[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we save Nintendo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
File: 2643741-nintendo_logo.png (44 KB, 2000x493) Image search: [Google]
2643741-nintendo_logo.png
44 KB, 2000x493
How do we save Nintendo?
>>
>>321477578

pray that the NX ends up good
>>
>Make sure the NX has a quality line up of games and no droughts
>Outsource their IPs more often for awareness
>Do not piss off the consumer
>>
>>321477578
Actually restock their games and fuck off with the motion control/innovative shit.
>>
save it from what?
>>
>>321477797
>>321477913

Wrong. Nintendo need to go back to the Wii style of casual marketing. Their image is all but non existent among the gaming community as they're seen as autistic babby fluff (and for good reason).

They have no place in the console market anymore
>>
They're dead if NX flops. We scrap the current NX drafts and build it's ideas based off of a modern Gamecube with Wii U's connection to Nintendo Network. Make the gamepad optional for those who want to play games that require it (or those who are nearsighted because my GF is nearsighted and literally can't game without the gamepad 3 inches from her face). Use that as a "tolerance meter" for innovation.
If they sell like fucking 10K of those gamepads worldwide, they'll realize how much people just want non-gimmicky shit and will actually act accordingly.
>>
File: 1449380994683.png (86 KB, 870x748) Image search: [Google]
1449380994683.png
86 KB, 870x748
>>321478034

>Wii U worst selling Nintendo console to date
>3DS worst selling Nintendo handheld to date
>NX has zero hype behind it and if the Xbox One power equivalent rumors are true then it's dead on arrival
>Literally zero grasp on the console market
>Slowly losing the handheld market to Smartphones
>Iwata killed himself over their failures
>worst E3 showing in years

This about sums it up
>>
>>321478047
They tried to getting casuals with the Wii U and that ended up horribly
>>
>>321478091
I correct myself. They're dead in the console market if NX flops. They can simply drop consoles entirely and just go handheld (which seems to be doing better in japan and now US).
>>
>>321478164
The 3DS has sold very well
Nintendo themselves have been turning a profit
They pretty much own Japan
The Amiibos are selling like gangbusters

Also, the archive is the greatest thing that happened to /v/

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/1449380994683.png
>>
>>321478164
>>Wii U worst selling Nintendo console to date
>What is Virtual Boy
>>
>>321478176

No they didn't, the marketing was all wrong. They tried targeting the same casuals who got the Wii by naming the new console as "Wii U" only to realize that casuals aren't a consistent market. They should have shot after another area of the casual market.
>>
buy the company and actually implement changes instead of posting in a thaiwanese sewing circle
>>
>>321477578
Go full throttle into mobile and toys to life.
>>
>>321478164
Remember the AAA leaker?
What if he was true and honest?
>>
>>321478308

>The 3DS has sold very well
Not compared to every other handheld they have mad.
>Nintendo themselves have been turning a profit
Profit is shrinking with every new release, don't act like it isn't.
>They pretty much own Japan
Lol no.
>The Amiibos are selling like gangbusters
Sure if you care about toys and how long will this meme fad last? Did you forget the

They have no hold of the console market and if the NX is another bust (which it inevitably will be) then they are literally fucked in that sector. The handheld sector is also shrinking with every new iteration as smart phones become more prevalent.
>>
>>321478308
>Nintendo themselves have been turning a profit

Their profit has gotten far smaller and they have also reported a lot more losses as well as their stock taking hit after hit and lol no, Nintendo don't own Japan you fucking retard. PS4 has been consistently outselling the 3DS and Wii U (in most cases combined) on average and even the Vita is outselling the Wii U over there.
>>
>>321477578
If the NX is done right, it can be the savior

All non- Exclusive Third party games coming to NX (cod for the Babbies and dudebros, SF and FF for the weebs)
more power than the ps4, Free online

MARKETING (this is what killed the Wii U)
Naming it something other than the fucking WII Double U (To get those soccer moms back also add in NX sports Resort Island Funtime)

Add a dash of Forgotten Franchises making their return. Metroid, F-Zero, New Uncharted Style Ice Climbers Game. Scrap Star fox Zero and make Star fox from the ground up again on NX. Add in Rouge Squadron 4 and a normal fucking controller and add in a marketing campiagn for the edgy COD 5 year olds and you'll have the best gaming console ever.
What could go wrong with this?
>>
>>321478164
Alright, i'll take the bait.

