[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is /v/ still tsundere towards Mass Effect? Every minute up until
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 19
File: shep.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
shep.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
Is /v/ still tsundere towards Mass Effect? Every minute up until the ending was phenomenal. I always forget how much I loved the series before that.
>>
>>321478525

Much like Ff13, it's still cool to hate on it.
>>
Anyone got the copypasta where an anons hate for me3 persists through the heat death of the universe?
>>
>Every minute up until the ending was phenomenal

Honestly, I feel the complete contrary. I wasn't really offended by the ending, it's just that by the time I got to Mass Effect 3, I realized how bullshit the whole series is.
>>
File: ---.jpg (135 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
---.jpg
135 KB, 500x500
>>321478525

/v/ is tsundere over any popular franchise.

>Mass Effect is pretty low key
>ME2 comes along and becomes mainstream
>LEL, ME1 TEH BEST ONE, FUCK THAT CASUAL GEARS OF WAR CLONE

>Witcher 1 and 2 are literal hot garbage
>/v/ loves them
>Witcher 3 is an improvement but mainstream
>LEL, FUCK THAT SKYRIM CLONE PIECE OF SHIT

Mass Effect 2 > Mass Effect 3 > Mass Effect 1
>>
ME1: great space opera despite plot holes and some lame characters. suffering with gameplay and how arduous is made doing side quests.

ME2: plot that went nowhere, really poor second act. engaging gameplay and fun quests lead to great moments. and that's the hallmark of this game- "that moment when..."

ME3: same gameplay as 2, but with better plot management. absolute horse shit ending that from a literary perspective kills the series entirely.

there really isn't anything else like it tho.

it's best to just let it lie, leave it alone. it's gone and over with.
>>
>>321480613

Name a better modern RPG.
>>
File: 1448103354352.png (263 KB, 400x748) Image search: [Google]
1448103354352.png
263 KB, 400x748
>>321480613
Oh come on dude. Mass Effect is great, it might not be absolutely fantastic but you can't say it's "bullshit".
>>
>>321480621
TRUTH
>>
File: Mass Effect.jpg (196 KB, 798x734) Image search: [Google]
Mass Effect.jpg
196 KB, 798x734
>>321480647

Relevant picture
>>
>>321478525

Also are you guys excited for Andromeda? I am doubtful about the next one.
>>
File: 109897965434.jpg (180 KB, 1537x489) Image search: [Google]
109897965434.jpg
180 KB, 1537x489
>>321480647

>absolute horse shit ending that from a literary perspective kills the series entirely.

In what sense? I thought the ending was decent by RPG standards (sure as shit better than KOTOR 2 and Witcher 3). The main issue was the lack of your choices mattering, not the actual closing itself, especially after the DLCs released.

It was mediocre at worst and disappointing at best.
>>
>>321480647
This sums up the story quite perfectly. But you can't forget the details man, even if not plot releted, there's always that joke, easter egg, exatra scene that makes the ME series so engaging. The whole atmosphere of the game is what really gets to me desu.
>>
>>321480907

Make sense, but it didn't happened quite the same with the Witcher
>>
>>321480979

I am, why wouldn't I be?

>All ME games were great and fun
>Bioware have a stellar track record compared to any other RPG dev team
>Dragon Age was always a mediocre franchise that played like an offline MMO so Inquisition doesn't deter me at all
>Key members from the old Bioware are back (Based Drew from the KOTOR days)
>No loading between planetary travel (leaked rumor)
>Focus on exploration and RPG elements
>Mako is back and revamped

I'm hyped as fuck
>>
File: 1427243206621.png (515 KB, 880x699) Image search: [Google]
1427243206621.png
515 KB, 880x699
>>321481124
>It was mediocre at worst and disappointing at best.

Promises that were let down entirely.

See: Spore
>>
>>321478525
People here generally admit it was a fun and memorable experience and that the ending disproportionately ruins it, which is a fair argument to a certain extent.

>>321480359
FFXIII was a gorgeous game with excellent animation and a high tier soundtrack... all of that to dress up a bland story awkwardly told by a character roster than ranges from tolerable to terrible.

