[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>getting KOTOR 1 >never played a game like this before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
File: KotOR_Cover.png (662 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
KotOR_Cover.png
662 KB, 768x960
>getting KOTOR 1
>never played a game like this before
>help me /v/
>>
make thing you want to be and do stuff appropriate to thing you chose
>>
Blasters are super shitty, stick to melee combat.

You should be set! The game is pretty easy and overall enjoyable
>>
Go evil. It's the right thing to do.
>>
>>321457830
You might be better off asking >>>/tg/, considering that KOTOR, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate and the other RPGs of that era are directly ported from tabletop
>>
>>321457830
Step 1: Get out of Taris
Step 2: Get Lightsaber
Step 3: Kill everyone
Step 4: Romance Bastila
>>
>>321458037
this

just spam flurry or something, taris takes a shitload of time (like 5 hours) but then the game gets massively better.
>>
>>321457973
>He never played a blaster jedi
>>
I never felt this way before.

Sing it /v/!
>>
>>321457830
Stick to melee
Get Dual wielding feats, but only actually use them once you've got them mastered
Give First Aid/Persuade skills priority, regardless if they're cross class or not
Ignore Scoundrels. They're shit until endgame, and even then get outstripped by everything else
Make sure you visit Yavin 4 after you finish every planet
>>
>>321458209
God damn I loved using the heavy repeating blaster.
>>
>>321458209
I've played the games more times than I can count ever since it came out man, he's playing it for his first time and needs help on a piss easy RPG. Telling him to go melee makes it simple for someone who clearly needs simplicity. Granted none of it's hard but the bar is set pretty low here
>>
KOTOR II is even better.
>>
>>321457830
Free on amazon underground(android, not sure if the apps available on iOS).
>>
>>321457830
One blue saber, one red
total bad assery
>>
>>321458524
So what's the deal with amazon underground? The way it says "actually free" makes me think it's not actually free and some hidden cost is somewhere.
>>
>>321458914
I'm not sure, I just read it in another thread and thought to spread it after I found out it's tru. I just couldn't install the rest of the game due to shit storage on phone needing me to delete some things I'm not ready to delete yet.

But soon.

I suppose there's ads, like with the kindle.
>>
>>321458209

im currently doing my first blaster run through, its pretty hard compared to melee which ive done maybe ten times

for a new player melee is definately the way
>>
Will this spike in KOTOR sales send a message to EA about Star Wars and RPGs?

... EVERYONE BUY KOTOR 2
>>
>>321457830
Install gentoo
>>
>>321459319
You're likely to see more focus on SWTOR than you are KOTOR3 if people are showing interest. SWTOR is a huge cash cow for them.
>>
>>321458173
No it doesnt ever get better, the game consists of, as you eloquently put it, spamming flurry, that is literally the peak of this games decision making gameplay.

Shit fucking game and /v/ should be ashamed for liking this crap.
>>
>>321457830
I wanted to play through the game again. Picked it up for three bucks.

Had to return it since the main character would glitch out and stop moving. Eventually got to a point where I had no sidekick to move instead, and I couldn't find an actual fix before the 2 hour refund expired. Oh well.
>>
>>321457830

It's piss easy overall. Enjoy it.

Then play Kotor 2. It's even better with the Restored Content mod and it works great on Steam now. Even recently got some achievements and it performs way better than it used to.

A little weird how it suddenly got so much more support for newer hardware right as the new Star Wars movies are coming out. Hope that means we'll see more of the franchise or some of the canon from it.
>>
How can I make it a not shit resolution? I can't get DSR to work on it and it's stuck at 1280x1024.
>>
>>321459319

EA doesn't give a fuck and you know it. Their concern is shoving Battlefront and TOR down everyone's throats since it's easier to just put out 25% of a game at 60 dollars and make the final cost way over 100 dollars. I just wish Disney hadn't been so stupid as to give them full rights to all future games for fucking years.

Hopefully they make the license available to everyone eventually.
>>
>>321459818
Stay assblasted nerd. Saying a good game is bad is a bad meme senpai.
>>
>>321460609
Please explain how a combat system with absolutely zero decision making involved is a good game.

Do you just like the pretty lightsabers?
>>
>>321460550
Disney always goes with what the money says.
Given that even normalfags didn't appreciate being jewed by EA, it's possible that it might become public in 5 years or so, assuming EA stays on their current course and alienates even more fans
>>
>>321459892
Turn on vsync in the settings
>>
>>321457830
I played the game when I was 9 years old having never played an RPG before. If I could do it, you can do it too.
>>
>>321457830
FUCK YOU
>>
Replayed KOTOR and KOTOR 2 TSL a month ago. Pretty fun, liked KOTOR 1 more though.
>>
>>321460192
>Hope that means we'll see more of the franchise or some of the canon from it.

