[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gonna play through the ENTIRE ME series for the first time/ Femshep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
File: me2tv_shepard_01.jpg (295 KB, 1277x720) Image search: [Google]
me2tv_shepard_01.jpg
295 KB, 1277x720
Gonna play through the ENTIRE ME series for the first time/
Femshep or male shep?
Best romance?
other than "don't", what are some do's and don'ts?
(you can also just ignore me and talk about Andromeda I won't mind)
>>
Everyone must do a full Renegade Maleshep.
>>
FemShep is best Shep. Paragon makes a hell of a lot more sense than Renegade. Liara is best romance option for FemShep.
>>
Male shep. Renegade is generally more enjoyable if only because of hilariously dickish you are at times. Liara is in all of the games so going for that blueberry pie is going to make romance a bit more consistent.
Soldier class was pretty decent in the first game but go as vanguard for the other two. It's easily the most fun playstyle.
>>
Tali was my favorite. They ruined her in ME3
>>
Does anyone know how long the Origin sale will last? I haven't bought 3 yet. And is there a difficulty I should play on? The hardest isn't annoying is it?
>>
I personally would go with Renegade femshep because Jennifer Hale is a hell of a lot better than Mark Meer.
>>
>>321483985

Hardcore is doable first playthrough, but some mobs are fucking retarded bullet sponges. Krogan battlemasters with immunity is insanely annoying.

It's almost mandatory to run adept/wrex team.

Once you reach 50 as an Adept, insane difficulty is a joke, even with all the immunity mobs.
>>
>>321483985

I played ME3 on hardest as a vanguard and it was fine. ME3 has a lot of stuff wrong with it but the combat as a vanguard on the highest difficulty was really tense, fast paced and fun.
>>
DO NOT CUSTOMIZE THE LOOK.
>>
Are you able to go full lesbo with all of the female cast as fem shepard or is that only available as male shepard?

This question is for ME 1, ME 2, and ME3.

Please respond.
>>
>>321483985

Hard mode is actually pretty tedious in the first one but nicely challenging in the 2nd and 3rd.

As for your original questions things to do(somewhat spoilerish)

Either go full renegade or full paragon always, one missed increase can fuck you over at certain points, if you try and do a bit of both you wont accomplish shit.

In the first one you have an option to leave a team member behind on a planet, the one you leave behind wont be in the 3rd game for reasons.

Wrex is a true bro, never betray him

if you just want to run and gun soldier is the best, but adepts and vanguards are dope as fuck in the 2nd and 3rd game, while engineer or infiltrator is probably the best for hard playthroughs

in the 2nd game make sure to get everyones loyalty, including DLC characters, if theyre loyal to you in the 2nd game, that transfers over to a few cool points in the 3rd game, as well as the ability to pick the best outcome for situations where you either pick shit option a or b

Other then that enjoy the ride, other then the ending of the 3rd game its quite an enjoyable series, people that talk shit about thermal clips are just nitpicking, theres tons of ammo around.

Fuck OP im gonna play these games again(at least the first 2) because of you.
>>
>>321484482
Is it that bad? Are there any good mods?
>>
>>321484107

While I prefer maleshep just because it's how I envision Sheppard, I'll agree with this. Hale does a great renegade, much better than Meer.
>>
File: clip (2015-06-28 at 01.18.07).jpg (40 KB, 500x455) Image search: [Google]
clip (2015-06-28 at 01.18.07).jpg
40 KB, 500x455
>>321484482
faggot alert, ignore this retard
>>
>>321483985
3 isn't really worth it. It has some great moments, but the gameplay and overarching story are SO FUCKING BAD that you will feel ripped off unless you go in expecting to be disappointed.
>>
Stop after the second game, and imagine your own ending.
>>
>>321484560
>>321484604
It's bad. It doesn't matter what you do, Shep will always look cockeyed.
>>
>>321484521