"Corridor -> hackneyed, inorganic conversation revealing a bit about the story -> corridor -> hackneyed, inorganic conversation revealing a bit about the story -> corridor -> hackneyed, inorganic conversation revealing a bit about the story -> corridor" is absolutely not the way to to a JRPG.
>>
>>321480907
>What is Dead Space 3
>>
>>321480907
This is true for none of the franchises I can think of, including Mass Effect. Seriously, who the hell has played the latter ones without playing the first?
>>
File: 1413072642065.jpg (290 KB, 600x571) Image search: [Google]
1413072642065.jpg
290 KB, 600x571
>>321480359

FF13 is the only series where >>321480907
is the exact OPPOSITE.

LR: FF13 > FF13-2 > FF13
>>
File: dragonfallWall1920x1200.jpg (753 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
dragonfallWall1920x1200.jpg
753 KB, 1920x1200
>>321480720
If "modern" = "non-fantasy", I really enjoyed this.
>>
>>321481507
I played 2 before 1. My friends played 2 before 1, every single motherfucker I know played me2 before me1.
>>
>>321481330

Well, Inquisition was pretty shalow, and it worked very well for them that way, maybe they are thinking about doing the same with ME3, because the main difference between the too is that Dragon age doesn't follow the same character or plot. And now that ME3 is without shepeard is their chance to make ME3 an Inquisition in space.

Also i never cared for the Mako.
>>
>>321481364
see
>>321481124

> I thought the ending was decent by RPG standards (sure as shit better than KOTOR 2 and Witcher 3). The main issue was the lack of your choices mattering, not the actual closing itself, especially after the DLCs released.
>the main issue was the lack of your choices mattering,

All companies bullshit. Obshittian by making mediocre new IPS and falling to SJW bullshit that makes Bioware seem edgy. CDPR with their bullshit downgrades and lies about mod support.
>>
>>
>>321481709
That was an asinine thing to do and I have absolutely no reason to suppose you and your friends are representative.
>>
>>321481718

Your justification makes no sense. Mass Effect has never been like Dragon Age
>>
>>321478525

well that's being a bit generous.

Everything related to starchild is a level below shit tier, especially since my shepard was raised on earth where he saw nigga get dropped like every hour, you think he'd have a bit thicker skin.
>>
File: Deepest Lore.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Deepest Lore.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>321478525
Lol
>>
>>321481809
really? you're comparing GoW to ME2?

that's fucking stupid, even for /v/.
>>
File: 1436027106655.jpg (471 KB, 2441x1778) Image search: [Google]
1436027106655.jpg
471 KB, 2441x1778
>>
>>321481507

>Fable
>Fallout
>Dragon age
>Halo
>Borderlands
>Assassins Creed
>>
>>321481984

I never got the issue with this. Do you people not know what the crucible is meant to do? Of course it will act the exact same way, all it does is release energy which is dependant on what Shepard chooses.

The ending was shitty in the lack of meaningfuly choice but not because of that.
>>

No. There were way more problems with ME3 than it's ending. The writing throughout most of it had completely gone to shit. Mac Walters did a pretty good job of fucking up almost everything Drew Karpyshyn had tried to built towards.
>>
>>321482067
How old are you and the friends you run with? Only one I'll give you is Fallout.
>>
>>321482157

He posted it because the ending is exactly the same three times compared to Casey Hudson's quote >>321481364
>>
>>321481867

Just a thought.
>>
>>321478525

Every minute up until ME2 was phenomenal, then every minute up until ME3 was great, then the series ended there and ME3 didn't exist.
>>
>>321482157
>I never got the issue with this. Do you people not know what the crucible is meant to do?
No. We get it. We get that they wrote the Crucible and we expected better. The Mass Effect universe is not real. The writers are not beholden to its rules. They make the rules. The Crucible exists as it does because it was written that way and it is shit.
>>
>>321482303

He never quoted the Casey Hudson post tho
>>
>>321482284

Dead Space too.
>>
>>321482178
this. every minute i spent in ME3 felt like it was shitting on my time in the last 2 games
oh remember this thing you did? yeah fuck you it resulted in either nothing or this tiny segment of dialogue
>>
>>321482178

>The writing throughout most of it had completely gone to shit

Explain. I enjoyed the Quarian-Geth Confluct, Genophage sub plot, Asari incident, bro moments with Garrus, Mordins death scene, Leviathan and Citadel DLCs and thought they were written extremely well and in some cases better than past games. Kai leng was sketchy but even then I never get a proper complaint as to what is wrong with him.

