can be compared to an action-rpg set in a fantasy land inspired by Poland and it's neighbours with their mythology.
>>
>still hold up
It's been like 6 months dumb fucker.

>>321487287
>endgame
This isn't an MMO where you hit the cap and grind endgame.
>>
>>321487184

Witcher 3 doesn't have any replayability, so why would I ever touch it again?

You play it once and never touch it again. I was severely disappointed with the outcome of my """choices""" at the end, none of which actually impacted the gameplay but rather just changed a shitty slideshow and the very final minutes of the game.

I'm not done with the dlc yet but I don't know if I will. I have already lost interest.
>>
>>321506328

What it could have done away with is the open world. I can't name a more pointless open world than the one in this game. Literally done just because it's the latest casual pandering fad because "MUH SKYRIM". The terrible loot system of this game alone kills any reason to explore any of the ctrl+c ctrl+v points of interest with a clean shot to the face. It should have kept the same witcher 2 formula. This way it would have its content more condensed instead of dilluted in a diarrhea of padding and filler garbage when it didn't need any.
>>
>>321506620
>and even with a meaty SP it never feels like the story arcs or character overstay their welcome

Except for everything past Kaer Morhen. The entire act 3 was pure garbage and the pacing and overall quality of the story take a gigantic nosedive in it. It felt rushed in comparison to the rest.
>>
>>321489275
>Ciri

Anyone else wish she didn't exist and that the story revolved around something else? Her character was so fucking shitty. Felt like a fucking spoiler american teenager throwing bitch tantrums because "waaaaa I wanna fight the big monsters tooo even though this will endanger the entire world waaaa :((((". Fucking mary sue.
>>
Finished it twice second time round for the dlc

Going to go for a third play through when the next dlc releases
>>
>>321509507
You are in fact ____not____ wrong
>>
>>321493676
>-Easy, monotonous combat
Bullshit. Play on Death March, man.
inb4 i played on hardest difficulty and still found it difficult, anon!
Good for you, but most people aren't autistic hardcore players. Personally, I think it's a great balance and the fact that the game limits your build is great for strategy since you can't just grind and learn everything.
-shit movement, geralt/horses gets stuck on everything
Welcome to open world games.
-shit enemy targeting, camera way too delayed/slow
I agree on that.
-quen breaks the game
All signs can break the game if you know how to use them. Except Aard.
-crossbows entirely useless and waste upgrade slots
Except underwater and flying enemies. And it's great to penetrate defenses on human enemies.
-alchemy/oils not even worth crafting except for health/nightvision potions
Not really. Sword improving oils are essential on Death March.
-no stamina loss for sidestepping
How is this bad? It's purposely done like this so that you know when to sidestep and when to roll, because some attacks will hit you even if you sidestep.
-swords degrade too fast, cheap to repair, so just an annoyance
Exactly. Since you don't have a hub, you need to go back to town every once in a while to buy alcohol and repair shit. Witcher lyfe
-hairworks is shit
Agree.
-Final boss is underwhelming, much less difficult than the general you fight on the mountain
Nah, mate. Imlerith is a joke. That one asshole who uses magic is much worse. Eredin is not bad either on the hardest difficulty.
>>
This game would have been perfected if cdpr weren't starved for casual money.

They didn't show any ambition in it. They just rode in every fad, from trying to ride skyrim's fame (the world if 5 times bigger than skyrim's!!!! Le arrow to le knee!!!! xD), through inserting pop references to pretty much every fucking thing in existence from monty python to game of thrones, to inserting in as much handholding as humanly possible. Seriously, what the fuck was up with that? Every quest is built around following trails that are also marked on your minimap and whose final destination is highlighted on your map, then you have the "press x to see everything that matters" mechanic known as witcher senses, quicksave, Quen to forgive every single possible mistake you could possibly make without any punishment for over-abuse (they could have made something like a toxicity bar for signs, since they already raped the lore by adding in a crossbow), difficulty that takes a nosedive because you quickly overlevel everything and an open world that serves no purpose aside from looking pretty because exploring it is meaningless and pointless.

