[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does the 3DS still exist? It's so fucking archaic. Getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: CHT3D.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
CHT3D.webm
2 MB, 640x360
Why does the 3DS still exist? It's so fucking archaic. Getting this company's products obviously doesn't push them to any decent standards. Doesn't that make its audience casual?

There was better 3D before the 3DS was probably even designed, much less produced; and it's just headtracking, instead of splitting the screen's resolution and doubling the render requirements (of which, also requires viewing angle hacks).
>>
File: PHT3D.webm (853 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
PHT3D.webm
853 KB, 640x360
>>
File: your monitor is now 3D.webm (3 MB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
your monitor is now 3D.webm
3 MB, 427x240
Here it is on a full size TV. This is a method which sets up the Wiimote, which is an infrared camera, by the TV and LED lights on (e.g.) a pair of glasses.
>>
>>321476390
>touch screen controls
Its lack of physical buttons makes 90% of games impossible to play
>>
>>321476864
>>touch screen controls
>completely missing the point
>>
>>321476864
The games would still obviously play in 3D with standard controls.
>>
>>321476982
>the point of the 3ds is the 3d and not the games
Casual scum detected.

The 3d is optional and didn't require glasses or a camera. If you actually ever played a game that required moving the system around you'd find that it is very difficult because of lighting conditions.

Fun fact, the 3DS is also the third DS system.
>>
I don't really care about the 3D, just the games, that's why I got a 2DS.
>>
>mobile niggers thinking they are people
thats quite hilarious.
>>
>m-m-m-mobile gaming is still a thing, pls belief

It was a fad that has already died out.
just like your miniscule brain.
>>
>>321476390
>head tracking is better than stereoscopic
Nigger are you high? It literally has no 3D effect unless you move your head or device. And the New 3DS has it in addition to stereoscopic anyway.
>>
>>321476390
That's not the same thing because it doesn't create depth perception, both eyes are getting the same image. In this context that's not 3D, it's just moving the ingame camera on the 2D display with your head.
>>
>>321476689
>This is a method which sets up an infrared camera by the TV and LED lights on a pair of glasses.

in English? Sets up what on what?
>>
>>321483275
You put a Wii Remote on the TV and a sensor bar on your head.
>>
>>321483275
Lol how dumb are you?

The camera on the TV picks up two little red dots of light coming from the glasses. The camera then tracks the position and distance of the two red dots.

It's basically how the wii remote works. The camera inside the controller picks up the infrared light from the sensor bar.
>>
>>321476390
Smartphones aren't going to kill off handhelds until they have buttons and better battery life for more complex games
>>
File: MHT3D.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
MHT3D.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>321478617
>>321478848
>>321479005
>>321479761
>I have no clue what this thread is about
>The 3DS' archaic 3D system doesn't really affect me
>even though it makes the screen 240p
Games are effected by processing and resolution.

>If you actually ever played a game that required moving the system around you'd find that it is very difficult because of lighting conditions.
Not sure if criticizing the 3D, the screen fidelity, or both, but that's no point for the 3DS as a functional or great product.

>Even the 2DS is 240p

>>321481531
>as if you're ever completely still
>holding it closer or farther affects the 3D

>>321482162
You seem to have no idea. As stated in this post, the depth is affected by distance.

Protip: it's the webm in the OP.
>>
>>321484460
Give it a rest you nigger.
Just let the thread die.
>>
>>321484979
>saging vidya
>as if you have anything better to say on this whole board
>>
>>321476390
>>321476482
>>321476689
>>321484460
Nice tech demos, dork. Got any demonstrations of this wondrous technology in use with anything other than static objects?
>>
>>321484460
>You seem to have no idea. As stated in this post, the depth is affected by distance.
Then you have no fucking idea what "depth perception" means, because if both eyes are seeing the same image there is no depth perception
>>
>>321485162
I am saging shitty shitposting threads.
I'm reporting them too.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.