[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How good is Xenoblade Chronicles X? Never played normal Xenoblade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: xenoblade-chronicles-x.png (939 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade-chronicles-x.png
939 KB, 1000x500
How good is Xenoblade Chronicles X? Never played normal Xenoblade Chronicles if that matters.
>>
my GOTY, followed by bloodborne and W3

the answer to your question depends on how much you like exploration. If you're someone who thinks open world games are just fluff then avoid it. If not it's a dream come true
>>
>>321461037
Didn't play chronicles, got 200 hours in and i wish i brought my WiiU to my familly reunion instead of my 3ds.
Quite nice, but i'm a sucker for customisation/big robot/exploration so THIS GAME WAS MADE FOR ME
>>
>>321461037
Getting this out of the way
No shower
Kill Piglets
Bring Kepha Holy to save chieftain son
Blue Wire
Learn to disarm bomb in the hangar
Send Bates south
Intervene when Alex does his seminar
Propose a plan crazy enough it might just work
>>
Pretty fucken cool, the dialogue options always have this charm and humor to them
>>
>>321462803
I did all of these, i feel lucky.
>>
I did play Xenoblade, though not this one yet. How's the combat and music compare? The characters? Are the sidequests still shit? Is there anything to find in the world but glowing blue lights? Is the story decent? Normally I don't ask about story because I rarely care about it, and this game's draw to me is the exploration anyway, it's just that I was actually pleasantly surprised with Xenoblade's story and ended up liking it quite a bit, so I was just wondering how X's was.
>>
Got this game today but I might actually have to throw it in my backlog, I've already been occupying myself with Neptunia and Hyrule Warriors.
>>
>>321462803
Do you miss out on anything if you don't do this? I spared the piglets.
>>
>>321463460
In order.
Combat is better
Music is hit or miss, a few shit tracks you'll hear often, but a few god damned gems. Especially early when you are exploring the 3 first continent on foot, best fuckign music
Characters depend, Lin and tatsu can be annoying, but you got cool dude Like Nagi and L. L is mah niggah
Sideuqest depends, some are dark as shit, other are god damned funny. You can often interact by dialogue and these are often hilarious.
There are tons of cool cavern, formations, hidden world bosses, etc. Classic being Gho-Ra the rusemaster
Story is nothing special outside a few pretty good event, and it's clearly setup for a sequel.
>>
>>321464013
You just contributed to the death of a fellow human. Well done being worse than fuckign PETA
>>
It's shit. The font is small af so you have to sit close to the screen. The music is horrid and embarassing even. Graphically, it looks like a late ps2 game with really impressive draw distance. Most of the dialog isn't voices so have fun reading. The game isn't badass because it's weeb writing. The combat sucks because you can walk through every enemy and there's no vibration to be found- no weight to the combat at all. There's pop in all over the place- EVERY compromise has been made to accomodate the draw distance.

It just wasn't pleasant for me. Would not recomend to non weebs.
>>
File: splat.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
splat.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>
>>321465942
GOAT side quest
>>
>>321465942
>>321466059
I dont remember that?!

What is it this one?
>>
>>321466161
murder most foul
>>
>>321462362
>the answer to your question depends on how much you like exploration. If you're someone who thinks open world games are just fluff then avoid it. If not it's a dream come true

What if I do enjoy exploration, but I think games such as Witcher 3's open world is barren and uninteresting? Is this any better?
>>
>>321465942
What PS2 game is this?
>>
>>321466258
see for yourself, look up the continents

keep in mind you're not landlocked and can go anywhere you see
>>
>>321466202
Never seen it. I'm at fuckign 200 hours and apparentrly still am missing some of these
>>
>>321466501
it was initiated for me when I walked between those buildings in the district, it wasn't on the board or an NPC quest
>>
>>321466258
I liked this world better. Exploring is needed to get probes up, but you cn,t jsut go straight because enemies 50 level above you are around waiting to fuck you up.
>>
>>321466610
I'll go take a look then
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.