This game could have so ambitious. They could have done like the souls series did and ditched minimaps, saves and whatnot in an ocean of handholding and made a true comeback to oldschool rpgs. They had more than enough marketing to pull it off and convince the casuals to buy it as well without necessarily needing to pander to them. We could have had morrowind style quests again when you actually need to read things and thing about what you're gonna do, explore ON YOUR OWN instead of having 52349085723948 fucking arrows saying "go here you fucking retard!" and no punishment whatsoever for any mistake. The game is all about making choices but instead having an automatic saving system like souls does for example, you just "make your choice", then quickload and see the other results.

This shit is the assassin's creed of rpgs. Even got downgraded.
>>
>>321495365
Even Witcher II is miles better than any Dragon Age game.

And Mass Effect Trilogy is mostly praised because it was babby's first CRPG on consoles.
>>
>>321510215
>Good for you, but most people aren't autistic hardcore players.

Are you seriously fucking implying that witcher is a fucking hardcore experience now?

Jesus fucking christ just how fucking old are you? Was an xbox 360 your first console or something? Go fuck yourself dude.
>>
>>321487184
Played through it a second time when HoS arrived, it was fucking great again, will play it for the third time when B&W arrives
>>
Since I'm a Polack I bought it on release and I still haven't forced myself to go further than the first quest with Keira Metz.

Jesus fucking christ, combat is so atrocious that I can't even enjoy the story. When do the "amazing characters" start appearing in the game?
>>
>>321510215
Only thing you need for Death March are perks in light attacks. Then you just spam.

I donmt understand how "welcome to open world games" excuses retarded controls and shit movement.
>>
>>321510215
Final boss is literally two hits, block, teleport. Sometimes comet attack or this magic shit on the ground.
>>
File: witcher3 2015-12-25 19-10-00-51.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2015-12-25 19-10-00-51.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1440
>>321487184
I'm waiting for Wine
>>
>decided to replay the game using a guide to save ciri
>did everything except hugging her
>got a bad ending
>witcherfags will defend this
>>
File: witcher3 2015-12-21 21-50-44-62.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2015-12-21 21-50-44-62.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>
>>321488173

ME1 and 2 were on par with Witcher 1 and 2, then ME3 completely shit the bed.
>>
I had so much fun during the auction section in HoS.
>>
>>321488173
Who is butthurt and autistic enough to make these sort of images?
>>
>>321510986
>cheated with a guide and still fucked up

Wow you suck anon
>>
People saying it's bad are literally meme-ing.

It's fine if it's not your cup of tea but it is a fucking masterpiece.
>>
>>321506439
for me it's like

W1>ME1>W3>W2>ME2>ME3
>>
>>321511548
How a game with such a bad gameplay can be called a masterpiece?

"Godtier" characters are funny because
1. They want to drink
2. They swear in "funny" ways
3. Some bad pun about fucking

Most of the bossfights are ruined by retarded voiceacting and bad gameplay. Also, taking out a boss in 8 hits is a fucking joke.

I'm 7 hours into the game and I can't fucking play it anymore. Most of the sidequests are

1. INVESTIGATE X WITH UR WITCHUR SENSES
2. Find an item
3. Talk to a NPC
4. Go back to this location
5. Kill something
6. Talk to a NPC

I was expecting a masterpiece, got a generic AAA RPG that gave me some nostalgic feels about the books I read sometime ago.
>>
>>321511548
>everyone who disagrees with my shit taste is memeing!

Fuck off.
>>
>>321491156
>That is a flat out lie. Compare Sarens motivations (indoctrinated to the point that he genuinely thought he could synthesize synthetic and organic life), or the Illusive Man in ME2 and ME3 or even the machine like reapers who had relatable motivations (to stop Organics/Synthetics from essentially wiping each other out).

The entire ME saga was destroyed for me in a matter of ~5 minutes it took to character assasinate Illusive Man. For the entire 2 games he is portrayed as someone who is always one step ahead of Shepard, but has the same goal. Yet at the end we get the "Zomg indoctrinatored NAO" spiel once again, which pretty much nulled anything that was done against Cerberus.

I was kind of expecting an epic mexican standoff on the citadel at the end - between Harby, IM and Shepard - yet got _that_.

I don't mind the clumsy ending, but the rape of IM was inexcusible. For me it was the day Bioware died.
>>
>>321492076
Moar leik:
TW3 = ME2 > TW2 > ME1 = ME3 >> TW1
>>
>>321492163
Regis will regenerate, but it would, supposedly, take him a century or two.
Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.