[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FFVII
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: q.jpg (45 KB, 256x255) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
45 KB, 256x255
Why is this game so highly regarded?
>>
IDK. It's shit compared to Undertale.

Of course, everything is shit compared to Undertale.
>>
>>321471685
peoples first rpg
>>
>>321471685
It ushered in the age of 3D graphics RPG's, popularized cyberpunk themes, and it was most people's first exposure to a fantasy game that wasn't elves and goblins.

I don't like it personally, but it's easy to see how it caught on.
>>
The soundtrack is pretty good
>>
Constantly thoughtful massive undertaking of extreme and uncompromised complete vision with a huge budget in a way almost never seen by games before or since
>>
Comfiest game ever made
>>
>>321471685
I'm currently playing it for the first time and after 30 hours can say it's because the game is very accessible and was either many people first RPG or were blown away by the graphics FFVIII is objectively better albeit not different enough.
>>
>>321471685
It's fun.
>>
>ITT it's 1997

The only way to dissect this mystery, anons.
>>
>>321472016
>>321472241
>>321472321
Buzzwords - The Thread
>>
>>321472905
>fun is a buzzword
i dont even like final fantasy but you are retarded
>>
>>321472905
VII is thoughtful, Sakaguchi wrote the scenario after his grandmother had died and that obviously had a big impact on him and the premise for the game's world (i.e the Gaia hypothesis taken to a metaphysical level).

Also, comfy and fun are buzzwords?
>>
>>321471871
>popularized cyberpunk themes

nigga what
>>
excellent question, thought it was a pile of shite myself.
>>
WOW THIS THREAD AGAIN
>>
>>321471685

Mostly because it's good, the FMVs, and because it was the first foray into RPGs for a lot of people.

>tfw these days this game would be too complex for a lot of people who've never played an RPG before.
>>
>>321471685
It got released at a time when games like Myst would be perfectly acceptable, as long as they had cool 3D FMVs.
It helped it got released on the most popular platform at the time, too.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.