So outside of the ending, elaborate on why the writing was shit
>>
>>321482023
This.
>>
>>321478525
Stop with this stale bait. The entire 3rd game was a letdown.
>>
>>321482284

I'm legal
In some states
of some countries
in some planey
i guess.
>>
>>321482740
mods
>>
>>321482734

I thought it was pretty good. Online was also excellent.
>>
>>321482827

Just Kidding
>>
>>321482536

Agreed, Mordin was one of my favorites characters, i almost cried manly tears when he died. But i also thougt that they push it a little too hard to make everyone being important to the plot.
>>
>>321482740
Barely legal makes it believeable you and you buds may not have played Halo 1, Origins, AssCreed 1 etc. but the image is still asinine.
>>
Mass effect 1 was a good game with boring combat.

Mass effect 2 improved a lot gameplay-wise over me1, but managed to fuck up the narrative and a good amount of the lore.

I only played the first couple hours of mass effect 3, so I can't say too much, but there were two things that really stuck out to me. Having to buy dlc to make the important choices of the first two games, and the entire opening sequence feeling more like uncharted than mass effect.

Woo opinions.
>>
>>321478525
ME1 was a fun space opera that had a lot of good ideas. Overall the narrative and game-play were executed fairly well, but lacked polish

ME2 was a mixed sequel where every step forward was balanced by a step back somewhere else.

ME3 did a decent job of improving a lot of ME2's mechanics, but its narrative retroactively damaged the series by laying bare the emptiness of the players decision throughout the trilogy. The game was then capped off with a woeful climax which was poorly executed and thematically divorced from the rest of the series
>>
And why there was so few companions for us to choose from, and the "new" ones didn't even had time to develop like in the others, ME2 was so focused on the relationships between the crew, and they let it wall away.
>>
>>321483223

>but managed to fuck up the narrative
Explain
>and a good amount of the lore.
Explain
>>
>>321482536
Not that anon but both the Quarian-Geth Conflict and the Genophage plot were in both previous games. Both of those games played up those conflicts. Three ends them both rather abruptly for the sake of the Reapers plot which seemed dull by that point. imo the plot seemed rushed in a lot of parts. I would've liked 2 to be about the QG conflict and 3 about redeeming the Krogan.
>>
>>321480621
I don't get how ANYONE could prefer 3 over 1

>mass effect
>everything from the gun sounds to the soundtrack is uniquely retro
>emphasize on exploration, finding out things for yourself
>actual RPG elements
>dozens of armor and weapon upgrades, all of which affect the game
>almost every character in the game is interesting to some degree

>mass effect 3
>third person shooter, can't even holster weapon
>RPG elements are non-existent
>no exploration whatsoever, game is entirely linear
>soundtrack is 90% typical hollywood orchestra
>different armors are purely aesthetic, look different but that's about it
>the only good characters are the ones returning from previous games
>>
>>321483243
>every step forward was balanced by a step back somewhere else

nice argument there senpai.
>>
>>321483328

>Not that anon but both the Quarian-Geth Conflict and the Genophage plot were in both previous games.

Yes, and seeing the development carry on in each game (especialyl Mordins development in that he is adament that he made the right choice only to slowly regret it in the next game to the point of a heroic suicide) was excellent in its writing, same with the Geth, what they did to the geth as a whole was pretty remarkable and how if Tali dies in ME2 you cannot make peace between the Quarian and geth was also well done in that you felt a semblence of your choice mattering. The choice over who to side with was also morally grey as there was no right choice.

I thought it was well written and the Geth as a whole were very William Gibson esque in their themes and I thought it was handeled well.
>>
>>321483409

Easy

>More fun gameplay
>Superior moments (Geth-Quarian, Bro moments, Mordin dying, Wrex, going to Tuchunka, going to the Thessia)
>Superior DLC
>GOAT multiplayer
>Geth aren't "le evil boogeyman"

Quite easy to justify really.
>>
>>321483409
about the soundtrack. yes.