Liara swings both ways, like all Asari. There's one bi human chick in ME2 I think. 3 has a couple more.
>>
File: ss (2015-12-25 at 08.46.48).jpg (77 KB, 681x599) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-12-25 at 08.46.48).jpg
77 KB, 681x599
>>321484826
>>321484482
>mfw people dont make custom shep
>>
>>321484632

1 is my favorite overall but I thought the combat in 3 was the best in the series. Granted I only played through it once as a vanguard so I didn't experience much of the cover shooter side of things.
>>
>>321482959
Fem shep

Lesbian romance if you're into that shit
>>
File: wallpaper-004-femshep-1280x1024.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-004-femshep-1280x1024.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1024
what's wrong with her /v/?
>>
>>321486714
>Red head
>Freckles
>Has no soul
>>
>>321482959
I'm sure you wouldn't Bioshill, you probably get paid per post so since it's Christmas, have this one.
>>
>>321482959
I recommend you read the Revelation Space series instead and pretend Mass Erect doesn't exist.
>>
At leasta pick renegade once in a while for some real comedy gold
>>
Wanna replay as maleshep, but goddamn I fucking hate that VA.
>>
>>321482959
>femshep or maleshep
Doesn't matter, some people prefer fem because of her VA but I thought meer did a fine job

>best romance
Garrus for femshep, tali for maleshep
>>
>>321484541
>infiltrator
>hard

anon pls
>>
>>321484482
>playing as default sheptard
Thanks, no. I don't understand how anyone can look at this shit longer than a few seconds.
>>
>>321488740
I don't like how they handle Tali romance. Too much sex talk, too little cuddles.
>>
File: 1449957629107.jpg (189 KB, 506x332) Image search: [Google]
1449957629107.jpg
189 KB, 506x332
>>321483216

This is correct

>>321483508

This is SJW fucking retardation.
>>
>>321482959
>best romance
don't be a loser who fucks humans. Go get yourself some weird alien strange'
>>
>>321482959
Liara looks and acts really stupid (not in qt way) in ME1, but becomes better as she grows up.
Personally I like original crew much more than any new companion from ME2 or ME3.
>>
>>321482959
MALE SHEP SOUNDS LIKE A BADASS MARINE, FEM SHEP SOUNDS LIKE A HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA QUEEN DO THE MATH

DON'T WORRY ABOUT PARAGON/RENEGADE JUST DO WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT

NO SERIOUSLY IT'S WAY BETTER TO IGNORE MORALITY AND MAKE CHOICES YOU WON'T REGRET

ROMANCE LIST

TOP TIER: JACK, LIARA, KAIDAN, MIRANDA, GARRUS
MEH TIER: THANE, ASHLEY, KELLY, SAM, STEVE
SHIT TIER: TALI, JACOB, DIANA, SAMARA, MORINTH

CLASSES:

SOLDIER IS BEST CLASS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DIE.
ADEPT IS BEST CLASS IF YOU WANT TO DO CRAZY SHIT.
INFILTRATOR IS BEST CLASS IF YOU WANT TO BE THE DPS KING.
VANGUARD IS BEST CLASS IF YOU LIKE LOOKING LIKE A HUGE FUCKING BADASS
SENTINEL IS BEST CLASS IF YOU SUCK AT MAKING DECISIONS
ENGINEER IS BEST CLASS IF FUCK YOU NOBODY PLAYS ENGINEER

THIRD GAME IS FUN IF YOU DON'T RAISE YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE MULTIPLAYER IS REALLY GOOD

IF YOU PLAY ON PC ALL DLC FOR 1 AND 2 AND MOST FOR 3 CAN BE GOTTEN FOR FREE FAIRLY EASILY

ALSO IF YOU PLAY ON PC BE SURE TO FUCK WITH THE .INI FILES TO FIX GARRUS' FACE AND IMPROVE SOME TEXTURES
>>
>>321491369
You say some good things, but your caps lock and aggressive manner makes you look retarded. Any romance lists are shit, btw.
>>
>>321490120
Jennifer Hale is a better VA than Mark Meer, Liara > Kaiden, and renegade is just self sabotaging your mission by being an edgelord.
>>
Everyone has covered everything I could, but if and when you do make it to ME 3 be sure to check out the MP.

