[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UnderRail Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: BoxShot.jpg (82 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
BoxShot.jpg
82 KB, 480x600
Post your Undertale builds.
>>
>>321471643

Put all your points into transition surgery and hair dye.
>>
>>321471643
>High STR
>High DEX
>High AGI
>High CON
>High Melee
>High Intimidation
>Fists only
RIP AND TEAR!
>>
Game sucks and makes no sense.
>Try going with a Psi only build
>Put points into tailoring since I imagine clothing over leather/mechanical armor will be better for a "mage"
>Psi beetle carapace drops
>Extremely good for psi characters!
>Oh wait, you need a shit load of mechanics skill to use it, sorry
>No other psi armor in the game

Wow, what a load of fucking shit.

Psi is fucking worthless in this game, so why even include it?
You can't even specialize in 1 part of the Psi tree

>Go with Thought Control
>You're fucked against robots
>Go with Psychokinesis
>Shit when not paired with unarmed
>Go with Metathermics
>Shit against robots AGAIN
>>
>>321471643
>Undertale
>>
>>321473390
git gud
>>
File: zelda.jpg (17 KB, 255x352) Image search: [Google]
zelda.jpg
17 KB, 255x352
>>321474796
>use a similar name to another popular game
>maybe people will accidentally buy it
>>
>>321474971
Nah I'll just go play a game that actually makes sense.
Glad I pirated this piece of shit though :^)

Enjoy your dead thread.
>>
File: RULES OF NATURE.png (374 KB, 1021x765) Image search: [Google]
RULES OF NATURE.png
374 KB, 1021x765
>>321473390
If you specialize in only one school, you're not well rounded enough to tackle any challenge with your limited knowledge of Psi. That's good.

>thought control
Use EMPs or other weapons. Why should thought control be effective against robots just because?

>Psychokinesis
I'm using it without Unarmed and doing fantastically. Electrokinesis and Telekenetic Punch kicks ass.

>metathermatics
You can freeze robots and use EMPs on them while they're out.

>b-but i shouldn't have to use EMP grenades
Sorry you expect heat and cold or electrochemical fuckery to effect military grade weapons.
>>
>>321475653
No, that's not good at all.

In any other game, you can specialize in a certain school of magic and get through the entire game with that school. Games that force you to take a bit of everything are fucking garbage. It ruins immersion, it ruins any chance of roleplay.
>Woops, my Metathermic/Thought Control Psi user can't get past robots, guess I'm fucked because I didn't invest in the one thing that can beat them.

It's not even a case of not having enough skill points. I easily could have put points into just about any other combat skill, but that's not how I want to play.
I went with hacking as it fit with my character and I expected to be able to deal with robots with that, but nope, you either use the few skills that deal with them or they hard counter any build.
>>
File: attack sheet.png (2 MB, 1919x1059) Image search: [Google]
attack sheet.png
2 MB, 1919x1059
>>321471643
Gotta punch fast.
>>
>>321476553
Personally, it makes the world seem more reasonable. Yeah, you'll run into things that will fuck you up and a little Psi power isn't the perfect solution to every situation, so, what do you do? Well, you get creative. You use traps, you use bombs, you lure enemies down corridors with pyrokinesis and use their traps against them, you buy emps to shore up your weaknesses acknowledging that behind able to manipulate the organic mind doesn't mean much when faced with AI routines.

You've also got the option to sneak around through vents with lock picking if you want to avoid the fight, or go stealth and sneak that shit.

I see all these options that all you to progress while keeping each tree unique, not the same trees with different colored sparks.

>hacking
I'll see that point. I would have thought there'd be consoles to control the robots, but oh well. I managed.
>>
Just when do I start getting more psi abilities?
>>
Wait, what? You can't beat the game by focusing on 1 Psi branch? For fuck sake, I'm like 4 hours into the game. I do not have the patience to reroll.

