[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here honestly lost pride in being a PC gamer after this fiasco?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 19
File: 1433742172001.jpg (80 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
1433742172001.jpg
80 KB, 640x800
Anyone here honestly lost pride in being a PC gamer after this fiasco?
>>
>>321479263
kys
>>
File: 14811717.jpg (69 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
14811717.jpg
69 KB, 800x533
What fiasco?
>>
>>321479263
This happens all the time to the playStation consoles. Steam was only in panic mode for 1 hour.
>>
What happened?
>>
>>321479263
>Trapanaterix Aviana

>world's only known parasitic avian life form

>found in the Amazon

>latches onto the underside of larger mammals and burrows it's head down into the afflicted animal's liver, where it feeds on bile and other substances

>afflicted animals go into painful liver failure in only a few weeks

>a handful of human victims have been reported since discovery

Those are scary birds, OP.
>>
>>321479607

This.

At worst, we got a temporary hiccup in service. The "proof" of people losing money was confirmed to be HTML edit bullshots, and at most we lost an hour, which still doesn't take into account offline mode.

Playstation players lost playtime and their credit card numbers.
>>
File: embarassing.png (265 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
embarassing.png
265 KB, 334x393
>pride for a videogames platform
I'd play videogames on a microwave oven if it had the functionality.
>>
File: mustard_race.png (404 KB, 611x426) Image search: [Google]
mustard_race.png
404 KB, 611x426
>>321479263
What pride?
>>
>>321479263
I never had pride in being a PC gamer, what the fuck?
>>
I don't play MP games on PC because of you mustards, fuck that. "deez r muh spex XD so epic" fuck that shit you fags are worse than the kids playing CoD on Xbox. "Pride." Fuck you.
>>
>>321480089
Why lie?
>>
>>321479263
You don't use Humble Store or GOG? You aren't a PC gamer.
>>
Bloodborne (^:
>>
>>321480137
>temporary hiccup
>being logged in as someone else is a hiccup
valvedrones are the worst.
>>
>>321480553
you weren't "logged in as someone else"
>>
>>321480089
What's really chilling is the neurotoxin they have in their saliva that paralyzes you, and as they are burrowing into your side as you lay there helpless, they look up at you with that cold dead stare and make "chirping" noises that sound like the husky, dried out cough of an elderly man
>>
>>321480750
just stop. please just stop it
>>
>>321479263
No. How often has PSN gone down? XBL? Why would I pride myself so much that I feel shame for someone else's human error?
>>
File: tc.jpg (70 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
tc.jpg
70 KB, 500x333
>mfw PC Master Race LOL

Step beneath us now, maggots!

Glorious Console Master Race, reporting in!
>>
>>321480089
holy shit, is that why it looks sad? it knows of all the misery it causes but can't do anthing about it's miserable existence?
>>
Idort here. No fucks given about any of the fanboyism, both consoles and the PC. Probably going to hold off on purchasing Civ V for a few days though, just to be on the safe side.
>>
>>321479263
No, because exclusively using Steam doesn't make you a real PC gamer - more of a console convert.

Seriously, if you sit there lapping up DRM, bloatware, and closed-source garbage when other options exist, then you are no more than a pleb.
>>
>>321480583
Tell that to my 8 new games I now refunding; I can confirm that someone was on my account and buying games (likely unknowingly),

Now I have to go wipe all my data (pone, email, credit) so that I don't get phished.
>>
>>321484019
post a screenshot
>>
>>321484068
Of what exactly?
I already refunded the games and switched out everything, not gonna let that fly more than 5 minutes.
>>
>>321484186
nice lie. the only thing anyone could see was the last 4 digits of your card on the account page. it couldn't be used in the store.
>>
>>321484323
I know; the 4 games weren't from my credit card (it used the other guys), but I still have to wipe that data just in case.
>>
File: char_154149.jpg (19 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char_154149.jpg
19 KB, 210x240
Idort here, don't give a shit about my cc info being compromised on steam, its already been compromised on psn.
>>
File: refund.png (12 KB, 313x230) Image search: [Google]
refund.png
12 KB, 313x230
>>321484479
>first it was 8
>now it's 4

btw you can view refunds on your purchase history
>>
>all these people doubting people lost their credit cards

I'm a survivor

Someone accidentally logged in as me and used the info to download the deed to my house. And he also downloaded a copy of my wedding ring, so now my wife left me.

Now i'm homeless for christmas. I'd take a screenshot but my camera's not working.