It's grindy, but it was damn fun for what it was. Though I'm not sure how alive it is anymore.
>>
>>321492050
Hale is the better VA in general, but Meer's performance fits Shepard's character far better.

Male Shepard sounds like a real guy. A tired, slightly dumb marine who's seen some shit. Female Shepard overreacts to everything. Every line is either packed with EMOTION or tries way too hard to sound snarky and gruff. The end result sounds like a high school girl pretending to be an adult.

And maybe it's because Meer lives in Edmonton and had more availability for re-recordings, but Hale's performance is really inconsistent and spotty as well. Certain lines have weird inflections that are out of place. The best example I can think of is in ME1, after meeting Ashley for the first time Shepard says "move out" to end the dialogue. And male Shep says "move out", but female Shep fucking SCREAMS it in Ashley's face. It's really jarring. Another bad one is in ME2, when female Shep talks to Jacob every single line she says comes out sounding like she's dripping wet, even if you're romancing someone else.
>>
>>321486714
Thought the blonde won?
>>
>>321482959
The only issue in deciding between Paragon and Renegade is you have to pretty much max out one or the other in ME2 in order to get the best results.

As far as romance whatnot goes, I'd say Tali as maleshep. Some comfy dialogue and a date that equates to taking back a planet together, so good times there.

Otherwise, Liara or Garrus as femshep.
>>
>>321491030
I liked the ME1 crew, but I thought that ME2 did a better job at exploring their stories outside of their race and occupation.

Compared to her role in ME2, Tali in the first game felt like more of a codex entry on Quarians than she did as an established character.
>>
>>321493541
Some people raised a hissy fit so their was a secondary vote on hair color.

Pretty sure redhead won by a landslide.
>>
>>321482959
DO:
complete all sidequests
in ME1, there are cut content, quests, upgrades,weapons etc. so get them
spare everyone you can
in ME1, always be fully stocked on grenades and medigel
in ME2, if you have DLC, get Kasumi immediately, then finish her Loyalty mission AFTER your first visit to Illium
in ME2 you will ALWAYS MISS ONE UPGRADE, due to Zaeed's Loyalty Mission. A 2nd playthrough will complete it
ALWAYS GO ON A 2ND PLAYTHROUGH
in ME2, go SOLDIER if you want to get all guns, and therefore get UPGRADED GUNS IN ME3
in ME3, gotta go fast.
in ME3, if legit version, play multiplayer[?] for WAR ASSETS

VANGUARD[has Barrier] is class for close combat w/ casting
SOLDIER[has Electronic Shields] is Max Payne with mines and grenades and ammo types
ADEPT[has Barriers] for full-on caster mode
INFILTRATOR[has Shields] for stealth bonus [damage]
SENTINEL[has Barrier with temporary Armor] for addilitional armor/ammo/casting bonuses
ENGINEER[has Shields] for one choice in ME3, and bonuses to casting and shield regen

You can only have the Armor health bar if you edit the game. Do it if you're bored/on a 2nd playthrough

The games are bugged; get a save editor. It's not cheating, it's for 100% completion.
They have a lot of cut content that can be accessed with an editor. Again, for completion
Spare everyone you can. This may require consulting a guide/FAQ/datamine

DON'T
be a shitter in multiplayer
murderboner every character you see. Except that one girl in ME1 and ME2
bang every crew member
take sides in an argument. Remember, you're on your own side
try to fill both Paragon and Renegade unless you're absolutely sure you can fill 100%, and even then, don't do it in ME1 because your savefile will corrupt itself
be a jackass to Conrad Verner. He's a scientist who will be useful to you
>>
>>321482959
renegade femshep
no romance except boning that reporter chick in 3 and then kicking her off the ship.
>>
>>321494220
>>321482959
also
PLAY INFILTRATOR. it's for ASSETS AND CREDITS. it's also a damn good game, for a mobile/tablet game
>>
>>321494220
>in ME2, if you have DLC, get Kasumi immediately, then finish her Loyalty mission AFTER your first visit to Illium
I'd second this with also saying that Lair o the Shadow Broker is best enjoyed after the Suicide Mission.

