[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: hero-1.jpg (47 KB, 652x370) Image search: [Google]
hero-1.jpg
47 KB, 652x370
What went wrong?
>>
>>321479843
Nintendo thought slapping the Wii brand name on a bad product would make it sell.
>>
>>321479843
There are still likely millions of potential consumers who do not know that "Wii U" is a new console and not just a peripheral for the Wii.
>>
>>321480698
3 years into this gen, and you people are still using this excuse. It's time to accept the market doesn't want the Wii U.
>>
>>321480814
I'm not using it as an "excuse," I'm saying it was a bone-headed decision.

Lack of awareness of a new console means no userbase. No userbase means even the best games won't sell. There is clearly a market of people who want a WiiU, because they all bought the Wii like hotcakes. The WiiU caters to the same market, but consumers that are only tangentially interested in video games don't even know that it exists.
>>
>>321479843
No Pokemon Snap sequel. Nintendo hates money, confirmed.
>>
>bad hardware
>bad games
>bad online
>bad controller
>bad price
>bad E3 conferences
>bad system name
>over-reliance on DLC/Amiibos
>no GTA5

everything went wrong
>>
1. They advertised it like a peripheral.
2. They didn't know whether to sell to normies or nerds
3. They scared off the nerds with DLC: The physical toy
4. Too expensive for normies, Wii was literally $100 near the end of it's lifetime
>>
>>321479843
Got one today. I love it. Very comfy.
>>
>>321479843
>What went wrong?
I'm still trying to understand this myself. I bought one at launch and there hasn't been one week were I didn't touch it. I own 10 games for it and I am currently playing XCX and really enjoying it. The lack of MP games does hurt but I also have a ps4 so if I want a MP game I'll just hop on that. I love my wii u, its a shame its doing so bad.
>>
>>321481031
>The WiiU caters to the same market
Wrong. One has a small, non-intimidating controller that looks like a TV remote. Wave it at the screen to make your avatar move in the same way. It's intuitive. The other is a fucking monstrous failed ipad festooned with buttons. The only people who would be attracted to it are "hardcore" gamers who aren't turned off by 8+ buttons and 2 analog sticks, but then the Wii U doesn't have many hardcore games (mainstream, arcade, niche or otherwise) so it's dead in the water.
>>
It has exclusives when people buy consoles for multiplats.
>>
It is the ideal console for parents of children in the 5-10 year old range who gamed as children themselves. Damned if I know how to market that exact thing, but there are a lot out there.

Personally convinced four different people in the past week, all 29-35 with kids in that range, to get it and they have all downright adored it.

A lot of things in life are about momentum and nintendo tripped out of the gate with marketing and videos that directly implied it was an accessory and not a new system and were never able to recover.

They at least didn't give up on the system and have done quite well by their existing adoptors and at least have gone into the black on the system and while not a massive success like the wii was, has also not been a financial loss either.
>>
Why do we have to have this thread everyday?
>>
File: 1448843288719.jpg (57 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
1448843288719.jpg
57 KB, 640x628
>>321481357
>no GTA5
>>
>>321482403

said about every thread on here ever... forever...

I suspect 4chan exists in a time loop sometimes
>>
>>321482534
So it's basically like a daily routine? I guess that makes sense.
>>
I wish they'd sell it at a discount without the pad. I just want to play smash but fuck shelling out $400+ just for that when it could be so much cheaper.
>>
For me what went wrong was Mario Kart 8. I was so excited about the Wii U but figured I'd wait for a Mario Kart 8 bundle. I played the entire demo at Walmart early in the day when kids were at school, played every track and used a bunch of different characters. It didn't grip me at all. I was so bored with it. I couldn't believe how disappointing it was and I loved Mario Kart 7.

I then played the real game when it was released and it was just not enjoyable. The anti-gravity gimmick sucks, the one item thing sucks, the coin as an item sucks, it sucked when view replay was the first option, only choosing 1 of 3 courses online sucks, the graphics suck (this is hard to explain but I prefer a bolder look like DD and 7 but 8 has some weird outlines in the characters), no diddy Kong but 5 babies and 7 koopa kids, same amount of tracks as GBA, DS, 7, Wii before the DLC was added, I was only impressed by a few of the tracks like the snow mountain one (the ones in the demo sucked), the game was a lot easier compared to 7 because blue shells are infrequent

Only pros for me are the music, a few of the tracks, the dlc, and Ludwig is cool
>>
>>321482614

It is oddly satisfying at times seeing how the same thread pans out each day over and over with different people and variables. Like adding different chemicals to the same base and watching for reactions.
>>
>>321480698
People know what wiiU is, they just doesn't care.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.