Thanks Gaben.
>>
File: 1439000090763.jpg (94 KB, 519x533) Image search: [Google]
1439000090763.jpg
94 KB, 519x533
>>321484849
>>
>after this fiasco

I've lost interest in PC gaming in general after these past 2 fucking years
>everything locked to Steam
>no good game releases in the past few years
>graphics card companies fucking up
>PC master race meme
>delayed releases like GTA V
>lack of interesting exclusives like Mario Kart, Bloodborne, or anything like that

I am surprisingly having more fun on Xbox One and PS4 than my PC, which is weird considering how awful they were at launch
>>
>>321485006
Play older games, anon. One of my favorite parts of PC gaming is the ease in which you can play titles across many eras and platforms.
>>
>>321479263
mustards had no pride to begin with
>>
>>321485006
>Bloodborne
You were so close to being believable.
>>
>>321485006
You're welcome to fuck off to 30fps machines and never look back, why don't you ?
>>
>>321485006
DELETE THIS!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Nobodies credit cards were stolen
who cares
>>
>>321485006
I am really upset with the current state of PC gaming, but consoles also took a huge dive.
Probably a bigger one.

Now they feel extra redundant because its all multiplats so I'm sticking with PC and some Nintendo stuff to just pick up whatver is left thats good.
>>
File: absolutely disgusting3.png (295 KB, 330x384) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting3.png
295 KB, 330x384
>>321479263
>considering yourself a gamer
>considering yourself a pc gamer
>taking pride in being a pc gamer
>losing pride because of a company's actions
You are a terrible awful human bean. Just horrible. Drink bleach.
>>
>>321484186
Steam refunds do not happen that fast
>>
>>321485382
>valvedrones will ACTUALLY defend this
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>321485134
I still play older games
The problem is that it isn't wise to invest in a "gaming" PC or a fucking $200+ graphics card when all the modern PC games suck.
>>321485272
>30 fps machines
lmao, a lot of ps4, wii u, and xbox games run at 60fps
>>
>>321479263
good bird, congrats
>>
>>321485663
>Wow someone knows my name
>this isn't public information totally
???
>>
>>321485564
Actually they do, I got a refund for Fallout 4 minutes after I got the confirmation that my request was received.

But that guy is totally lying anyway.
>>
>>321485531
>consoles took a huge dive
How? I feel like 8th gen is much better than 7th.
>Xbox is focussing on the hardcore much more with titles like Killer Instinct, D4, Rare Replay, Gears of War
>Wii U has a good number of games like Mario Kart and Bayonetta 2
>PS4 has so much support by western and japanese devs, and the machine and its features and improved over the PS3
>>
>>321485686
>The problem is that it isn't wise to invest in a "gaming" PC or a fucking $200+ graphics card when all the modern PC games suck.
I agree. The whole "need to have top specs" part of the mustard meme is fucking stupid. Everything else about PC gaming is nice, though.
>>
>>321485006
Agreed. Indie games/VNs and greenlight/early access killed Steam. Also, Steam's a DRM that fanboys love to shill about for some reason. I don't know why anybody bothers with modern PC gaming considering 99% of games is just complete shit nowdays.

PCMR faggots are as insufferable as consolekiddies trying to start a fight. Everybody just play your god damn fucking video games.

I'm basically just living the slightly last gen idort now, with my PC/WiiU/3DS/Vita/all of last gen's consoles. I was looking to upgrade my PC and drop another grand on it last year but with the state of gaming these days and the tanking CAD
, I'm better off saving my money.
>>
>>321487521
Yeah I had the same exact platform combo as you until I sold my Vita and Wii U and bought a PS4 and Xbone
I built a PC recently just for basic computing but I didn't even bother with a decent graphics card, shits a waste of fucking money for no games
There's a lot of good games coming for PS4, I feel like that is the best platform for next year
>>
>>321487521
>Indie games/VNs and greenlight/early access killed Steam.
Yeah, the floodgates are open, so there's more shit than ever, but there's also more that I want coming to Steam now than before, I just have to look harder.

Besides stuff like Bad Rats has been on Steam for ages.
>>
>>321487879
I'm feeling that the PS4 is gonna get progressively better too, just like the PS3. Unfortunately, I don't see much in the library that justifies buying it yet.
We got an Xbone too but I've never bothered with it. I just can't play FPS games on consoles anymore and that's basically all the worthwhile games it has. Paying for online is fucking stupid, too. I have PS+, but that's mostly because I buy stuff for my Vita often enough that getting the subscription would save money overall. The free games is a nice afterthought. Sony's really on the ball about cross-buy too.