There's some easy to miss dialogue about Liara's background with the Shadow Broker if you skip her sidequest and go right to the DLC.
>>
>>321494220
do not actually do any of this

game is piss easy unless you're on insanity, there's no need for 100% completion and no need for a save editor except for unlocking preorder bonuses and definitely no need for a second playthrough just to get an upgrade that does almost nothing and doesn't even count towards 100% upgrade completion

you get all guns in ME2 as any class you just can't equip them, that's what squadmates are for, and guns don't upgrade in ME3 anyways.

I'm interested to know what cut content you're talking about because I've never heard of such a thing

and I can think of two examples off the top of my head where sparing someone is a bad idea
>>
>>321484107

This. Fantastic performance from her, especially in 3 fuck you I liked it
>>
>>321494909
> two examples off the top of my head where sparing someone is a bad idea
I mentioned this. Although I didn't mention the names.
>you get all guns in ME2 as any class you just can't equip them
You cannot get the Revenant if you're not Soldier, and you can't get the Claymore if you're not Vanguard
The cut content refers to dialogue not enabled in ME2 due to the way the "flagging" works in Save File Transfer. Just some shit with Rana Thanoptis and Conrad Verner, and if I remember right(provided the LotSB hasn't been installed yet)some dialogue and credits/Paragade points. One of the cut content's a "joke" upgrade that does nothing except show you a picture of a deer, and yet somehow carries over to ME3.
Well obviously the game is piss easy, especially ME2. 100% completion is if you want that ME3 ending shit or if you're a completionist. Preorder bonuses is on-disc DLC and would require more than save editors I think? something something bat.file unlock along with an xml file
>>
>>321484107
I think Meer comes into his own, it just took him a little longer.

Maleshep in ME1 could be fairly stiff, but I thought the performance felt more comfortable as the series went on.
>>
>>321486714
she isnt impaled by my mile long cum spear
>>
Has there been any news on Andromeda?

Not sure how cautiously optimistic I'm supposed to be yet.
>>
>>321484521
Femshep can bang Liara and Traynor as full romances. There's also Kelly in the second game but she doesn't have as much content.
>>
>>321496389
not much, just speculation about story, and some screenies
>>
>>321486714
Man, that whole voting thing made for some fun threads. Probably the last misogynist thing Bioware ever did.
>>
>>321482959
Learn how to drive the goddamn Mako.

People incessantly bitch about the Mako's handling, but if you actually get a feel for controlling it, you can pull off some pretty badass sweeps of encounters most people have to use shitty hit and run tactics to beat.
>>
File: 1431689298612.jpg (47 KB, 303x566) Image search: [Google]
1431689298612.jpg
47 KB, 303x566
>Key members from the old Bioware are back (Based Drew from the KOTOR days)
>No loading between planetary travel
>Focus on exploration and RPG elements
>Mako is back and revamped

Who /hypeforAndromeda/ here?
>>
>>321493227
>Another bad one is in ME2, when female Shep talks to Jacob every single line she says comes out sounding like she's dripping wet, even if you're romancing someone else.

I can't even talk to him as femshep unless I pick the unrepentant asshole options. The acting and direction of those lines is unbearable.
>>
>>321497359
I just hope there's a solid balance between explorable worlds and story content.

Inquisition looked great, but a lot of the maps didn't have much to find outside of fetch quests and bandit camps.
>>
>>321494220
>and even then, don't do it in ME1 because your savefile will corrupt itself

I just reached full paragon in ME1 right at the end of Virmire. Am I fucked?
>>
>>321497723

That's what they have promised
>>
>>321497359
>Mako is back and revamped
More atmospheric Rachni singing when?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrX22GfT6GU
>>
>>321497851
Only if you also have full Renegade, if not, you're not fucked.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.