I absofuckinglutely hated the orchestral soundtrack from mass effect 3. Why did they do that? WHY?
>>
me3 has gay sex.
>>
I love Mass Effect and honestly have grown to not give a shit about video game story too much as long as the mechanics that get me that get me there are enjoyable. But dies no one ever talk about how Deus Ex: Human Revolution had a quite somilar ending? Cant speak to other Deus Ex games as.this was my first and only. But it was the same lackluster pick a terminal ending.
>>
>>321480621
>witcher 1 and 2 suck

Im sorry you've been infected with homo sexuality.
>>
>>321482067
>Dragon Age 2
>the pinnacle of the series
>>
>>321483320
Off the top of my head.
>narrative
Things like the reapers and the Shadow broker in the first game were kept mysterious to the player on purpose. By having them revealed to the player so easily, the game diminishes their perceived power and control.
>lore
Guns without unlimited ammo.
There was another big one that I can't think of.
>>
>>321483409
This is speaking as someone who liked 1 more than 3 but the exploration part is about the only really agreeable part there. "Retro" is a matter of taste, neither had strong roleplaying, being buried under 99% useless upgrades (with a shit inventory system) was not a plus and characters were interesting in 3 too.
>>
>>321483661
>Geth aren't "le evil boogeyman"
They're not that in the first game either.
It's just not explained what the geth were doing, and if you saved Legion in ME2 you actually get to see things through their point of view and start to sympathise with them.
>>
>>321483115
Mordin's whole arc was forced as fuck, the fact that he kept repeating the "Had to be me line" every chance he could destroyed whatever impact and meaning they wanted it to have. Not to mention the obviously different voice actor just makes it all worse.
>>
>>321483839

>Things like the reapers and the Shadow broker in the first game were kept mysterious

Reapers never got fleshed out in the second game and how does the Shadow Broker being revealed ruin the narrative? We got a GOAT DLC out of it and it was pretty damn cool how Liara takes over the role with nobody suspecting it which keeps the theme of the Shadow Brokers anonymitity.

>Guns without unlimited ammo.
Miniscule nitpick and it was explained pretty well and a needed change.
>There was another big one that I can't think of.
Tell me when you remember it
>>
>>321483562
>what they did to the geth as a whole was pretty remarkable

> In 2, Legion stresses that the Geth are perfectly content with their way of existence, and do not want what the reapers offer
> 3 turns the Geth plotline into a Pinocchio story

Yeah alright.
>>
>>321483562
While most of it was well written neither choices matter in the end. Mordins choice was foreshadowed in ME2 if you spent the time to talk to him. Hell, I think Tali reconciling with the Geth was foreshadowed as well but its been a long time since I played through ME2. So that just makes 3 an easy to write wrap up for those lose threads.
>>
>>321483292
Because everyone could die during ME2, they literally did not want to put the effort into writing a bunch of characters that could have died, so they came up with shitty excuses to keep them off the Normandy. It's especially blatant with Miranda, Samara, and Zaeed.
>>
>>321484114

> 3 turns the Geth plotline into a Pinocchio story

What?

>>321484115

As with every RPG and I wasn't arguing that rather the writing itself.
>>
>>321483434
Not that guy but you aren't entitled to an argument, anon. Its not like OP argued his post. So why should this anon have to? OP is posting outside of the status quo (of /v/) so the burden of proof lies with him to make his case against the general consensus well enough to even warrant an argument response. You seriously can't believe OP's statement of "Every minute up until the ending was phenomenal" to be self evident, do you? Even if you agree with him you have to admit that shit is controversial and shouldn't be taken as fact without explanation.
>>
>>321484074
>>Reapers never got fleshed out in the second game

You spend the whole game hunting down the fucking notProtheans that are harvesting humans to turn them into a spoopyreaper. Pretty sure you also find out that each race that put up a fight got converted into reapers in 2.
>>
>>321484257

They handeled it well imo, as well as I would expect any devs to handle that sort of thing. Some major things can happen, whole quest lines impossible to happen as well as a huge plot element being stripped away (resolving the Geth and Quarian conflict by making them both kiss and make up, can't do it if Tali is kill). Ending not included obviously.
>>
>>321480621
Nah, senpai, it's 3 > 1 > 2. 2's all around inferior to the other products in one aspect or another, and definitely doesn't hold up on subsequent playthroughs. Citadel is a better ME2 than ME2.
>>
>>321483434

here's an example of what I meant

Mass Effect 1 had a lot of guns in each weapon category, but the differences were generally restricted to stats rather than function. The result was a choice between full-auto assault rifle that did slightly more damage, and full-auto assault rifle that had slightly more ammo. This was somewhat offset by the weapon mod system that allowed you to modify the characteristics of you gun to suit your personal play style
Mass Effect 2 reduced the number of weapons, but made each distinct. So now you had a full-auto AR, a Semi auto, a 3 round burst, an LMG etc etc. There was no glaringly weak option, and the player was free to choose based on play style preference, which was an improvement. However, the weapon modification was simplified into an passive upgrade system that removed all elements of customization.