>>321488409
I guess. If you're willing to follow indie games and shift through that atrocious mess to find the one or two good games in a hundred, then all the power to you. I'll readily admit that there are some top notch indie games out there.I just can't find myself doing that when there's so many good games from the past that I haven't even touched yet.
>tfw I had fun fucking around with Bad Rats
>>
>>321488810
I'm not talking about indie games, very few of those interest me much.
>>
>>321479263
>spending christmas with my family like a normal human bean instead of flexing my power levels
>get home
>oh there was a steam breach
>check my paypal account
>nothing happened

and then we forgot it happened tomorrow.
>>
>>321479472
>>321479724
im with these guys
>>
I know I'm a shill or whatever for this, but I don't get all the hate a company gets for being breached. I understood the hate Sony got over time by how they handled their breach, but I didn't hate them for the very act of it.
>>
Why would you have pride in what platform you play your video games on? Why don't you just play videogames?
>>
>>321488954
Oh, sorry. That's a valid point too, though why would you have to look harder for non-indie games? I'm thinking AA games still have enough marketing/online presence to show you exactly what it is they're making to see if you want it or not.

I'm not sure what's after that, A games? Or just straight to indie? Those actually require a little digging for info.

>>321489219
I don't hate the breach, I just don't like Steam.
>>
>>321489097
Volvo cache server blew up, was showing people who went to the account pages in steam semi-random other people's accounts.

If didn't fuck with steam during the hour in question you're unaffected.
>>
>>321479263
>pride in being a PC gamer
op pls no
>>
>>321489417
>I don't hate the breach, I just don't like Steam.
So you boycott it, right? And you boycott all other proprietary storefront applications like the E-shop, Xbox Live, and the PS Store?
>>
File: 378.gif (1 MB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
378.gif
1 MB, 250x141
>>321479263
Post more frogmouths.
>>
>>321489345
>Why don't you just play videogames?
Don't you know where you are?
>>
>>321489948
If I can, I do. I'll pirate it if it's singleplayer, GOG it if it's worth my money or multiplayer only, and Steam if I have to. I've got a shitton of games on Steam though, I really bought into those sales when I was younger. Not to mention it's the easiest way to gift people games, so I do do that for my friends and vice versa.

As mentioned earlier, I pay for PS+ since I have a Vita and purchase enough games for it to actually save money by getting the subscription. Vita games basically don't exist in real life, and I can't be bothered with cart-swapping constantly, so digital is the route I'm taking with it.
>>
>>321490332
So you pay for Console Steam? Why would you do that?
>>
>>321490853
Did.. you literally not read what I wrote? PS+ saves me money since the PS+ member sale prices make the games cheap enough that I'd be saving money overall.

C'mon, man.
>>
>>321479263
Your thread is faggy, but that's a fucking sick ass bird dude
>>
>>321491040
Do... do you not understand that people with Steam have hundreds of games all purchased for half off or better and do not pay for the service at all? You are paying for Steam on a console and decrying the exact same shit for PC.
>>
>>321485272
You're part of the "master race" problem.
>>
>>321491296
Did you not read the rest of my original post? Physical Vita games are non-existent except for Minecraft or Uncharted. If I want to play anything else, I'm forced to go on Amazon or digital through the PSN. I can't be bothered to swap cartridges all the time since I bring my Vita with me outside and I don't want to carry a bunch of carts, so I went digital.

You can get PC games through quite a few retailers besides Steam. There are sales on digital games with these retailers too. You aren't really "locked" to one thing on PC, except for the rare occasion where buying a physical PC release just gives you a Steam key. If I don't want to do physical games with my Vita, PSN's all I got. Even if I DID go physical only, there are digital releases that pretty much force me to go through PSN anyway. They're not really good comparisons to make.
>>
File: tawny frogmouth with prey_b.jpg (53 KB, 526x359) Image search: [Google]
tawny frogmouth with prey_b.jpg
53 KB, 526x359
>>321490081
Look at this smug piece of shit.
>>
>>321491793
So because your options are shitty, you support paying for a proprietary online store front while turning down an online store front that often has the best deals. Because muh principles.
>>
>>321491793
Digital only releases, sorry.

>>321491918
What? I don't like DRM. That's why I don't like Steam. I'm not talking about deals, I never mentioned I hate Steam because of it's deals. I just don't like that all my games are locked on Steam, and if my account is locked or banned for whatever reasons, all my games are gone. I also don't like having Steam on in general, it's an incredibly bloated program that's missing features that it really should have in 2015. That's why I buy from other retailers wherever possible. I get my games, it's mine, and I don't need some extra program running in the background.