How many robot sections are there in the game?
>>
>>321477479
After the 3 teachers in SGS, look for new techniques in military labs and buy them from doctors.

There's one in Junkyard too.
>>
>>321478160
>How many robot sections are there in the game?
Enough for it to be an issue.

What Psi branch?
>>
If I want to be a sniper with some sneaking, should I just bring down all my other attributes to 1-2? So far I've been having all my stats around 5-6 with stuff like Agi at 7.
>>
>>321477479
Aside from the first 3 teachers?

You can get one ability if you focus on the rock in Silent Island's cave and have 7 or more will

Also certain vendors can sell a consumable that will teach you a specific skill. If you're doing psi-punching you want to buy Telekinetic Proxy from the doctor in Core Town.

I've yet to find another true tutor NPC like the ones in SGS.
>>
>>321478265
The absolute worst one for robots. Thought Control.
Fuck, shit, fuck. I was enjoying the fuck out of this character too.
>>
>>321478341
You'll be faced with situations where you won't win initiative and will have people/animals ready to fuck your shit up immediately.

>so far
Being even should be fine.
>>
>>321478420
Just buy lots of EMP grenades. Even if you fuck up throwing them they shouldn't kill you.
>>
>>321478420
Take along shitloads of EMPs and other traps when you travel. Abuse their AI (because they're robots and that's realistic).
>>
>>321478160
Just stealth through or throw shitloads of emp grenades at them.
>>
>>321471643
Does melee actaully good in this game?
>>
>>321471643

I made an SMG character, pretty good so far but eats through ammo fast.

You can get really high dex agi and perception while having okay con since the other attributes are not too useful for you.
You can burst two times a round and have enough ap to get off one more specialized shot, and shred most things using the right ammo types; but it eats up your ammo so damn fast.

Not sure if I should get my strength up some to go full bullet spraying with the 2 extra shots a burst or raise dex and perception more to increase my damage and lower my ap use even more.

I think almost every character should put a few points into throwing, grenades are just too good to not use, especially when you fuck up going ironman and need to burn down groups.
>>
Rate these skills

Pickpocket
Traps
Mercantile
>>
File: ballistic.jpg (15 KB, 236x313) Image search: [Google]
ballistic.jpg
15 KB, 236x313
So I know this game has melee weapons, shields and guns. Would a character that uses shields and pistols be viable?
>>
Throwing only build. Y/N?
>>
>>321480076

You might be able to make it work, you would end up waiting for vendor restocks even more than bullet sprayers though.

>>321479994

Probably would not be too bad, if you spec into pistols you can get their ap cost pretty low, might be better to go SMGs though since they have a bit more feat support and would use pretty much the same stats.
You would never run out of bullets though, probably end up selling most of them.
>>
>>321479985
Pickpocket - Meh
Traps - Top tier. With enough prep time you can become batman. Combine with crossbows and stack debuff aids/stuns/opportunist.
Mercantile - Bad
>>
>>321478729
Are robots even an encounter when traveling? I've never run into them outside quest zones.

The game seems to run them as semi-optional encounters because of how hard it can be to actually kill them with a lot of attack types.
>>
>>321479985
>Pickpocket
free stuff tier.

>Traps
Doesn't need much stat investment to be useful tier.

>Mercantile
shit

>>321480076
I have trouble imagining you'd find the throwables you need earl- no, actually there are a lot of skills attached to Throwing Knives. Biology (poison) + knives is probably viable.

>>321479994
Viable but not min-max tier.
>>
>>321480368
You'll run into them traveling with faceless and there are some military installations you'll probably want to explore full of them.
>>
>Tfw never enough skills to make a character I want, even when I limit myself to 1 offense based skill

Pretty annoying, to be honest.
>>
Has anyone tried out Heavy Punch? It seems like it could potentially get a lot of value if you selectively use it on Combo/Pneumatic Hammer/Opportunist hits, and also should be a nice anti-armor utility.
>>
>>321481380

Okay let's do this. You niggas seem to know what you're doing when it comes to character creation, so help me make a Throwing only guy.
Threads on the verge of death anyway so you can bump it while helping me.