In summary, while the devs improved the diversity of weapons, they reduced the level of weapon customization.

You can see similar things when you look at classes, enemy armour types (and how it ruined 3 classes), planetary exploration and level design and so on
>>
>>321484363

>You spend the whole game hunting down the fucking notProtheans that are harvesting humans to turn them into a spoopyreaper. Pretty sure you also find out that each race that put up a fight got converted into reapers in 2.

How is hunting down the Collectors (protheans) fleshing the reapers out? We still don't know their origin, purpose or anything and you find out that races get turned into reapers at the end of every cycle in ME1. ME2 literally does nothing towards the Reaper plot line and it was one of the more valid complaints, it was a literal filler game (though my favorite in the series).

ME1 and ME3 do the fleshing out, not ME2
>>
>>321484267
I do agree with him so therefore I understand the hidden message. And since I do not agree with the dude's post, I asked for better argumenting.

What's wrong with this?
>>
ME showed Bioware's greatest strength, world building. ME universe is really interesting for some reason and I ended up reading all the logs in 2 at one point
>>
>>321484691

Yea, Mass Effect is easily my favorite universe in any new IP. Pretty hyped to see what they do with Andromeda.
>>
>>321484262
Legion jumps at the chance of being a real boy after seeing that the Reaper code can turn the Geth units into individuals. This is a direct contradiction to how their race is explained in 2, and frankly, makes them less interesting as a race by removing the collective consciousness aspect of them.
>>
>>321484074
>reapers weren't fleshed out I'm the second game
Weren't try the ones taking control of enemies and shouting about how shepherd is their personal enemy? I haven't played it in awhile so I don't really know, but they were at least making themselves present.

>liara takes over the role with nobody expecting it
Isn't there a whole mission where her receptionist or whatever knows her identity?

>guns with ammo a nitpick and a well needed change
Hey, fuck you pal. The unlimited ammo was one of the few things that I liked about me1's combat. It made it feel unique and really sci-fi.

The other thing I was thinking of is more of a personal grievance, but the whole human reaper thing was retarded. Like, really super fucking dumb.
>>
>>321484691
this here. Best part of ME1 story was the universe. I honestly wish ME1 had ended with the reapers defeated and unable to enter the galaxy, and ME2 had been an entirely separate plot about Shepard's spectre adventures
>>
>>321484691

World-building is also Bethesda's greatest strength in Elder Scrolls too
>>
>>321484796

>Legion jumps at the chance of being a real boy after seeing that the Reaper code can turn the Geth units into individuals

Yes, when in ME2 did he say that this isn't what they wanted?

>. This is a direct contradiction to how their race is explained in 2

How? They are seeking to be a true AI, how is this contradicting them? It's essentially an upgrade, why wouldn't they want it?
>>
>>321484530
Their purpose didn't change in any of the games. It was always to start over anew to harvest the new top dog. Shown in 2 that humans were top dogs. I don't think 3 did much because the plot seemed like a more of a clusterfuck the closer it got to the ending. The fact that they're able to get destroyed fairly easy in 2-3 when Sovereign was a tough bastard that chewed through the Citadel fleet in 1 also kinda ruined things. While it might've been a filler I don't think continuing with the Reaper plot was the best choice.
>>
>>321484884
Shit. that's a pretty great idea tbqh
>>
File: pe-logo-915x585.jpg (60 KB, 915x585) Image search: [Google]
pe-logo-915x585.jpg
60 KB, 915x585
>>321480720
>>
>>321484803

>Weren't try the ones taking control of enemies and shouting about how shepherd is their personal enemy?

Not sure what you mean, they took control of the collector leader dude if that's hwat you mean.