>>Wii U worst selling Nintendo console to date
What is Virtual Boy?
>>3DS worst selling Nintendo handheld to date
The handheld's lifecycle isn't even finished yet, and it's still selling well in all major markets
>>NX has zero hype behind it and if the Xbox One power equivalent rumors are true then it's dead on arrival
>rumors
>>Literally zero grasp on the console market
President just announced they want the smartphones audience with the NX's prior launch
>>Slowly losing the handheld market to Smartphones
source.?
>>Iwata killed himself over their failures
lel
>>worst E3 showing in years
>what is E3 2008?
>>
>>321478532
>Not compared to every other handheld they have mad.
It's a changing market, handhelds are not as popular as they have been but it still sold pretty well
>Profit is shrinking with every new release, don't act like it isn't.
They are still turning a profit each quarter and while the profit isn't as big due to the failure of the WIi U and they aren't in debt to anyone plus they have a rather large cash reserve
>Lol no.
They do and by an incredibly wide margin
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintendo-sold-more-games-in-japan-than-any-other-japanese-publisher-in-2015
>Sure if you care about toys and how long will this meme fad last?
It seems to be do very well and will probably last as long as toys are popular.
>>
>Nintendo
>needing saving

lol cuck hipsters
>>
>>321478310
Nintendo literally retconned Virtual Boy from everything.
But touche.
>>321478319
I actually have to disagree. The reason why Wii sold so well is because it was super cheap. It was literally a "Wii Sports", "Wii Fit" or maybe if lucky a "Smash Bros" machine.
They can just have half of their console rack with $200 "Smash Bros+Wii Fit Next+Wii Sports Next" console packs with the console having the same computing power as the Wii and the casuals will buy it and will buy literally nothing else on the console rack. Because they don't care about that new Mario Bros game that's 50 bucks that requires a 100 dollar machine (ew the game costs half the machine's price what a scam) when you can literally just buy a "more pricey therefore more valuable" 200 dollar machine with 3 games and some controllers and call it quits.
>>
>>321478909
Not to mention, Nintendo is about to start outsourcing their IPs things such as movies, theme parks and other things which will be a massive revenue stream.
>>
>>321477578
>first party games aren't ass
>third party support actually exists
>stop ignoring that online exists
>>
>>321477578
Doubt it's possible. We can disregard the fanboys as it's obvious there are less than 11 million of those. They blew every ounce of goodwill with core gamers after the Wii and Wii U. They would have to rebrand entirely, dropping IPs like Mario and Zelda entirely which won't happen. So casuals? Well they're getting their fix with phones and such so to win them back they have to come in really cheap and portable. Not gonna happen.

Basically Nintendo is fucked. Introduce a ton of exclusive new IPs without the kid stink they've wallowed in for 30 years. Mario can coexist but he cannot sell consoles anymore. Nintendo ruined that.

I just don't see any moves they can make. True innovation in game design but they have to prove it. They need gamers selling their next system the way the NES did. Miyamoto doesn't have it anymore and the market won't push that kind of thinking into a top spot.
>>
>>321477578
grab the shotgun and take nintendo behind the shed, then port bayo to PC where is belongs
>>
>>321478909
Also, when you look at that top 10 list, if you look at the top five publishers on that list, 13 of the 23 games can only be played on the 3DS.
>>
>>321479110
>Mario can coexist but he cannot sell consoles anymore
What are you talking about?
>>
>>321477578

remove the youtube bullshit and allow channels to not be forced to be nintendo's buttslave to show game footage
>>
>Iwata kills himself
>Wii U likely won't break 15 million sales (making it the worst selling console)
>3DS didn't come close to prior handhelds
>Zelda U likely not coming to the Wii U
>Support is likely getting dropped this quickly
>NX is the last hope
>Is said to be the equivalent of an Xbox One
>>
File: despair.jpg (20 KB, 425x308) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
20 KB, 425x308
>>321479110
Actually, /thread.
He pulls up a few good points about PR that I forgot. What's worse is that if, if ever, Nintendo loses their IPs somehow, anything that uses it will be called "2elite but 2casual" and will be hit with the same PR curse that Nintendo gained.
Nintendo literally cursed their entire set of IPs, and they can never be used again.
>>
File: sup.jpg (26 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
sup.jpg
26 KB, 500x327
>>321478893

>What is Virtual Boy?
>Wii U only doesn't look like complete shit compared to another piece of shit
>The handheld's lifecycle isn't even finished yet, and it's still selling well in all major markets
Go look up the Nintendo handhelds, the 3DS will need to double its sales or some crazy shit to beat the GBA (iirc).
>President just announced they want the smartphones audience with the NX's prior launch
This is a good thing? What has this got to do with the console market?
>source.?
The fact that their handhelds are selling far worse and smartphones are literally the main thing in Japan right now?
>what is E3 2008?
>What does "worst showing in YEARS" mean