Here's what I have right now, but I'm not too happy with it.

Str 3
Dex 10
Agi 10
Con 3
Per 3
Wil 3
Int 8

Throwing
Dodge
Evasion
Hacking
Lockpicking
Mechanics
Electronics
Chemistry

No feats yet because I can't even decide on a stat and skill setup that I like yet.

I really think I'd need tailoring.
Traps and Stealth would have been fun to try too, but I doubt they're necessary.

I don't know what mechanics makes, but it seems to be needed to some extent when crafting an awful lot of things, so if it's needed for some grenades or armor, then I have to keep it of course.
>>
>>321482540
I dunno if it was just bad luck, but Dodge/Evasion never really helped me much.
>>
File: JUST.png (615 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
615 KB, 1280x720
>>321472058
>Try this
>Die to first rats
>>
>>321476553
>build pyromancer
>get to volcano
>these lava elementals are immune to fire
>WOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>321483148

It is pretty good, but you really need to support it.

High agi along with both skills maxed to crossclass eachother and light armor and tabi with dodge bonuses on them along with nimbleness are pretty good.

I still think heavy armor is better though, especially since you can't seem to dodge most psionic strikes.
>>
File: Shatner.jpg (58 KB, 618x412) Image search: [Google]
Shatner.jpg
58 KB, 618x412
Shiiieeeet, dude. I wasn't expecting how brutal this game is. Really takes me back.

I'm gonna have to reroll with something more viable.
>>
>>321482540
Is 8 int really necessary? I'd swap 2 of those into Wil for Ripper. It'll also hopefully help you not die instantly to psionics. It's mediocre but it synergizes with Fatal Throw and being locked out of Crit Power means it's your only critdamage feat.

Drop Lockpicking for Tailoring and Dodge for Biology. Your objective is going to be kiting everything with PInning and CC spam anyway, and with 3 con you'll probably never survive actual melee threats.
>>
>>321483148
>>321484913
Alright dodging is gone, and I've dropped Int down to 6 and put Will back up to 5.

Is lockpicking not as useful as hacking?
Also shall I just drop evasion too (Although I like the sound of the aoe damage reduction) and invest into traps?
>>
>>321476553
>In any other game, you can specialize in a certain school of magic and get through the entire game with that school.

Id like to see you beat LOD with a single element sorceress. In hell element immune monsters are everywhere.
>>
>>321485310
There are a lot more lockpicking locks than hacking ones, but a lot of what's in there is rubbish or just empty.
>>
what kind of game is this?
from what i've seen it's like an underground fallout systemshock?
>>
>Remake my AR Oper8er
>Fucking dawns on me how retarded some things are
>Crafting
>Requires vests fort certain armor
>Can't craft your own vests.

How much Acid Resist do you need for Depot A, I'm able to build my own set of Metal Armor, but I'm fucking paranoid considering everyones complaints so far about those fucking mutants and dogs.
>>
>>321485610
Think Fallout 2 but better combat and exploration, the tradeoff being less ways to solve quests and some bad (but mostly just meh/whatever) writing.

Solid 7.5 on the cRPG scale.
>>
>>321485310
I personally have yet to see it be necessary for anything but extra loot, which shouldn't matter when you're doing a lot of crafting anyway.

Evasion is still really nice to have because it reduces AOE damage, helps you avoid ranged snares, might help you survive a ranged exchange, and enables you to potentially grab Evasive Footwork which is really potent on a high mobility character (though not as potent as on a high mobility melee character.)

Bio may honestly be overkill, but are you ever going to find a better excuse to use poisons than now?
>>
>>321485662
Any amount is good, it's mostly small damage there that just adds up very quickly.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.