[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest, /v/: How many of these do you want to play?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: pcexc.jpg (4 MB, 3750x7697) Image search: [Google]
pcexc.jpg
4 MB, 3750x7697
Around 50 of them look like something I'd like to try but I actually know what all of these are. How about you guys?
>>
>>321457285
Hey, at least 50 is better than 1 or less.
>>
If we're being 100% honest with ourselves, most PC exclusives can not match the quality of many console exclusives because they have such a small budget. Like seriously, 50%+ of those games are made by 5 people indie teams working on a 500k kickstarter budget
>>
>Mordheim
What's that? Looks like Vermintide, guessing it's related
>>
>>321457517
>quality of many console exclusives
Such as?
>>
>>321457517
Meanwhile you play those PC games over and over, no one bothers doing more than one run of those console exclusives. Bloodborne was okay for 2-3 runs.
>>
>>321457668
This man has a good point. It's odd how these console games that are supposedly "higher quality" than PC games are usually used and thrown out while literally everyone plays their go-to PC games regularly
>>
>4 games I want to play
>90 games listed

That's depressing
>>
>>321457285
I just wanna play Black Desert just for the character creator and masturbate with my creations. I don't care about gameplay or anything.
>>
>>321457848
I paid $5 for Don't Starve and have put 150 hours into it. Hoping to put another 150 in when Shipwrecked is out and complete. I don't like early access. Meanwhile Sonyfanboys expect me to be excited for Uncharted 4, a 15 hour movie with no replay value.
>>
>>321457848
It's because all that budget that is bragged about don't go to important things like creative game design or anything like that, it goes to marketing, expensive voice actors and movie orchestras.
>>
>>321457285
>How many of these do you want to play?
Maybe 10 or less. Probably less
>>
>A Hat in Time
>Besiege
>Divinity:OS2
>Xcom 2
>>
What upcoming pc releases are people hype for?
>>
>>321457932
That is pretty depressing, you might want to take up a different hobby
>>
>>321457285
Black Desert
Divinity Original Sin II
Escape from Tarkov
Homeworld Shipbreakers
Planet Coaster
Star Citizen
Syberia 3
RollerCoaster Tycoon World
XCOM2
Unreal Tournament
Starcraft II
Heroes of the Storm
Pillars of Eternity

Perhaps Umbra as well.
>>
>>321457580
It's a 3rd-person tactics game similar to xcom, in the Warhammer universe.
It's already out:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
>>
>>321457285
3. I only know one of those from the pictures though.
>>
>>321458338
Problem?
>>
Seems like no one but me is interested in Battlefleet Gothic Armada :(
>>
>>321458597
mite get
>>
As a console user who was on PC for literally the last decade, I can honestly say, I am interested in ZERO of those games. I know exactly what kind of low-effort low-budget wannabe games these are, I tried fooling myself they were good for over a decade. Budget doesn't dictate all but money certainly doesn't buy experience and the expertise to create games that are actually engaging, self-respecting and enjoyable. I may enjoy one aspect of the game but it'll fall flat on it's face in just about every other category and graphics simply cannot redeem them from this vital flaw.
>>
>>321459102
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here but I am pretty sure that this is a false flag because if you aren't interested in Star Citizen, Xcom 2, UT4 or Grim Dawn, you don't even play video games
>>
>>321458635
The titles are shown in each game's image, you should recognize at least 30 names in that image if you play videogames
>>
>>321459686
I meant out of the 3 I am interested in I only know 1. The rest doesn't interest me in the slightest.
>>
>>321459839
Which ones are you interested in, just out of curiosity?
>>
>>321459421
>kickscam
>dead genre rts that can run on family household pc's
>oh another shooter with a graphical upgrade
>literal who

Glad I dropped PC gaming last year.
>>
>>321460014
Oh fuck me. Battlefleed Gothic Armada, Endless Space_2 and Unreal Tournament.
>>
>>321457285
Around 10, though some of them I already played.
>>
>>321459421
>if you aren't interested in Star Citizen, Xcom 2, UT4 or Grim Dawn, you don't even play video games
Neo-/v/ strikes again
>>
>>321460042
>I dropped PC gaming
Ah, basic case of the sour grapes then. Carry on
>>
>>321460647
How many are saying this, and how many are saying they're not interested in anything? I think we both know who the real neo-/v/ is.
>>
>>321460902
>I think we both know who the real neo-/v/ is.
Yeah, neo-/v/ is the people who like all these shitty games. I bet you thought Fallout 4 was GOTY as well you fucking faggot
>>
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
Total War: Warhammer
Routine
Torment: Tides of Numenaria
Star Citizen
Age of Decadence
Pillars of Eternity
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
>>
>Ashes of the Singularity already released months ago
>I didn't even know

So it's shit, right?
>>
File: pcexclusivesforbeginners.jpg (4 MB, 3750x7697) Image search: [Google]
pcexclusivesforbeginners.jpg
4 MB, 3750x7697
Here's a little guide for those who don't know what a lot of the games in the OP are. You should look into the checkmarked games (or be interested in them if you already know what they are) at the very least if you play videogames.
>>
>>321457285
>>
>>321457285

>Hawken

So much potential in that game

If the maps weren't so boring and the mechs were more mobile than old station wagons the game would be godlike.
>>
>>321457285

Any of those have good local-multiplayer?
>>
I've played a bit of Besiege and SR Dragonfall, will probably play SR Hong Kong, LoG 2, Routine

My computer has been a potato until now and I've been off the news of releases
>>
File: ni hao chibi uguu.jpg (141 KB, 250x910) Image search: [Google]
ni hao chibi uguu.jpg
141 KB, 250x910
>>321461464
Lmao, you don't like normalfag shit like Fallout 4 and you apparently don't like patrician shit like the games in the OP. Do you play anything besides anime games?

Here I got a list of PC games for people like you here you go
>>
File: 1450968088792.jpg (14 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1450968088792.jpg
14 KB, 250x250
>>321460042
>XCOM
>rts
>>
>>321461609
It's in early access, hence it being in the unreleased portion of the image

It has 81% positive steam user reviews, must be pretty good
>>
>>321457285
Some of them look so generic you wouldn't what they are from without the title, top kek
>>
>>321462453
Look at this cancer
Fuck off lost idiot
>>
>>321462013
Gang Beasts does, I don't know if any of the others do

PCcouchcoop.com is a good place to find PC games with local multi
>>
File: das dark souls 3 preorder.png (123 KB, 936x310) Image search: [Google]
das dark souls 3 preorder.png
123 KB, 936x310
>>321457285
What I'm looking forward to for 2016 is DD:DA (again), Dark Souls 3, DX and that one puzzle game that Sony is publishing on the PS4 but is also coming to PC.

And XCOM, if it has less RNG bullshit. One good thing I already saw was that enemies now don't just magically run away as soon as you spot them. That was one of the most horrendous design ideas I've ever seen in any kind of strategy game.
>>
>>321462453
>Indie cashgrabs and kickstarter scams are now considered patrician games
Where did we go so wrong...
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.