I don't support paying for PS+ either, Jesus. It's an necessary evil because as you point out, I don't really have another option. But with PC, you do. If physical releases on the Vita matched PSN prices, I'd probably switch over to majority physical. The fact that if PSN ever goes down and my games could be gone with it is something I'm not fond of, but I don't really have a choice when a game's $5 on the PSN and $25 as a physical release.
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-26+at+04.09.41).jpg (231 KB, 941x406) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-26+at+04.09.41).jpg
231 KB, 941x406
Look at all those interesting games being launched at steam.
tfw no ps4+wiiU
>>
>>321492384
>R$
>>
>>321485560
Bean.....
>>
nah, but i am not going to buy games again lol
>>
>>321493117
>not being a real human bean
>>
>>321479263
Why the fuck would I take pride in preferring PCs over consoles to begin with? How fucking miserable do you have to be to take pride in something so inconsequential?
>>
>>321486057
>I feel like 8th gen is much better than 7th.
So we're at this point.
>>
>>321479263
>Using Steam

Nah m8, I'm still good
>>
>>321492363
>>I don't support paying for PS+ either
You support it by paying for it.

I do not support it because I am not. I refused to buy a PS4 as an example because of the online paywall.

Just what do you think support means?
>>
>>321492384
River City Super Sports Challenge is pretty fucking dope.
>>
I still like the perks, but I am actually afraid about using my debit card information on steam ever again, even if nothing happened to me this time I am afriad next time could actually affect me. Not like I'm gonna give into the origin bullshit.

Apart from pirating I do like getting my multiplayer games, so what's the best way to get games that isn't by giving steam my card info? G2A? Green man gaming?

I'm too lazy to go buy a steam card ok?
>>
>>321492384
>all the games in this image come to Steam in the span of less than a couple weeks
>part of it during a sale when very little comes out
>one of them is on your wishlist so you apparently think it's good
>some others like River City Super Sports Challenge, Turok remaster, and Total Annihilation are also good
I hope you aren't being sarcastic, because I'm not seeing a problem here.
>>
>>321496664
Can buy prepaid cards for steam or use Paypal.
>>
>>321496879
>paypal

Paypal dudes stole money from me after I tried connecting my card to them. My bank would give me shorter, incorrect codes and there was no other way to link my card. And each time they made me do a confirmation they had to take like 1.50 usd to try it or something. did it 7 times.

Not that it's that much money they stole from me, but even when I told them I just couldn't connect it they kept telling me to try again, their tech support isn't very helpful.
>>
>>321497129
The fuck?
Sounds stupid.
Either way, check out the payment options in steam. It should list all the shit thats possible in your region.

Like over here I can actually use my bank account over a third party site instantly and no data gets stored in steam.
>>
File: howdy.jpg (231 KB, 1070x1055) Image search: [Google]
howdy.jpg
231 KB, 1070x1055
>>321479263
Birds look so stupid from the front
>>
File: 21o6nlt.jpg (56 KB, 440x648) Image search: [Google]
21o6nlt.jpg
56 KB, 440x648
>>321497463
>>
>>321497463
Owls usually look fine.
>>
>>321493117
Bane?
>>
>>321497815

What's he thinking?
>>
>>321497275
There are other payments that involve going to a store that's quite a long way from home to get the steam wallet dosh.
>>
>>321497923
ayy lmao
>>
>>321495531
I buy it out of necessity. If Vita games were as cheap physical as they were digital, then I would stop paying for it. I know what support means. In this case I'm only supporting it because I don't have a better option.

It's cool that you won't buy the PS4 because you don't support the paywall. I want to play the games exclusive to Vita, so unfortunately I have to. I could stop paying for PS+, I don't need PS+ to play online, but like I said, I'm paying it for cheaper cost of games.

Sometimes you have to go against your ideal, it's not a perfect world. In this case, I'd rather save money. You could say that Steam is basically the same option because it saves money, but there are other retailers that can and do sell games cheaper than Steam. Of course, prices always vary.
>>
>>321479263
>lol i'm a gaymur XD
PC games entail more than just steam, you desperate cunt.
>>
File: 1449961038110.jpg (6 KB, 223x251) Image search: [Google]
1449961038110.jpg
6 KB, 223x251
>Steam is PC gaming
>>
File: imposter.jpg (201 KB, 900x1212) Image search: [Google]
imposter.jpg
201 KB, 900x1212
>>
>>321479263
Hi Sony fanboy. You're a fag. Okay bye.
>>
File: 1450289653862.png (36 KB, 266x289) Image search: [Google]
1450289653862.png
36 KB, 266x289
>>321479263
No. Fuck off
>>
File: hatbird1.jpg (13 KB, 366x321) Image search: [Google]
hatbird1.jpg
13 KB, 366x321
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.