>but they were at least making themselves present.

No more than ME1? In fact, much less so.

>Isn't there a whole mission where her receptionist or whatever knows her identity?

Not after she becomes the Shadow Broker, no.

>ey, fuck you pal. The unlimited ammo was one of the few things that I liked about me1's combat. It made it feel unique and really sci-fi.

Fair enough, to each their own. It was still explained and I don't see how it completely fucks up the lore.

>The other thing I was thinking of is more of a personal grievance, but the whole human reaper thing was retarded. Like, really super fucking dumb.

How? It's literally what reapers do
>>
>>321485051

>It was always to start over anew to harvest the new top dog

This was never specified in ME1 or ME2.

> to get destroyed fairly easy in 2-3 when Sovereign was a tough bastard that chewed through the Citadel fleet in 1 also kinda ruined things.

You destroy a incomplete reaper in ME2, it's not even close to finished (EDI specifically says it would need millions more humans to be complete) so it doesn't really count and in ME3 reapers were fucking shit up senpai. Hence the whole fucked up ending, even Bioware didn't know how to write their defeat legitly.
>>
>>321485229
>Reapers never got fleshed out in the second game

Not him but could you imagine that stupid fucking human shaped Reaper flying through space superman style next to the Sovereign and pals and honestly not think thats fucking retarded?
>>
>>321484659
Its kinda gay way of arguing thats all. I don't really care about mass effect I'm just auts about this kind of stuff

Its like if your friend comes up to you and says

>>"I think people shouldn't be able to drive until they are 21"

>I disagree. Why do you think that?

>>"Well why not?!"

Its like its goading the other person into an argument. I just realize that you probably aren't OP and this doesn't really apply. Just ignore me. I'm sorry
>>
>>321485447
Shit wrong thing.
>but the whole human reaper thing was retarded. Like, really super fucking dumb.
>>
>>321484884
That, or the entirety of ME2 is spent on some sort of hunt for an anti-reaper weapon. Make the Crucible the product of an entire game of hunting and stuff rather than bring it in out of the blue.
>>
>>321485447

>Not him but could you imagine that stupid fucking human shaped Reaper flying through space superman style next to the Sovereign and pals and honestly not think thats fucking retarded?

I admit when you put it like that it sounds dumb but it was never completed (not even close) so we don't know what the final product would have looked like or what purpose it would have had.
>>
>>321485395
I'll concede the shit with the Reapers. It's been too long since i've played though the ME series. I was positive it was implied in the earlier games and not something you find out in 3.
>>
>>321485541
>>321484884

I don't know, I have 10 bucks that ME:A story is going to be something like that

>Trailer shows a guy with N7 armor
>Bioware explicitly say that the he is not the main character

10 bucks say that the dude in the N7 armor is hunting down your main character who is some sort of outlaw.
>>
>>321485807

Fair enough, easy mistake.
>>
File: 41.jpg (31 KB, 640x475) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
31 KB, 640x475
>>321485813

Holy shit, that actually fits. Didn't Bioware say that the song (Ghost Riders) has meaning to the plot of Mass Effect? Wasn't there a leak that part of the narrative is seeking human colonies?

>in the trailer
>N7 dude is wrecking enemies you can't see
>mfw he's hunting down the protag and found one of the settlements he established, that's who he's attacking
>you play as an outlaw on a journey to redemption (one of the meanings behind the song)

If this is legit and done right it could be a nice fucking change from "LE EPIC EVIL GOYMS"
>>
>>321485813
I'd like that. BioWare has proven time and time again that they just can't really write big-picture stories. At least, not compelling ones. Their small-scale character shit works a lot better.
>>
>>321485612
>what the final product would have looked like
With what was shown, I don't think any shape would've really looked good or even made sense.