You're getting your wish, senpai. SWTOR is getting a fuck ton of story stuff.
>>
File: kurdishgirlsafp.jpg (53 KB, 616x394) Image search: [Google]
kurdishgirlsafp.jpg
53 KB, 616x394
just fucking play it. you are supposed to learn on the job. If you read a thread you will just learn some stupid min-max bullshit exploit and ruin the game. Same with dialog choices. The games balanced enough you can't fuck up too bad in the first mission and ruin ending or somehintg
>>
>>321458209
how uncivilised
>>
>>321458914
I have it on my phone and aside from an amazon underground ad that pops up before the game boots up and that's it.

The touch controls leave a lot to be desired though.
>>
>>321458209
yeah, but blaster jedi is more difficult to build, if you start out as a melee character from the start your lightsaber game will be strong.

I fucked up my build by going blaster rifles and having to pour everything into str in order to be able to hit anything.
>>
>>321458209
I wish you could make a guy with a saber and a few questions build.
>>
>>321463373
he could probably fuck his game up if he invested points into melee before turning jedi and having light saber perks, then going jedi consular, he could get through most of the stuff with a grind but most battles would suck and solo shit would be a bitch. i've made it through taris as like level 1 or 2 total minimum before though but it'd be do-able most likely
>>
>>321457830
Play as a sith, it's the most fun by far.
>>
>>321457830
As long as you nail Bastilla you are free to do whatever you want.
Give in to your anger
>>
One question, Dual lightsabers or double bladed lightsaber?
>>
File: 1411947236212.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1411947236212.jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
single light saber flurry spam, 3x jedi party

You just beat KOTOR
>>
Are there any mods needed for KOTOR1?
>>
>>321466979
Well... it seems I dun fucked up.
>>
Not OP, but what are some ways I can fuck my character up without realising?
>>
File: 1451087358112.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451087358112.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
What game is this ?
>>
>>321475339
The Force Unleashed

It was a shitty god of war clone with star wars skin. I'd give it a 6/10 pirate it when you're depressed
>>
>>321472479
I fucked up too by picking scoundrel into sentinel and going full strength

But that was when I was a kid
>>
>>321475339
god that game was so disappointing
>>
File: mocking jay.jpg (71 KB, 570x671) Image search: [Google]
mocking jay.jpg
71 KB, 570x671
>all these TFA normies buying up D&D style rpgs
lel
>>
>>321457830
You're Revan
>>
I just got this with Kotor 2 and Jedi academy today, was about to get battlefield but fuck ea. Is steam safe now though?
>>
>>321461001
Thanks for the tip, anon, but I tried that.
>>
>>321457830
KOTOR was my first western RPG as well

Pick Solider
Make flurry and persuade your top priorities
Go darkside
Enjoy the story
>>
File: 4143817-0502326174-40638.jpg (34 KB, 386x363) Image search: [Google]
4143817-0502326174-40638.jpg
34 KB, 386x363
Tell me about Darth Malak, why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>321479194
what if i dont want to use a light saber
>>
>>321458093
[Correction]: Step 3: Kill Everyone With HK-47
[Declaration]: ftfy, meatbag
>>
A friend of mine is a big fan of star wars but has never played through the KOTOR series. He has a kid on the way though so he'll only have enough time to play one of the games.

He's really curious about alternative takes on the Force and Jedi/Sith philosophy. And he has no patience for buggy games.

Should I refer him to KOTOR 1 or KOTOR 2?
>>
>>321482510
/v/ says KOTOR 2 is better, but I've never done a full playthrough. I've played KOTOR 1 more and beaten it... twice? It's not exactly buggy, but it is pretty dated.

The bigger question is, does he have patience? There are at least two whole sections (sadly, the first world is one of these) that are molasses-tier slow.
>>
>>321482510
Always KOTOR 1 first because a lot of 2 assumes the player has played 1, even if it works as a self-enclosed story. That and he'd probably like 1 better since it's closer to what he already likes, whereas dumping him into 2 right away might seem jarring.

That said, both are pretty buggy.
>>
>>321458079

Meh, Star Wars d20 is the worst Star Wars RPG. Star Wars d6 is where it is at.
>>
The game goddamn near plays itself for you, you fuckwit.
>>
>>321482756
Shit, forgot about the slow as fuck beginning sections. I personally found KOTOR2 > KOTOR1 in that regard. A poor opening will turn him off immediately.

>>321482873
Yeah I was initially thinking of that too, but I think he'd really get into the storytelling of the second game far more than the first. But it'd be like watching Empire Strikes Back before A New Hope.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.