They're done. Maybe not bankrupt status (no giant megacorp will go bankrupt any time soon) but they sure as shit aren't relevant in the console world anymore.
>>
>>321479560
Finally, the golden age of gaming is at hand, all those IPs in the hands of competent developers and on the PC
>>
>>321479920
>all those IPs on smartphones

Fixed that for you.
>>
File: 1425567097810.jpg (31 KB, 433x419) Image search: [Google]
1425567097810.jpg
31 KB, 433x419
>>321479920

>Developers will move from a dead platform to an even more dead platform

PCucks never cease to amaze me
>>
I know this is bait, but I'm gonna answer you because there are people who unironically think what you're saying.
If you would ask any sane knowledgeable person if what console is the best to get in the present, they would say a Wii U.
The Wii U literally has the best games this gen has offered so far. And most of it is GOTY material, I mean this year alone game of a ton of GOTY tier games from the Wii U. And it has offered a lot of games in the past years that were really good.

And it isn't over. The Wii U still has a lot going for it. Good games will continue to go to it for 3 years at most before NX.

In my honest opinion, only a ill informed faggot would choose a PS4 or a Xbone over a Wii U at this point in time. You are literally buying a console for games that aren't even out yet. Sure, the PS4 would overtake the Wii U's value games wise at some point in time, but that time is not now.
>>
>>321480026
I mean once nintendo fucks themselves to death with NX bombing harder than the ouya, then all those abused IPs can finally come back and be better than ever
>>
File: ayy lmao.gif (485 KB, 500x249) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.gif
485 KB, 500x249
>>321480156

>this whole post
>>
>>321479720
Reading on my own post, I could make a few more points:
When I mean "2elite but 2casual", I mean "too elite for the casuals, too casual for the nerds". The difference between the nerd and the casual aren't getting any blurrier with mindless clicking "games" like cockie clicker and clicker zeroes, and then games that only appeal to MLG 31337 super-pros that can't even play a game as a game.
>>321479920
See >>321479720
Whoever's going to be trying to get these games into the market will be given that "wtf is this casual piece of shit doing in the hands of Platinum" by elites and "lol 2hard4me xd" by normies.
>>
File: 1420926857327.png (267 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1420926857327.png
267 KB, 600x600
>>321480156

If you asked any person knowledgable or unknowledgable they would ask you what the fuck a Wii U is
>>
>>321480156
But anon, the NX is targeting 20 million sale by the end of 2016, the wiiu is dead and rotted to the bone, nintendo just can't seem to get away from it fast enough, they even sold themselves to a mobile company to do it
>>
>>321477578
Let them die

They are a shell of their former self way past their prime

The nintendo of today is flatoit incompetent, I would've said their games are good but infact they can't make any game as good as they used to either
>>
There needs to be a containment board for Nintendo their fanboys stop shitting up /v/, it's really getting out of hand these days
>>
>>321480827
Jokes on you anon, the mods and janitors are confirmed Neotendrones.
>>
>>321479104
>first party games aren't ass
they have always been ass, it's something that won't change as long as they still have their dick in everything
>third party support actually exists
it was all nintendo's fault on that, they have been extremely hostile to 3rd party developers for years and have now isolated themselves with no chance to reverse it
>stop ignoring that online exists
but all their online features are a vile mess that hasn't changed since that experiment on the famicom
>>
>>321480827
>video games
>>
>>321480827
>Stop discussing video games that I don't like!!!1!
>>
File: saving_wiiu.webm (1 MB, 560x584) Image search: [Google]
saving_wiiu.webm
1 MB, 560x584
>>321477578
>>
>Tear down NoA and replace it with a company that actually knows how to do their fucking jobs
>Broaden horizons and try making things that people wouldn't expect to come out of Nintendo
>Take some lessons from Splatoon: Let more new people make games, actually advertise shit if you want it to sell, not everything needs to be a sequel
>Give up on chasing the hyper-casual audience and stop considering them when developing everything
>>
File: 2015 stocks.png (292 KB, 722x877) Image search: [Google]
2015 stocks.png
292 KB, 722x877
>>321477578

we buy stocks
>>
>>321482608

But the wiiu is still failing!
>>
Nintendo is pretty much dead in the 1st party console space.

They'll just whore off their IPs to everyone instead. Good second and third party developers, bad second and third party developers, mobile shit, movies television, anime pandering shit, even fucking themeparks and etc.
>>
>>321478164
>3DS worst selling Nintendo handheld to date
Is that just the original 3ds?
Does it include the buttload of different 3da/2ds versions?
>>
>>321483231
Then hire him again so you can fire him again.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.