>what purpose it would have had.
Fucking shit up like the rest of the Reapers?
>>
>>321486109
>If this is legit and done right it If this is legit and done right it
>if it's done right
>bioware

mr N7 will end up being Kai-Baker 2.0
>>
>>321486113

I disagree, I think they can write them just not finish them. The build up to the reapers was some of the best Sci Fi i've seen in any medium, period.
>>
>>321484386
I'm talking more about all the characters from ME2 who say "Shepard, I'd love to join you on the Normandy, but I can't because of this excuse"

Miranda's on the run and looking for her dad so she can't join Shepard, even though the Normandy would probably be the best place to do that, especially considering the literal Shadow Broker's on board and can help

Samara gives a half-assed excuse about something to do with her Code, and Zaeed literally spends the entire game on the docks on the Citadel after that mission with him. It's very blatant that they just didn't want to put the effort in for these characters
>>
>>321485002
Legion explains that the Geth do not wish to imitate organic life, seeing it as inferior for how their hardware operates. Nor do they want help from the Reapers, as this blinds them to all other options. What they wanted was the Dyson Sphere, where all Geth would be in communion with each other. Isolating each other into their platforms to become individuals is not what they wanted.
>>
>>321481364
Did someone punch him in the face at least?
>>
I'm still dunno what i've done in me3
>>
>>321478525
Are shills still getting paid to shill on /v/?
>>
>>321486612

>I'm talking more about all the characters from ME2 who say "Shepard, I'd love to join you on the Normandy, but I can't because of this excuse"

No, I got what you were saying. I'm just saying that I thought it was handeled as well as any reasonable person would expect those shill like marketing bullshit to be handeled (I.e "LE CHOICES CARRY OVER BETWEEN GAMES?!")

>Legion explains that the Geth do not wish to imitate organic life

Not played ME2 in ages, mind getting a source? I don't recall any of this. I recall something along those lines, but not entirely as you're putting it. I remember them saying they operate as one because that's the way they are but nothing that indicated they wanted no free will.
>>
File: cerberus_by_monkeybiziu.jpg (153 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
cerberus_by_monkeybiziu.jpg
153 KB, 1680x1050
How does this sound to you?

>ME2
>Starts off with reports of colonies being attacked by unknown assailaints
>Scene change to the inside of the Normandy
>Alerts and battle stations
>You're attacked by a white ship with an orange insignia on the side
>You get jettisoned and are drifting out to space
>A geth ship picks you, Garrus, Kaiden/Ashley, and Tali out of space, says it's all they could save
>They explain to you that they're grateful to you for ridding the galaxy of the heretics who followed Saren and Sovereign, like Legion explains to you in ME3
>Turns out the colonies being attacked are all non-human colonies, Cerberus is behind it
>Instead of being a benefactor, Cerberus is the main villain for the game
>They plan to release a lethal toxin on the Citadel that kills anyone who isn't a human or something akin to that, I don't know

Does that sound better than the story ME2 had to begin with or way shittier? I liked the human supremacy angle they established for Cerberus, and they did absolutely nothing with it instead opting to slowly kill the series by milking the Reaper angle.
>>
>>321487685

Nice try Casey Hudson
>>
Imagine you're having sex with the girl of your dreams implying implications, etc etc and you're into her, she's into you and it's amazing sex. You then push yourself balls deep and you get pushed over the edge and start to cum. Then she, instead of cumming just starts shitting everywhere and even though you're fucking disgusted you're still cumming because you can't stop cumming at will after it starts, you just have to ride it out and what should have been a great ending to a great experience ends on an awful not, forever ruining the memory of it in your mind.

You're a straight up retarded cuck if you look back on that and think, "Oh, well the experience was great until she shit the bed and ruined a climax that was years in the making"
>>
>>321481678

Those horns look like giant bot fly larvae sticking out of his head...
>>
File: Mittens makes a friend.jpg (33 KB, 400x504) Image search: [Google]
Mittens makes a friend.jpg
33 KB, 400x504
>>321480621
>>Witcher 1 and 2 are literal hot garbage

Your advanced state of dementia offends me
>>
>>321480621
>Mass Effect is pretty low key
hey there newfriend
>>
>>321485447
>>321485612
>>321485807

Pretty sure it's stated somewhere that each Reaper's inner core is made to look like the harvested race, then the cuttlefish outershell is built on.
>>
>>321487807

Wait was that supposed to be an insult?

He sounds like a pretty cool guy.
>>
File: 1407554878013.gif (153 KB, 600x458) Image search: [Google]
1407554878013.gif
153 KB, 600x458
I remember when there were more Mass Effect threads than any other game...
>>
The real shitty part of Mass Effect 3 was that it turned into a weepy "war is hell" story and the "synthetics are real people, too" storyline came out of absolutely nowhere.
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.